Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-03-2022, 07:39 AM

8,039 posts, read 1,843,028 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
Lol, in the scripture you were referencing it was meaning discernment, you since the weekend on multiple posts were denying that it was discernment and pushing it meant passing judgement. So are you conceding now that Phil 1:9 is referring to discernment not the passing of judgement ?

What do you mean by this? If you say discernment, that is what I have been saying to you the whole time, which you have argued against.
I am saying that if it means discernment then it means judgment; for if judgment means discernment then discernment means judgment.

And therefore, even if it does mean discernment, it also means judgment.

I am not arguing that it doesn't mean discernment, I am arguing that it does mean judgment.

Old 02-03-2022, 07:43 AM

Quote:
When the Holy Spirit reproves of sin, it is not to condemn but to make the individual aware there is a life outside of it, which is righteousness (“Everyone who drinks this water will be thirsty again but whoever drinks the water I give them will never thirst AND “Blessed are those who hunger and thirst for righteousness, for they shall be satisfied). In respect to judgement(something very fond to you it appears), it is not the world he is referring to here, but the prince of this world. Your obsession with sin reminds me of that other fella on here, Finn Jarber, who was always beating the drum of judgement.
Sometimes that drum has to be beat because it is denied by some.

If there were not those who were clearly advocating Universalism on these boards, I would not feel any need to preach hell-fire and brimstone.

It is actually something that I would rather not have to do.

Old 02-03-2022, 08:40 AM

37,337 posts, read 28,293,297 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justbyfaith View Post
Sometimes that drum has to be beat because it is denied by some.

If there were not those who were clearly advocating Universalism on these boards, I would not feel any need to preach hell-fire and brimstone.

It is actually something that I would rather not have to do.
You were never authorized to preach fire and brimstone in the first place. You have shown your inability to understand the scripture by what you have been saying about Phil 1:9

For it hath been written, 'I live! saith the Lord -- to Me bow shall every knee, and every tongue shall confess to God;'

That in the name of Jesus every knee may bow — of heavenlies, and earthlies, and what are under the earth — and every tongue may confess that Jesus Christ [is] Lord, to the glory of God the Father.

This is the great reconciliation that God is and will accomplish.

By the way I am not a universalist, never claimed to be, I believe what the scripture says about it.

Old 02-03-2022, 10:36 AM

I get it that christians need it to be stated in black n white in the scriptures that all of mankind is universally reconciled back to God, and I think universalists on this thread have done a great job of that, but I honestly don't believe it is necessary though. For I have seen over the past few years remarkable acts of folk being saved, where the one doing the saving has gone above and beyond in their mission, I have even seen animals do likewise, and every time without fail this thought has come to me, "if we being evil would do this then how much more our Heavenly Father". Our Heavenly Father who is not only able to universally save all, but more than willing to do so. So, in mind I have no doubt that the salvation of all is easily attainable because of who the Savior is.

Old 02-03-2022, 12:57 PM

63,815 posts, read 40,087,129 times
Quote:
Judgment is knowing the difference between right and wrong.
And you would promote that we forsake judgment?
I would say the same to you, that may the Lord help those who are under your influence, they need it.
Stop this lying and twisting in the wind trying to protect your desire to JUDGE the sin of others. The only judgment you have been talking about has nothing to do with discerning right and wrong. It is passing judgment on the sins of others, period. We have no business EVER doing that because we have to leave any judgments to God.

Your preaching of hellfire and brimstone is anathema to Christ's Good News Gospel of agape love and forgiveness. It promotes fear, NOT love of God and each other. You are fostering Incomplete Contrition instead of repentance. You are doing Satan's job.

Old 02-03-2022, 03:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
Stop this lying and twisting in the wind trying to protect your desire to JUDGE the sin of others. The only judgment you have been talking about has nothing to do with discerning right and wrong. It is passing judgment on the sins of others, period. We have no business EVER doing that because we have to leave any judgments to God.

Your preaching of hellfire and brimstone is anathema to Christ's Good News Gospel of agape love and forgiveness. It promotes fear, NOT love of God and each other. You are fostering Incomplete Contrition instead of repentance. You are doing Satan's job.
The sins of others are wrongdoing; and I do not presume to judge anyone; I leave the judging up to Christ. I will proclaim to the sinner what His judgments are concerning sins that they may be committing.

Jesus preached hellfire and brimstone in Matthew 25:41, Matthew 25:46, Matthew 13:41-42, and Matthew 13:49-50.

So, you are saying that not only did Jesus do what is anathema to Christ's good news of agape love; but that He was doing satan's job.

Some view you have of Christ there, friend.

Old 02-03-2022, 03:46 PM

Quote:
I get it that christians need it to be stated in black n white in the scriptures that all of mankind is universally reconciled back to God, and I think universalists on this thread have done a great job of that, but I honestly don't believe it is necessary though. For I have seen over the past few years remarkable acts of folk being saved, where the one doing the saving has gone above and beyond in their mission, I have even seen animals do likewise, and every time without fail this thought has come to me, "if we being evil would do this then how much more our Heavenly Father". Our Heavenly Father who is not only able to universally save all, but more than willing to do so. So, in mind I have no doubt that the salvation of all is easily attainable because of who the Savior is.
The Bible contradicts Universalism very clearly in the following.

Luk 13:23, Then said one unto him, Lord, are there few that be saved? And he said unto them,
Luk 13:24, Strive to enter in at the strait gate: for many, I say unto you, will seek to enter in, and shall not be able.
Luk 13:25, When once the master of the house is risen up, and hath shut to the door, and ye begin to stand without, and to knock at the door, saying, Lord, Lord, open unto us; and he shall answer and say unto you, I know you not whence ye are:
Luk 13:26, Then shall ye begin to say, We have eaten and drunk in thy presence, and thou hast taught in our streets.
Luk 13:27, But he shall say, I tell you, I know you not whence ye are; depart from me, all ye workers of iniquity.
Luk 13:28, There shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth, when ye shall see Abraham, and Isaac, and Jacob, and all the prophets, in the kingdom of God, and you yourselves thrust out.
Luk 13:29, And they shall come from the east, and from the west, and from the north, and from the south, and shall sit down in the kingdom of God.

Old 02-03-2022, 03:49 PM

Quote:
You were never authorized to preach fire and brimstone in the first place. You have shown your inability to understand the scripture by what you have been saying about Phil 1:9

For it hath been written, 'I live! saith the Lord -- to Me bow shall every knee, and every tongue shall confess to God;'

That in the name of Jesus every knee may bow — of heavenlies, and earthlies, and what are under the earth — and every tongue may confess that Jesus Christ [is] Lord, to the glory of God the Father.

This is the great reconciliation that God is and will accomplish.

By the way I am not a universalist, never claimed to be, I believe what the scripture says about it.
And I would say that you have shown your inability to understand scripture by what you have been saying about Philippians 1:9.

Yes, every knee shall bow and every tongue shall confess to God; but it does not say there that every tongue shall confess that Jesus Christ is Lord.

If it said that, I could see a case for Universalism. Because no one can say that Jesus is the Lord except by the Holy Ghost. But it does not say that.

Old 02-03-2022, 03:51 PM

Quote:
You were never authorized to preach fire and brimstone in the first place.
God has indeed sent me to preach the whole counsel of God to the people on these boards.

Old 02-03-2022, 04:34 PM

Quote:
God has indeed sent me to preach the whole counsel of God to the people on these boards.
If that was the case how come in the book of Acts not ONCE do we read of the apostles preaching hell fire ? You have munching too much on the doctrine of men, ever likely you are so opposed to the great truth that God IS the savior of ALL men.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity