Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-27-2022, 03:38 PM

20,441 posts, read 12,788,798 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero 7 View Post
God "shall not" count our sins against us. We are forgiven at Calvary. His job is done at the cross. To say some live in sin for infinity is to declare God Himself a misfit, unable to save, unable to heal, unwilling to love...for God is able to chastise even the most hardened heart, refine it with fire. That fire, the purifying element is love. God is love..PERIOD but even so , it is a fearful thing to fall into the hands of the living God for the unrepentant soul.
What happens to that unrepentant soul?

Old 01-27-2022, 03:50 PM

63,809 posts, read 40,087,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmiej View Post
What happens to that unrepentant soul?
He spends some time seeing why his lack of repentance is wrong by personally experiencing the negative consequences of his unrepentant behavior. That usually causes significant weeping and gnashing of teeth. Fortunately, it is temporary and NOT eternal.

Old 01-27-2022, 10:03 PM

8,039 posts, read 1,842,411 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
He spends some time seeing why his lack of repentance is wrong by personally experiencing the negative consequences of his unrepentant behavior. That usually causes significant weeping and gnashing of teeth. Fortunately, it is temporary and NOT eternal.
It is "everlasting fire" and is "everlasting punishment"; which will be characterized by "wailing and gnashing of teeth".

(Matthew 25:41, Matthew 25:46, Matthew 13:41-42, Matthew 13:49-50).

Old 01-27-2022, 10:27 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by justbyfaith View Post
It is "everlasting fire" and is "everlasting punishment"; which will be characterized by "wailing and gnashing of teeth".

(Matthew 25:41, Matthew 25:46, Matthew 13:41-42, Matthew 13:49-50).
Your soul is seriously damaged, hardened, and darkened by the OT savagery and barbarity. You do not know Jesus Christ and God at all. I will pray for you.

Old 01-27-2022, 11:47 PM

Quote:
Your soul is seriously damaged, hardened, and darkened by the OT savagery and barbarity. You do not know Jesus Christ and God at all. I will pray for you.
You have three fingers pointing back at you (Matthew 7:1-5, Luke 6:41-42).

In rejecting the Bible you have rejected the God of the Bible and have also rejected a relationship with Him. Therefore you do not know Him the way I do.

And I do know Him; and will continue to pray for you in order that you might come to know Him...

For He is who He is (Exodus 3:14).

And consider the following.

Mar 4:36, And when they had sent away the multitude, they took him even as he was in the ship. And there were also with him other little ships.

Old 01-28-2022, 04:21 AM

614 posts, read 172,967 times
The thing that people have to understand is that scripture alone is not enough to justify any position we may take. It will ever only amount to what we think it means. That's how language, communication and consciousness work, even with God. The understanding is in your head!

If outside of scripture that argument doesn't hold water, then we should rethink. Because truth will be truth in both places. When you are in the position of having to rethink scripture, that doesn't mean you are in denial. It means exactly the opposite.

There are things like life after death that we can't do this with, because we can't do a control or otherwise compare all of the competing opinions. But you can do it with constructs like love, justice, mercy and so forth.

A lot of Christians get upset when they discover this places them on equal footing with unbelievers before God. When they meet an atheist who gets morality right, they have little to say. They can't speak with them, other than to tell them about grace.

What they don't ever seem to see is the opportunity for understanding that God has given them. They were supposed to question something about the order they came from, not necessarily the order the atheist came from. Why do they know more about love, justice and mercy than I do? Those are beautiful things. I want more beautiful things. What is wrong with my religion? Why is my religion all about sin? Honestly, it is like a butterfly collection, all of the specimens, all pinned to some board with a different type of sin.

You need to understand, God is the God of the living, not some collection of dead things!

Last edited by Am I a Prophet; 01-28-2022 at 04:32 AM.. Reason: the writing process

Old 01-28-2022, 04:58 AM

37,337 posts, read 28,293,297 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Am I a Prophet View Post
The thing that people have to understand is that scripture alone is not enough to justify any position we may take. It will ever only amount to what we think it means. That's how language, communication and consciousness work, even with God. The understanding is in your head!

If outside of scripture that argument doesn't hold water, then we should rethink. Because truth will be truth in both places. When you are in the position of having to rethink scripture, that doesn't mean you are in denial. It means exactly the opposite.

There are things like life after death that we can't do this with, because we can't do a control or otherwise compare all of the competing opinions. But you can do it with constructs like love, justice, mercy and so forth.

A lot of Christians get upset when they discover this places them on equal footing with unbelievers before God. When they meet an atheist who gets morality right, they have little to say. They can't speak with them, other than to tell them about grace.

What they don't ever seem to see is the opportunity for understanding that God has given them. They were supposed to question something about the order they came from, not necessarily the order the atheist came from. Why do they know more about love, justice and mercy than I do? Those are beautiful things. I want more beautiful things. What is wrong with my religion? Why is my religion all about sin? Honestly, it is like a butterfly collection, all of the specimens, all pinned to some board with a different type of sin.

You need to understand, God is the God of the living, not some collection of dead things!

Old 01-28-2022, 10:39 AM

Quote:
Quote:
You have three fingers pointing back at you (Matthew 7:1-5, Luke 6:41-42).

In rejecting the Bible you have rejected the God of the Bible and have also rejected a relationship with Him. Therefore you do not know Him the way I do.

And I do know Him; and will continue to pray for you in order that you might come to know Him...

For He is who He is (Exodus 3:14).

And consider the following.

Mar 4:36, And when they had sent away the multitude, they took him even as he was in the ship. And there were also with him other little ships.
Stop lying about me, brother. I do not reject the Bible, I re-interpret it using the "mind of Christ" and test the spirit of everything claimed against God's Holy Spirit of agape love and forgiveness as revealed and demonstrated by Jesus on the Cross.

That is the REAL lesson of the Cross that seems to be foolishness to the carnal vengeful minds who wanted a wrathful War God to punish the Romans!!! Put yourself in the states of mind associated with the Holy Spirit and ask the Comforter to guide you away from the human error and corruption you currently are a victim of.

Old 01-28-2022, 10:23 PM

No, Mystic, I am not lying. You reject certain portions of the Bible as not being merciful enough for the version of God that you have in your head.

Old 01-29-2022, 04:12 AM

37,337 posts, read 28,293,297 times
Quote:
No, Mystic, I am not lying. You reject certain portions of the Bible as not being merciful enough for the version of God that you have in your head.
He(The Father) who is Rich in Mercy is far more merciful than your interpretation of the scripture and that is all you have, an interpretation. Gods mercy is embodied in his love and the scripture says his love passes all understanding, yet you are here like you have grasped the understanding of it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity