Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-04-2022, 10:54 PM

8,039 posts, read 1,844,542 times

Advertisements

Heb 2:14, Forasmuch then as the children are partakers of flesh and blood, he also himself likewise took part of the same; that through death he might destroy him that had the power of death, that is, the devil;
Heb 2:15, And deliver them who through fear of death were all their lifetime subject to bondage.

it does not say "all those" in this scripture.

It is referring to them who partake of the sacrifice of Jesus on the Cross as He died in their place and therefore granted to them everlasting life.

Those who have not been granted everlasting life would continue to be subject to bondage through the fear of death; they would not be delivered from the fear of death through Jesus' death.

Old 02-04-2022, 10:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
Here is an example of what I am saying. If the so called world would go to such length to save someone, in this case a young Moroccan boy, then how much more our willing and able Heavenly Father.

https://www.foxnews.com/lifestyle/li...e-hope-for-him
But you are ignoring the scriptures in your contention that Universalism is the reality.

Quote:
Originally Posted by justbyfaith View Post
Universalism is disproved by the following.

Luk 13:23, Then said one unto him, Lord, are there few that be saved? And he said unto them,
Luk 13:24, Strive to enter in at the strait gate: for many, I say unto you, will seek to enter in, and shall not be able.
Luk 13:25, When once the master of the house is risen up, and hath shut to the door, and ye begin to stand without, and to knock at the door, saying, Lord, Lord, open unto us; and he shall answer and say unto you, I know you not whence ye are:
Luk 13:26, Then shall ye begin to say, We have eaten and drunk in thy presence, and thou hast taught in our streets.
Luk 13:27, But he shall say, I tell you, I know you not whence ye are; depart from me, all ye workers of iniquity.
Luk 13:28, There shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth, when ye shall see Abraham, and Isaac, and Jacob, and all the prophets, in the kingdom of God, and you yourselves thrust out.

Old 02-05-2022, 03:51 AM

37,337 posts, read 28,304,460 times
Quote:
But you are ignoring the scriptures in your contention that Universalism is the reality.
What you are ignoring is the one one who does the saving. You just cannot comprehend that ALL the saving has been done, because of the big angry man up in the sky is going to get you if you do not believe(that is the unbelievers concept of God). Sadly you talk like an unbeliever when it comes to God's ability to save, you have him limited by believing unbelief is greater than God's ability to bring all to the knowledge of the truth, the same ability that brought you to the truth that he saved you 2000 plus years ago and not when you believed.

He IS the Savior of the world not just a few. I guess you believe you are just one of the few just like Brightframe does, he believes he was chosen to believe, how did you become one of the few?

Old 02-05-2022, 05:30 AM

614 posts, read 173,093 times
Quote:

Luk 13:23, Then said one unto him, Lord, are there few that be saved? And he said unto them,
Luk 13:24, Strive to enter in at the strait gate: for many, I say unto you, will seek to enter in, and shall not be able.
Luk 13:25, When once the master of the house is risen up, and hath shut to the door, and ye begin to stand without, and to knock at the door, saying, Lord, Lord, open unto us; and he shall answer and say unto you, I know you not whence ye are:
Luk 13:26, Then shall ye begin to say, We have eaten and drunk in thy presence, and thou hast taught in our streets.
Luk 13:27, But he shall say, I tell you, I know you not whence ye are; depart from me, all ye workers of iniquity.
Luk 13:28, There shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth, when ye shall see Abraham, and Isaac, and Jacob, and all the prophets, in the kingdom of God, and you yourselves thrust out.
Yes, shall we examine what that means? Can you see that it applies to those who thought they had it? Can you see how those passages refer to a people who believed they were in a place, but weren't?

Isn't it Christianity that will be knocking on the door? Isn't it the Lord right now who is calling them to repent of their judgments, before it is too late? For they are the ones who have eaten and drunk in His presence.

Do you know what equity is? The concept is different from equality. It is about truer fairness than what appears on the surface. It is about righting those situations where some are always told 'no,' even though they are in the right.

It is about ensuring that everybody has their turn, not just those who managed to cut in line. Yes, God looks deeper than whether you managed to get to the place. He will know whether you got what you got by defrauding others.

Do you think the concept galls the Lord? If you do, I have to tell you, you are headed for a fall.

This will happen, and is happening now. The rod has budded. You cannot deny the presence of the Lord, as He roams about the earth, seeking justice.

The presence of the Church in the wrongs of the world rises as high as the heavens. It is foolishness to believe He doesn't notice.

Old 02-05-2022, 11:55 AM

63,818 posts, read 40,109,822 times
Quote:
What you are ignoring is the one one who does the saving. You just cannot comprehend that ALL the saving has been done, because of the big angry man up in the sky is going to get you if you do not believe(that is the unbelievers concept of God). Sadly you talk like an unbeliever when it comes to God's ability to save, you have him limited by believing unbelief is greater than God's ability to bring all to the knowledge of the truth, the same ability that brought you to the truth that he saved you 2000 plus years ago and not when you believed.

He IS the Savior of the world not just a few. I guess you believe you are just one of the few just like Brightframe does, he believes he was chosen to believe, how did you become one of the few?

Old 02-05-2022, 12:13 PM

11,897 posts, read 3,703,090 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Am I a Prophet View Post
Yes, shall we examine what that means? Can you see that it applies to those who thought they had it? Can you see how those passages refer to a people who believed they were in a place, but weren't?

Isn't it Christianity that will be knocking on the door? Isn't it the Lord right now who is calling them to repent of their judgments, before it is too late? For they are the ones who have eaten and drunk in His presence.

Do you know what equity is? The concept is different from equality. It is about truer fairness than what appears on the surface. It is about righting those situations where some are always told 'no,' even though they are in the right.

It is about ensuring that everybody has their turn, not just those who managed to cut in line. Yes, God looks deeper than whether you managed to get to the place. He will know whether you got what you got by defrauding others.

Do you think the concept galls the Lord? If you do, I have to tell you, you are headed for a fall.

This will happen, and is happening now. The rod has budded. You cannot deny the presence of the Lord, as He roams about the earth, seeking justice.

The presence of the Church in the wrongs of the world rises as high as the heavens. It is foolishness to believe He doesn't notice.
Yep, some of Christianity for sure

But all have sinned, erred, transgressed and it depends on repentance whether Jew/gentile, slave(bonded) free, male/female- they have different designations and responsibilities, each have a different ‘calling’

It all has to with the concept of the turning tables, the reaping what has been sown - and also what has been done with what each has inherited/received

The 1500’s was the major principal turning point - the ‘reformation’ the ‘restitution’

1000 years was allotted from the beginning, then the judgement

Last edited by Meerkat2; 02-05-2022 at 12:25 PM..

Old 02-05-2022, 03:49 PM

Quote:

I have access by faith into this grace wherein I stand.

The reality is that not all will be saved.
Quote:

Old 02-05-2022, 03:54 PM

Quote:
I have access by faith into this grace wherein I stand.

Your reality is you still have an image of God carried over from your unbelieving days and came to faith believing if you didn't't you would go to everlasting punishment, if that is the case, then you believe for ALL the wrong reasons.

Old 02-05-2022, 03:58 PM

Quote:
Your reality is you still have an image of God carried over from your unbelieving days and came to faith believing if you didn't't you would go to everlasting punishment, if that is the case, then you believe for ALL the wrong reasons.
Quote:

Old 02-05-2022, 04:31 PM

Quote:
Lmao, by the scriptures tell me how you came to faith and explain how these passage of scripture you are quoting has got anything to do with how you came to that faith. You are assuming everything Jesus spoke to be an evangelical message, much of what he said was nothing of the sort , but a direct message to those he came to.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity