Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-11-2022, 09:44 PM

8,039 posts, read 1,847,256 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by legoman View Post
The word is added as clarification of the meaning of 'to swear', meaning to swear an oath, as in an oath to follow or for allegiance.

Here is another translation
CLV(i) Isa 45:23 By Myself I swear. From My mouth fares forth righteousness, and My word shall not be recalled. For to Me shall bow every knee, and every tongue shall acclaim to Elohim."

Every tongue shall acclaim. By the way, none of this contradicts the KJV version.

Do you think God is literally forcing people's mouths to move so they swear to him? You think God needs to operate in such a manner, and this would somehow be glorious? Or is this like some sort of torture scene where people are forced to acclaim His name, before the real torture session starts?

No. Nothing can be more glorious than actual legitimate & honest acclamation to the name of God.
Every man is going to stand before the judgment seat of Christ and will give account of himself to God. Every tongue shall do this.

But every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord. Not every tongue will.

Old 05-12-2022, 12:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mordant View Post
Yeah I have never heard the term "sin nature" use in that fashion nor have I ever heard anyone say that people would "keep sinning forever" if not sent to hell. The reason normally stated for people not being admitted to heaven is not some future sin but their past sin. And we never claimed that Christians would no longer sin except in the afterlife, where presumably this propensity to sin is finally excised.
What I have said is that people will keep sinning for ever after they have been sent to hell (see, for example, Revelation 16:9-11); because their sin nature has not been dealt with.

Those who are not sent to hell will have ceased from sinning; that is why they are fit for heaven!

Old 05-12-2022, 03:39 AM

685 posts, read 207,851 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justbyfaith View Post
What I have said is that people will keep sinning for ever after they have been sent to hell (see, for example, Revelation 16:9-11); because their sin nature has not been dealt with.

Those who are not sent to hell will have ceased from sinning; that is why they are fit for heaven!
How can people keep on sinning forever when the bible says it is IMPOSSIBLE to sin outside the flesh?

Old 05-12-2022, 05:58 AM

7,530 posts, read 3,032,424 times
Outstanding news

The God of glory ultimately prevails! !

Every knee bows, every tongue confesses "You are Lord."

Please note

"Shall confess" = homologeo

1 John 4:15 =

"Whosoever shall confess (homologeo) that Jesus is the Son of God, God dwelleth in him, and he in God."

Romans 14:11 =

"For it is written, As I live, saith the Lord, every knee shall bow (kampto) to me, and every tongue shall confess (homologeo) to God.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BNIv1MIXlj8&t=2s

Last edited by Rose2Luv; 05-12-2022 at 06:19 AM..

Old 05-12-2022, 09:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HAL-5 View Post
How can people keep on sinning forever when the bible says it is IMPOSSIBLE to sin outside the flesh?
No; that is gnosticism.

The Bible teaches that there is such a thing as filthiness of spirit (2 Corinthians 7:1).

Old 05-12-2022, 09:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rose2Luv View Post
Outstanding news

The God of glory ultimately prevails! !

Every knee bows, every tongue confesses "You are Lord."

Please note

"Shall confess" = homologeo

1 John 4:15 =

"Whosoever shall confess (homologeo) that Jesus is the Son of God, God dwelleth in him, and he in God."

Romans 14:11 =

"For it is written, As I live, saith the Lord, every knee shall bow (kampto) to me, and every tongue shall confess (homologeo) to God.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BNIv1MIXlj8&t=2s
Lies, lies, and more lies.

Here is the truth of the matter.

Every tongue shall confess to God (give account of individual sins).

Every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is the Lord to the glory of God the Father.

Not, everyone will confess that Jesus is the Lord.

context.

Rom 14:11, For it is written, As I live, saith the Lord, every knee shall bow to me, and every tongue shall confess to God.
Rom 14:12, So then every one of us shall give account of himself to God.

Old 05-12-2022, 09:28 AM

685 posts, read 207,851 times
Quote:

Every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is the Lord to the glory of God the Father.

context.

Rom 14:11, For it is written, As I live, saith the Lord, every knee shall bow to me, and every tongue shall confess to God.
I feel sorry for you jbf. What you write so often is convoluted, (what on Earth did you just write?) ..truth of the matter is...should confess not shall??

Not being mean, but after I read your 'NDE' as well, that is scary stuff. God has overcome the world, your message is opposite due to possible spark plug wires on the wrong plugs ??

It is totally pointless for me to argue when one side is in a scary , alternate universe.

Old 05-12-2022, 09:29 AM

6,657 posts, read 8,134,096 times
Quote:

context.

Romans 10:9 that if you confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus and believe in your heart that God has raised Him from the dead, you will be saved.

Old 05-12-2022, 09:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HAL-5 View Post
I feel sorry for you jbf. What you write so often is convoluted, (what on Earth did you just write?) ..truth of the matter is...should confess not shall??

Not being mean, but after I read your 'NDE' as well, that is scary stuff. God has overcome the world, your message is opposite due to possible spark plug wires on the wrong plugs ??

It is totally pointless for me to argue when one side is in a scary , alternate universe.
jbf is fighting so very hard to hang onto their belief that God will torment almost everyone forever. It is strange place to be at.

Old 05-12-2022, 09:41 AM

Once you get to the point where belief in eternal torment is no longer tenable, usually one of the following things happens.

1. you become an atheist
2. you begin to consider what you were taught was wrong and consider alternatives like annihilationism or universal salvation

If your mind is open and you can study with humility, you will see two major issues with most of our modern English bible translations. Typically this can only happen if God has given you eyes to see.

These mistranslation issues can be seen quite easily with a bit of study:
1. the 'hell' mistranslations - hell, hades, sheol, gehenna, unquenchable fire, undying worms, lake of fire -> these are misconstrued as some sort of eternal firepit where people are literally burning forever.
2. the 'forever/eternal' mistranslations - typically theses verses are referring to a certain time period and not literally forever. Don't confuse this with immortality

Once you realize these mistranslations exist, then it is easy to see the plethora of verses that talk about God saving all and restoring all things. We can go into study on this in detail if people desire, but I recommend looking first at a couple of sites that helped me:

tentmaker.org
bible-truths.com

These sites don't agree with each other on everything, but they do provide good studies on the problems with 'eternal hell' teaching. Its good to look at different viewpoints.

But you have to be open to seeing this. If you are someone who says people must suffer burning forever; and this is justice; and you don't see a problem with that; then you are probably not ready for this yet.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity