Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-08-2022, 10:18 AM

8,039 posts, read 1,844,542 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
You know exactly what it means to shout from the rooftops, you know perfectly well I wasn't being literal <fify>. You have zero concern for those you believe are going <fify> to be tortured eternally in fire at a lake called the lake of fire.
If you don't count it as being literal, how is it that you do not consider what I do here at these forums to be "shouting it from the rooftops"?

I have great concern for those whom I believe are going to hell. I do what I can to snatch people out of the fire.

There was a movie a while back that had Kevin Costner and Ashton Kutcher in it. It was about the experience of being a lifeguard.

The whole point of the movie was that you can't save everyone or else you just might lose your own life.

That spoke to me about the zeal that I had at that time for bringing lost souls to Jesus Christ.

I toned it down from that point.

You know, there are people who really do want people like me to tone it down and they say that they would be more inclined towards receiving the gospel if I did.

So, am I not saving more souls by toning it down than I would be saving if I stepped up the game?

Old 05-08-2022, 10:34 AM

37,337 posts, read 28,304,460 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justbyfaith View Post
If you don't count it as being literal, how is it that you do not consider what I do here at these forums to be "shouting it from the rooftops"?

I have great concern for those whom I believe are going to hell. I do what I can to snatch people out of the fire.

There was a movie a while back that had Kevin Costner and Ashton Kutcher in it. It was about the experience of being a lifeguard.

The whole point of the movie was that you can't save everyone or else you just might lose your own life.

That spoke to me about the zeal that I had at that time for bringing lost souls to Jesus Christ.

You know, there are people who really do want people like me to tone it down and they say that they would be more inclined towards receiving the gospel if I did.

So, am I not saving more souls by toning it down than I would be saving if I stepped up the game?
Tell me why have you chosen to preach your ministry of condemnation on the internet rather than in your own community ? Are they not immediately more important to you than anyone on here?

We are not talking about that movie, we are talking about BILLIIONS!!!!!!!! going too be tortured in a lake of fire throughout eternity, and you have no concern for any of them. If you did you would not remain silent until you were satisfied you have reached everyone to tell them their fete if they don't believe.
You threatened to leave this forum a short while ago because of the resistance you met and your beliefs being exposed to be full of holes. That lasted less than a week, maybe you went out to reach your community for that week ? or did you take the week off ?

Old 05-08-2022, 10:42 AM

37,337 posts, read 28,304,460 times
Quote:

Quote:
I think that while people may be initially driven away by the preaching of the gospel (as the gospel is offensive, Galatians 5:11), that the word of the Lord doesn't return void (Isaiah 55:10-11) and therefore my labour will not be in vain but His word will accomplish the purpose for which He sent it...to save the souls of those in whom it will be implanted.
Like MQ just told you, it is all in the delivery and the message being one of good news, not believe or else. There is no or else, He IS the savior of All.

Old 05-08-2022, 12:33 PM

20,007 posts, read 13,486,477 times
Quote:
... it is all in the delivery and the message being one of good news, not believe or else. There is no or else, He IS the savior of All.
We generally have a problem with men who tell women, "love me or else". IDK why we would excuse a god with this attitude when we don't even excuse men.

Old 05-08-2022, 01:10 PM

Quote:
Like MQ just told you, it is all in the delivery and the message being one of good news, not believe or else. There is no or else, He IS the savior of All.
Quote:
Basically my understanding is that the word of the Lord will not return void (Isaiah 55:10-11) but that it is offensive in its initial delivery every single time that it is faithfully preached by someone (Galatians 5:11). This (Galatians 5:11) is not a "pithy verse" but it basically tells us that the gospel is offensive by nature and that this is the reason why people are offended by it. Not because the delivery is bad. It is the actual message that people take offence at. If I doctored up the true message of the gospel in words that I think might be received more readily, the fact that it is the same message means that people will be offended by what I am saying. Because it is the message that is offensive to the carnal mind.

I know that certain people here bring the message of the UR and their message is more readily received by people (I believe because of what is written in 2 Timothy 4:3). But not because they have the same message doctored up in words that are more readily acceptable; no, rather it is because they have a different message altogether.

Old 05-08-2022, 01:21 PM

Quote:
Tell me why have you chosen to preach your ministry of condemnation on the internet rather than in your own community ? Are they not immediately more important to you than anyone on here?

We are not talking about that movie, we are talking about BILLIIONS!!!!!!!! going too be tortured in a lake of fire throughout eternity, and you have no concern for any of them. If you did you would not remain silent until you were satisfied you have reached everyone to tell them their fete if they don't believe.
You threatened to leave this forum a short while ago because of the resistance you met and your beliefs being exposed to be full of holes. That lasted less than a week, maybe you went out to reach your community for that week ? or did you take the week off ?
I believe that I can reach more people with an internet ministry than I can preaching to people one-on-one in my community.

I hope that answers your question.

But I think that if you are so concerned for people in your immediate vicinity, that you should go and preach to them the doctrines of hell-fire and brimstone face-to-face.

You think I don't know that if I did that, I wouldn't get punched in the nose a bunch of times?

But you seem close to realizing that hell-fire and brimstone preaching is for real; so, I would say to you, that, as soon as you are fully convinced, by all means go into your community and preach the message to people who can reward you with evil for the love that you would show to them in telling them the truth.

I had my time doing it that way. Angels protected me from being punched in the nose; but God didn't protect me from being thrown into a mental institution over the fact that I was vocal about my faith.

When they medicate you over something like that, they turn you into a zombie with the meds so that even if you could preach, you would come across as a buffoon.

It is only because I have grown used to the effects of the meds I am on now that I am even able to preach to you over the internet.

In other words, satan has his methods of deterring God's servants from preaching the gospel; and he is a formidable foe. The only way that we can even defeat him is to put on the whole armour of God every day (Ephesians 6:10-18).

Old 05-08-2022, 01:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mordant View Post
We generally have a problem with men who tell women, "love me or else". IDK why we would excuse a god with this attitude when we don't even excuse men.
There is more to it than that.

God is a just judge and He will judge sinners for their sins.

When people are judged, they will be judged according to their works; and if they have not been forgiven, they will be cast into the lake of fire.

God offers forgiveness freely to everyone.

Those who have not been forgiven will be justly judged according to their sins; and according to the fact that their sin nature has never been dealt with so that they will be sinning throughout eternity (for those who ultimately reject being born again).

Old 05-08-2022, 01:29 PM

Quote:
That lasted less than a week, maybe you went out to reach your community for that week ? or did you take the week off ?
Actually, I took my preaching to facebook and preached to congregations in Kenya and Pakistan via video chat (because the Lord opened up that opportunity as the result of some of my writings on my facebook page).

Old 05-08-2022, 03:09 PM

20,007 posts, read 13,486,477 times
Quote:
God is a just judge and He will judge sinners for their sins.
What you are saying is that a thing is just not because it is a fair punishment but because of who is doing the punishing.

You would, doubtless disparage human judgments but I take a different approach: divine justice should be superior to human justice. And that's not even asking for that much.

But this business of "obey / love me or I will barbecue you forever" is only arguably as bad as the worst and most dysfunctional human judgment.

God: Obey or burn in hell forever.
Putin: Surrender or be exterminated as a people.

Looks about the same.

Old 05-08-2022, 03:49 PM

6,657 posts, read 8,132,202 times
Quote:

jbf listen to what you just wrote here.

You are saying "am I not saving more souls..." - jbf I hate to break it to you, but you are not saving any souls. You haven't saved a single soul in your entire life. That is God's job. That is why He gave us His Son - to be the Saviour of the World. It is literally all in His hands. It is why it is good news - because He came to save the world and will in fact save the world. Unless you think God fails.

It is God who hardens hearts and it is God who will eventually soften all hearts, for every knee will bow and every tongue confess.

I understand you want to save people from the hell you believe in. But if what you believe is true, it is still up to God. And if what you believe is true, there is really no heaven at all.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity