Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-07-2022, 02:40 PM

6,657 posts, read 8,134,096 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmiej View Post
Jesus saves, but Christians share the message. See Acts chapter 8, where Philip talks with the Ethiopian.
The message is good news - what we are discussing in this very thread. In Luke 2 the angel proclaims it is good news that will bring great joy to all the people, because a saviour is born. The Ethiopian also believed this. So yes, it is good to share the good news. But if you are saying "what do you do for the lost", presuming that they would be lost forever if you didn't do something misconstrues the purpose of God and His son. It also belies your true intent. I'm not saying this is you jimmiej as I don't know you personally, and perhaps you feel great sorrow/pain over those you believe are tormented forever. I'm not sure how one could live with that burden eternally.

What HAL-5 was pointing out is that if it were actually true that 99% would be burned/tormented/tortured in fire forever, you should actually be running around proclaiming this fate, doing whatever you can to wake people. It should be your SOLE purpose. If you simply accept it and shrug then it is evidence of a very hardened heart.

It's the old question of how can heaven be "heaven" when you know others are suffering forever, perhaps even your own close family or friends. And the only answer that is given is either a hardened heart or a lobotomy to forget those that suffer. It is a most a troubling belief.

Old 05-07-2022, 02:50 PM

20,443 posts, read 12,801,153 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by legoman View Post
The message is good news - what we are discussing in this very thread. In Luke 2 the angel proclaims it is good news that will bring great joy to all the people, because a saviour is born. The Ethiopian also believed this. So yes, it is good to share the good news. But if you are saying "what do you do for the lost", presuming that they would be lost forever if you didn't do something misconstrues the purpose of God and His son. It also belies your true intent. I'm not saying this is you jimmiej as I don't know you personally, and perhaps you feel great sorrow/pain over those you believe are tormented forever. I'm not sure how one could live with that burden eternally.

What HAL-5 was pointing out is that if it were actually true that 99% would be burned/tormented/tortured in fire forever, you should actually be running around proclaiming this fate, doing whatever you can to wake people. It should be your SOLE purpose. If you simply accept it and shrug then it is evidence of a very hardened heart.

It's the old question of how can heaven be "heaven" when you know others are suffering forever, perhaps even your own close family or friends. And the only answer that is given is either a hardened heart or a lobotomy to forget those that suffer. It is a most a troubling belief.
A burden for the lost means sharing the good news that Jesus saves. Believing all will be saved is just that, a belief. That’s not a burden for the lost.

Old 05-07-2022, 11:07 PM

8,039 posts, read 1,846,500 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HAL-5 View Post
I said this a million times....most fundies including jbf have no burden for the lost, none. As long as their hides are saved, all is good. So what if 10 billion souls scream out in bloody agony for trillions and trillions of years (yea, no time in heaven or hell). God has ear plugs for that, you don't want to have to listen to your mother or father do you? But cheer up citizens of heaven, if you don't like the wailing coming from the pit, rumor has it God is going to build a noise wall and ceiling around hell, the same type you see on our freeways down here on Earth.

Pcamps , it will take a talking donkey or a lightning bolt to correct jbf but we tried. Keep trying for the sake of those on the fence about universalism.
You don't know me.

I do have a burden for the lost and that is the reason why I come here and post; in the hopes that at least some will take heed to my warnings and escape the fires of hell.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
What are you doing considering you believe that billions are going to the lake of fire to be unmercifully tortured for eternity ? Hal -5 is correct in what he said about bible fundamentalists having no burden for those heading there. If you really believe that is the unbelievers fete, and had anything about you, you would commit your whole life to snatching them away from that journey into the lake of fire. Like most fundamentalists , you have not considered the awfulness and the terrifying fete you believe is before them and sit by idly doing nothing.
I have indeed committed my whole life to snatching unbelievers from the fire (as we are commanded to do in Jude 1:23).

Which indicates also that there is a fire to snatch them out of.

Old 05-07-2022, 11:14 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,312,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justbyfaith View Post
You don't know me.

I do have a burden for the lost and that is the reason why I come here and post; in the hopes that at least some will take heed to my warnings and escape the fires of hell.

I have indeed committed my whole life to snatching unbelievers from the fire (as we are commanded to do in Jude 1:23).

Which indicates also that there is a fire to snatch them out of.
BS, get off the internet being a keyboard warrior and tell your world it is going to burn unmercifully for eternity in fire and torment.

Old 05-07-2022, 11:40 PM

Quote:
BS, get off the internet being a keyboard warrior and tell your world it is going to burn unmercifully for eternity in fire and torment.
That is what I am doing here as an "internet keyboard warrior".

Is it not?

Old 05-08-2022, 12:43 AM

553 posts, read 173,045 times
Quote:

Is it not?
You'd do better standing on a busy corner with REPENT signs and bullhorn. I don't see any hard-case sinners posting to this forum, and certainly there are no reprobates bothering to read it.

Old 05-08-2022, 01:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wellsmaine View Post
You'd do better standing on a busy corner with REPENT signs and bullhorn. I don't see any hard-case sinners posting to this forum, and certainly there are no reprobates bothering to read it.
There are plenty of reprobates on this forum...

Even all those who are committed to the doctrines of the UR.

People who stand on street corners with REPENT signs and a bullhorn get locked up in mental institutions.

I find that posting here, it is much safer; and I also have more of a chance of making a prolonged impact on certain people's lives.

Old 05-08-2022, 05:51 AM

Quote:

Is it not?
Go out 24/7 in to your own community 24/7 and tell them their fete for not believing. You are just like Jimmiej, you have zero concern for them heading to the horror of the lake of fire, if you had you would be shouting it from the rooftops.

Old 05-08-2022, 09:34 AM

Quote:
Go out 24/7 in to your own community 24/7 and tell them their fete for not believing. You are just like Jimmiej, you have zero concern for them heading to the horror of the lake of fire, if you had you would be shouting it from the rooftops.
Shouting it from the rooftops would only get me locked up and then I wouldn't have any voice.

Instead, I shout it from the rooftops of this message board and from my facebook page.

At least that way, people who want to hear what I have to say can get an extensive word from me;

Whereas if I shouted the gospel on a street corner they would just go by in their cars and say, "There is another kook touting the end of the world." and there would be no effect whatsoever on their lives.

Old 05-08-2022, 09:57 AM

Quote:
Shouting it from the rooftops would only get me locked up and then I wouldn't have any voice.

Instead, I shout it from the rooftops of this message board and from my facebook page.

At least that way, people who want to hear what I have to say can get an extensive word from me;

Whereas if I shouted the gospel on a street corner they would just go by in their cars and say, "There is another kook touting the end of the world." and there would be no effect whatsoever on their lives.
You know exactly what it means to shout from the rooftops, you know perfectly well I wasn't being literaL. You have zero concern for those you believe are goin to be tortured eternally in fire at a lake called the lake of fire.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity