Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-31-2022, 09:31 AM

1,091 posts, read 278,861 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by justbyfaith View Post
It was somewhere near the beginning of the second half of the message (about 50 minutes into the video).
Couldn't find it.

If you're looking for a better understanding of universal reconciliation and how it compares to Augustinianism (modern day Calvinism), Arminianism, etc., you might want to read Karl Barth's works (his Church Dogmatics and his commentary on Romans, for example).

Old 05-31-2022, 09:33 AM

28,098 posts, read 29,976,114 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justbyfaith View Post
It is the mormons who contend that "the scriptures are inspired only insofar as they are correctly translated".
They basically say the same thing about the Book of Mormon.

Quote:
That the kjv is wholly inspired and inerrant and that your salvation may in fact depend on believing this.
Prove it.

Old 05-31-2022, 09:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmiej View Post
That’s not the same as being “in Christ”.
Everyone is in Christ now by means of creation. And that is what scripture testifies to.

However, as yet, Christ is not all in all. And, there is a difference between the two stated things.

God, and by implication Christ, will be all in all, as scripture clearly tells us, here:

1Co 15:28 And when all things have been subjected unto him, then shall the Son also himself be subjected to him that did subject all things unto him, that God may be all in all.

It just hasn't happened yet. However, it will happen and it will for all.

Old 05-31-2022, 10:00 AM

63,818 posts, read 40,109,822 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjGuru View Post
Everyone is in Christ now by means of creation. And that is what scripture testifies to.

However, as yet, Christ is not all in all. And, there is a difference between the two stated things.

God, and by implication Christ, will be all in all, as scripture clearly tells us, here:

1Co 15:28 And when all things have been subjected unto him, then shall the Son also himself be subjected to him that did subject all things unto him, that God may be all in all.

Old 05-31-2022, 10:44 AM

20,442 posts, read 12,796,101 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjGuru View Post

When I use the phrase “in Christ”, I believe it refers to the state of believers. If you have asked God to forgive your sins and have declared your decision to follow Jesus with your life, you are saved from the penalty of our sinful state.

Old 05-31-2022, 10:50 AM

37,337 posts, read 28,304,460 times
Quote:
When I use the phrase “in Christ”, I believe it refers to the state of believers. If you have asked God to forgive your sins and have declared your decision to follow Jesus with your life, you are saved from the penalty of our sinful state.
Then you shouldn't have an issue supporting this by the scriptures. I do not recall seeing a sentence of scripture that makes that whole statement.

Old 05-31-2022, 11:05 AM

8,039 posts, read 1,844,542 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katzpur View Post
Prove it.
The only proof that I can give you is the fact that I have been baptized in Jesus' Name and therefore I have been given the Holy Ghost (Acts 2:38-39).

And therefore, when I say that adhering to a kjv-superior understanding is essential to salvation, I am speaking by the Holy Ghost and therefore you ought to hearken to what I am saying.

For Jesus said that the way to life is indeed narrow.

You can take it or leave it when I say that that is in reference, in aspect, to the kjv-only / kjv-superior theology.

No one ever said that there would be many who would enter in through the narrow gate.

I expect only a few to actually take my word for it; if any.

Jeremiah the prophet had no converts but he was faithful to the ministry that God called him to.

I would rather be like him than to gain the whole world and yet forfeit my soul.

1Jo 4:4, Ye are of God, little children, and have overcome them: because greater is he that is in you, than he that is in the world.
1Jo 4:5, They are of the world: therefore speak they of the world, and the world heareth them.
1Jo 4:6, We are of God: he that knoweth God heareth us; he that is not of God heareth not us. Hereby know we the spirit of truth, and the spirit of error.

Old 05-31-2022, 11:06 AM

Quote:
Yes, I understand what you believe, but you limit what scripture says by doing so.

What you are actually referring to as a believer in Christ is "Christ in you" or "Christ in us". And there is a difference between you being in Christ and Christ being in you, as Paul tells us, here:

Rom 8:9 But ye are not in the flesh but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwelleth in you. But if any man hath not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his.
Rom 8:10 And if Christ is in you, the body is dead because of sin, but the spirit is life because of righteousness.
Rom 8:11 But if the Spirit of him that raised up Jesus from the dead dwelleth in you, he that raised up Christ Jesus from the dead shall give life also to your mortal bodies through his Spirit that dwelleth in you.

Not all in Christ, of which all creation is, are born of God and have the Spirit of Christ dwelling within them. Only those of whom Christ, and by implication the Holy Spirit are in, can make the claim of being "not in the flesh" but rather "in the Spirit". And that is the mystery that Paul speaks of, here:

Col 1:27 to whom God was pleased to make known what is the riches of the glory of this mystery among the Gentiles, who is Christ in you, the hope of glory:

Old 05-31-2022, 11:17 AM

7,530 posts, read 3,030,030 times
Quote:

You believe do you? If you have a vague idea of what it means to be in/en Christ, you will behold what it means to bow and confess in/en the Name of all names. I assure you it is NOT by perfunctory genuflections!

Welcome to A.T. Robertson

(50 years of koine taught at graduate level)

"That in the name of Jesus every knee should bow (ινα εν τω ονοματ Ιησου παν γονυ καμψη). First aorist active subjunctive of καμπτω, old verb, to bend, to bow, in purpose clause with ινα. Not perfunctory genuflections whenever the name of Jesus is mentioned, but universal acknowledgment of the majesty and power of Jesus who carries his human name and nature to heaven. This universal homage to Jesus is seen in Romans 8:22; Ephesians 1:20-22 and in particular Revelation 5:13.

Under the earth (καταχθονιων). Homeric adjective for departed souls, subterranean, simply the dead.

Old 05-31-2022, 11:21 AM

8,039 posts, read 1,844,542 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rose2Luv View Post
You believe do you? If you have a vague idea of what it means to be in/en Christ, you will behold what it means to bow and confess in/en the Name of all names. I assure you it is NOT by perfunctory genuflections!

Welcome to A.T. Robertson

(50 years of koine taught at graduate level)

"That in the name of Jesus every knee should bow (ινα εν τω ονοματ Ιησου παν γονυ καμψη). First aorist active subjunctive of καμπτω, old verb, to bend, to bow, in purpose clause with ινα. Not perfunctory genuflections whenever the name of Jesus is mentioned, but universal acknowledgment of the majesty and power of Jesus who carries his human name and nature to heaven. This universal homage to Jesus is seen in Romans 8:22; Ephesians 1:20-22 and in particular Revelation 5:13.

Under the earth (καταχθονιων). Homeric adjective for departed souls, subterranean, simply the dead.
Actually, it is at the name of Jesus that every knee should bow.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity