Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-02-2022, 10:04 AM

6,657 posts, read 8,125,535 times

Advertisements

In case anyone is interested, I made a twitter:

https://twitter.com/ChristianUR777

Old 06-02-2022, 11:58 AM

1,091 posts, read 277,660 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by legoman View Post
In case anyone is interested, I made a twitter:

https://twitter.com/ChristianUR777
Looks great! I like the white dove as your avatar, it compliments your account name.

Thanks for the link.

Old 06-02-2022, 12:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjGuru View Post
Looks great! I like the white dove as your avatar, it compliments your account name.

Thanks for the link.
Twitter conversations are way more of a mess than any city-data discussions I've had lol.

Thanks regarding the dove - I may update the picture later but I grabbed something quick that I thought had a good representation.

Old 06-02-2022, 02:03 PM

4,624 posts, read 1,168,990 times
Universalism is false teaching because it denies the very apparent distinctions between the righteous and the wicked, those whom God knows and loves verses them He doesnt know and hates. The Lord knoweth them that are His from them He doesnt know or claim 2 Tim 2:19

Nevertheless the foundation of God standeth sure, having this seal, the Lord knoweth them that are his.” II Tim.2:19

19 Nevertheless the foundation of God standeth sure, having this seal, The Lord knoweth them that are his. And, let every one that nameth the name of Christ depart from iniquity.

But others are confirmed as workers of iniquity Matt 7:23

And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

Those for whom Christ knew and died, He redeemed them from all iniquity, so they shall depart from it Titus 2:14

14 Who gave himself for us, that he might redeem us from all iniquity, and purify unto himself a peculiar people, zealous of good works.

Old 06-02-2022, 02:11 PM

Universalism is false teaching because it denies the very apparent distinctions between the children of the devil and the children of God and Abraham, Notice Jn 8:39-44

39 They answered and said unto him, Abraham is our father. Jesus saith unto them, If ye were Abraham's children, ye would do the works of Abraham.

40 But now ye seek to kill me, a man that hath told you the truth, which I have heard of God: this did not Abraham.

41 Ye do the deeds of your father. Then said they to him, We be not born of fornication; we have one Father, even God.

42 Jesus said unto them, If God were your Father, ye would love me: for I proceeded forth and came from God; neither came I of myself, but he sent me.

43 Why do ye not understand my speech? even because ye cannot hear my word.

44 Ye are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it.

Unfortunately some men of mankind have the devil as their father, opposed to some who have God as their Father.

Old 06-02-2022, 02:28 PM

Universalism is false teaching because itignores the fact that God gives men over to a reprobate mind showing that He has rejected them Rom 1:28

28 And even as they did not like to retain God in their knowledge, God gave them over to a reprobate mind, to do those things which are not convenient;

2 Cor 13:5-6

Examine yourselves, whether ye be in the faith; prove your own selves. Know ye not your own selves, how that Jesus Christ is in you, except ye be reprobates? 6 But I trust that ye shall know that we are not reprobates

Titus 1:16
16 They profess that they know God; but in works they deny him, being abominable, and disobedient, and unto every good work reprobate.

The reprobate dont know it, they profess that they know God !

Old 06-02-2022, 02:37 PM

Let me rebut Brightflame52 with one simple sentence.

'Eternal torture in hell' is a false teaching because it is the most ridiculous heinous evil mankind can think of, and God is GOOD.

Old 06-02-2022, 02:42 PM

63,779 posts, read 40,047,381 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brightfame52 View Post
Universalism is false teaching because it denies the very apparent distinctions between the righteous and the wicked, those whom God knows and loves verses them He doesnt know and hates. The Lord knoweth them that are His from them He doesnt know or claim 2 Tim 2:19

Nevertheless the foundation of God standeth sure, having this seal, the Lord knoweth them that are his.” II Tim.2:19

19 Nevertheless the foundation of God standeth sure, having this seal, The Lord knoweth them that are his. And, let every one that nameth the name of Christ depart from iniquity.

But others are confirmed as workers of iniquity Matt 7:23

And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

Those for whom Christ knew and died, He redeemed them from all iniquity, so they shall depart from it Titus 2:14

14 Who gave himself for us, that he might redeem us from all iniquity, and purify unto himself a peculiar people, zealous of good works.
This interpretation is based on utter ignorance of the roots of human motivation and primitive nonsense about a devil or Satan. Your evil Serpent seed doctrine has been the source of bigotry and division among us for far too long.The only devil or satan is the Serpent within each of us. It is actually our reptilian brain (limbic system). It is the source of ALL our motivations but it is indiscriminate and has no ability to discern good or evil.

Only our consciousness (Spirit) is capable of distinguishing between good and evil which is why we have to discriminate for the internal Serpent (our animal nature). Too many of us just respond to the motivations it generates and ignore or refuse to judge their goodness or badness. That makes the Serpent their Father and they are acting like children of the devil. When we judge the goodness and choose the good, God is our Father and we are acting like children of God.

Old 06-02-2022, 02:51 PM

Quote:

'Eternal torture in hell' is a false teaching because it is the most ridiculous heinous evil mankind can think of, and God is GOOD.
Matt 10:28

28 And fear not them which kill the body, but are not able to kill the soul: but rather fear him which is able to destroy both soul and body in hell.

Old 06-02-2022, 02:56 PM

7,530 posts, read 3,020,870 times
Quote:

Darksoul52 knows neither the word of the Lord, and worse, the ways of the Lord whose mercy endures forever.

"Let his love continually pour from you to one another, because God is love. Everyone who loves is fathered by God and experiences an intimate knowledge of him. The one who doesn’t love has yet to know God, for God is love. The light of God’s love shined within us when he sent his matchless Son into the world so that we might live through him. This is love: He loved us long before we loved him. It was his love, not ours. He proved it by sending his Son to be the pleasing sacrificial offering to take away our sins. Delightfully loved ones, if he loved us with such tremendous love, then loving one another should be our way of life! No one has ever gazed upon the fullness of God’s splendor. But if we love one another, God makes his permanent home in us, and we make our permanent home in him, and his love is brought to its full expression in us." ~TPT
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity