Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-04-2022, 01:27 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,312,904 times

Advertisements

The heavens are yours, and yours also the earth;
you founded the world and all that is in it.
You created the north and the south
Psalm 89

I have never ever read a single verse that says God created hell.

Old 06-04-2022, 01:36 PM

6,657 posts, read 8,134,096 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
The heavens are yours, and yours also the earth;
you founded the world and all that is in it.
You created the north and the south
Psalm 89

I have never ever read a single verse that says God created hell.
And on the 8th day, God created hell...

Old 06-04-2022, 04:34 PM

1,091 posts, read 279,369 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by legoman View Post
And on the 8th day, God created hell...
lol....on the eighth day God created the ET'ers...

I'm going to remember that one.

Old 06-04-2022, 07:12 PM

6,657 posts, read 8,134,096 times
I just needed to store these scriptures somewhere...

Genesis 12:3 --- All peoples on earth will be blessed through Abraham.
Genesis 22:18 --- All nations on earth will be blessed through Abraham’s offspring.
Psalms 22:27 --- All the ends of the earth and all the families of the nations will acknowledge God.
Psalms 65:2 --- All men will come to God.
Psalms 86:9 --- All nations will worship and glorify God.
Psalms 103:8-9 --- God is compassionate, will not always accuse and will not be angry forever.
Psalms 145:9-10 --- The Lord has compassion on all His creation and all He has made will praise Him.
Psalms 145:13 --- The Lord loves all His creation.
Psalms 145:14 --- The Lord upholds all who fall.
Isaiah 25:6-8 --- God will prepare a feast for all people, He will destroy the shroud that enfolds all peoples, the sheet that covers up all nations. He will eliminate death, wipe away the tears from all faces and remove the disgrace of his people from all the earth.
Isaiah 45:22-23 --- God has sworn an oath that every knee will bow before Him and every tongue will swear by Him.
Isaiah 49:6 --- God’s salvation will be brought to the ends of the earth.
Isaiah 54:8 --- Although God will hide His face in a surge of anger, He will also have compassion with everlasting kindness.
Isaiah 57:16-18 --- God’s anger is not permanent. Although He punishes man, He will heal, guide and restore comfort to him.
Jeremiah 31:33-34 --- All men will know God, from the greatest to the least.
Lamentations 3:31-33 --- The Lord does not cast off forever. Although He brings grief, he will also be compassionate.
Ezekiah 18:21 --- God does not any pleasure in the death of the wicked. Rather, He is pleased when they repent.
Micah 7:18 --- God does not stay angry forever.
Matthew 18:13 --- Like the man who owes a hundred sheep and is not willing to lose even one, God is not willing that any one be lost.
Luke 2:10 --- The birth of Jesus is good news for all the people.
Luke 3: 5, 6 --- John the Baptist quotes Isaiah’s words that all mankind will see God’s salvation.
John 1:29 --- Jesus is the Lamb of God who takes away the sin of the world.
John 3:35 --- God sent Jesus to save the world.
John 4:42 --- God has committed all things to Christ.
John 5:25 --- Even the dead will hear the sound of Christ and all who hear will live.
John 6:37 --- Everything that God has given to Christ will come to him.
John 12:32 --- When Jesus is lifted up from the earth, he will draw all men to himself.
John 12:47 --- Jesus came to save the world.
John 17:2 --- God granted Christ authority over all people so that Christ may give eternal life to all that God has given him.
Acts 3:20-21 --- Jesus must remain in heaven until the time comes for God to restore everything.
Romans 3:3-4 --- The unbelief of some will not nullify God’s faithfulness.
Romans 5:18 --- The act of obedience of one man (Jesus) will bring life for all men.
Romans 8:19-21 --- Creation itself will be liberated and brought into the glorious freedom of the children of God.
Romans 8:38-39 --- Nothing can separate us from the love of God that is in Christ.
Romans 11:32 --- God made all people imprisoned by disobedience so that he may have mercy on them all.
1 Corinthians 15:22-28 --- All will be made alive in Christ, but each in his own turn and ultimately Christ will subdue all his enemies, eliminate death and God will be all in all.
2 Corinthians 5:15 --- Christ died for all.
2 Corinthians 5:19 --- Through Christ, God was reconciling the world to Himself.
Ephesians 1:11 --- God will bring all things under heaven and on earth under Christ.
Ephesians 4:10 --- Christ ascended higher then all the heavens to fill the whole universe.
Philippians. 2:9-11 --- Every tongue will gladly confess that Jesus is Lord
(In 1 Corinthians 12:3, Paul writes that no one can say “Jesus is Lord” except by the Holy Spirit)
Colossians 1: 19-20 --- God was pleased to reconcile to Himself, all things on earth and in heaven through the blood of Christ.
1 Timothy 2:4-6 --- God wants all men to be saved and to know the truth. Can God’s desire be thwarted?
1 Timothy 4:10 --- God is the Saviour of all men, especially (not exclusively) those who believe.
Titus 2:11-12 --- God’s grace, which brings salvation has appeared to all men.
Hebrews 2:9 --- Jesus tasted death for everyone.
1 John 2:2 --- Christ is the atoning sacrifice of the sins of the whole world.
1 John 3:8 --- Christ appeared to destroy the devil’s works. The doctrine of eternal damnation denies the victory of Christ!
1 John 4:14 --- Christ is the Saviour of the world.
Revelations 5:13 --- Every creature in heaven, on earth, under the earth, and on the sea will sing praises to him who sits on the throne and to the Lamb (Christ).
Revelations 21:4-5 --- God will dwell with men and he will wipe every tear from their eyes, death, mourning, crying, pain and the old order of things will pass and everything will be made new.

Old 06-04-2022, 10:46 PM

8,039 posts, read 1,847,256 times
I do believe it to be possible that everyone in the world will receive Christ during the age of Philadelphia (Revelation 3:7-13).

However, Laodicea follows Philadelphia; and it should be clear that there are those who will become lukewarm and whom the Lord will spue out of His mouth (Revelation 3:14-22).

Old 06-04-2022, 10:51 PM

8,039 posts, read 1,847,256 times
Quote:
Do you think God is reigning literal fire and brimstone onto people's souls? Do you think people are burning in literal fire?
yes...that it the teaching of the Bible, isn't it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
It is really hard to comprehend how we could have ever believed such a thing in the first place. I am not sure where you stand with this, but I honestly believe the belief in ET is rooted in seeing yourself totally depraved and unworthy in the eyes of God, rather than seeing to the true essence of our being which is made in love, out of love, loved beyond measure by God and of his lovely image, and if you happen to see yourself depraved and unworthy, then take your eyes off yourself and look to the one who IS love manifested.
Jer 17:9, The heart is deceitful above all things, and desperately wicked: who can know it?

Of course; now you have greatly evolved in your thinking for that you have rejected the doctrine of the Holy Bible.

Why are you posting on a Christian forum?

Quote:
hell is hades ie. the grave -> everyone goes there when they die. Learn to use correct language, then you may be able to unravel your twisted teachings.
No....to be absent from the body is to be present with the Lord (2 Corinthians 5:8).

The believer's last breath on earth, therefore, is his first breath in heaven.

Old 06-05-2022, 05:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by justbyfaith View Post

Jer 17:9, The heart is deceitful above all things, and desperately wicked: who can know it?

Of course; now you have greatly evolved in your thinking for that you have rejected the doctrine of the Holy Bible.
I have rejected the teaching of bible fundamentalism, and never known a day since then that I have not been aware of the sweet presence of the Lord in my life, even at the lowest points of my life. I credit a lot of that to believing the message of Universal Reconciliation, removing any fear in my life that remained in the recesses of my being, after walking away from bible fundamentalism.

UR is a good thing and is good for your well being

ET is an evil thing(which you refuse to call it) and is very bad for your well being

Old 06-05-2022, 06:13 AM

7,530 posts, read 3,032,424 times
Quote:
I just needed to store these scriptures somewhere...
Lego, perhaps we need to consider the lastest bible?

The All Means Some Bible

1 Cor. 15:22

For as in Adam some die, so also in Christ some shall be made alive. But each in his own order; Christ the first fruits, after that those who are Christ's at His coming, then comes the end, when He delivers up the kingdom to the God and Father, when He has abolished some rule and some authority and power.

Rev. 5:13

And some created things that are in heaven and on the earth and under the earth and on the sea, and some things in them, I heard saying, To Him who sits on the throne and the Lamb, be blessing and honour and glory and dominion and power forever.

Col. 1:18-20

He too is that head whose body is the Church, the Firstborn from the dead, he is to the Church the Source of its life, that in some things He might occupy the foremost place/ to be in some things alone supreme. For it pleased the Father that in him the divine nature in some of its fulness should dwell. And, having made peace through the blood of His cross, by him to reconcile some things unto Himself; by him, I say, whether they be things on earth, or things in heaven. And you that were sometimes alienated.

Acts 3:20,21

And He will send Jesus, your destined Christ, yet heaven must retain Him, until the restitution of some things. (when some things are put right).

1 Cor. 15:28

And when some things shall be subdued unto Him, then shall the Son also Himself be subject unto Him that put some things under Him, that God may be some in some.

1 Cor. 15:25,27

For He must reign until He hath put some enemies under His feet?For He hath put some things under His feet. But when He saith some things are put under Him, it is manifest that He is excepted, which did put some things under Him.

Romans 11:32

For God has consigned some men to disobedience that He might have mercy upon some.

Eph. 4:10

Yes, He who came down is the same who is gone up, far above some heavens, that He might fill some things with His Presence.

John 5:28

Marvel not at this: for the hour is coming, in the which some that are in the graves shall hear His voice. Those who have done good will to live and those who have done evil to the resurrection of judgment.

1 Timothy 2:4

For this is good and pleasing in the eyes of God our Saviour; who will have some men to be saved and come to an increasing knowledge of the truth.

1 Timothy 2:6

For there is one intermediary (One who brings God and men together) who gave Himself a ransom in behalf of some to be testified in due time.

Cor. 5:15

For the love of God overmasters us because we judge that if one died for some, then were some dead; And that His purpose in dying for some was that men, while still in life, should cease to live for themselves, and should live for Him who for their sake died and was raised to life.

Col. 1:16

For by Him were some things created, of things in heaven and on earth, things seen and things unseen (angels or archangels and some of the powers of Heaven) some things were created by Him, and for Him (some were made by Christ for His own use and glory.)

John 3:35

The Father loves the Son, and has given some things into His hand (has given Him control over less than everything). Whoever trusts on the Son possesses eternal life and he who does not obey the Son, God's displeasure hangs over him continually.

Gal. 3:20

But the Scripture has concluded/consigned some without exception to the custody of sin, in order that the promise by faith in Christ Jesus might be given to those who believe in Him.

Heb. 1:2

God has in these days spoken unto us in His Son who is the predestined Lord of the universe. (whom he has appointed heir of some things).

2 Cor. 5:14

For the love of Christ constrains/overmasters/compels/controls us, and this is the conviction we have reached; if one man died on behalf of some, then some thereby became dead men. Christ died for some, so that being alive should no longer mean living with our own life, but with his life who died for some of us and has risen again.

Heb.8:11

And they shall not teach some men his neighbor, and some his brother, saying get to know the Lord, for some of them shall know me from small to great. For I will be merciful to their unrighteousness.

Acts 10:36

The word which God sent unto the children of Israel, preaching peace by Jesus Christ: He is Lord of some.

Rom. 11:36

For from him some things come; through Him some things exist; and in Him some things end. (For of him and through him, and to him are some things.)

Eph. 4:6

One Lord, one faith, one baptism. One God and Father of some, who is over some, and works through some, and dwells in some.

Heb. 12:23

To the festal gathering and Church of the first-born, enrolled as citizens in heaven, and to God the Judge of some men and unto the spirits of righteous ones made perfect.

James 2:10

For whomsoever shall keep the whole law, but fails in a single point, has become guilty of violating some.

Romans 3:22,23

The righteousess of God which comes by believing in Jesus Christ. For some have sinned/ none have attained the glorious likeness of God/lack the glory that comes from God/ are deprived of the Divine splendour.

John 17:2

As thou has made him sovereign over some of mankind that he should give aeonios life to as many as thou hast given him.

Romans 9:5

The patriarchs are theirs and of their race, according to the flesh, is the Christ. May God who is supreme above some, be blessed throughout the ages.

2 Peter 3:9

The Lord is not slack/does not loiter/ is not dilatory concerning his promise, according to some people?s conception of slowness; but He bears patiently with you, because it is not His will for any to be lost, but for some to come/reach repentance.

Phil. 2:10,11

In order that in adoration of the Name of Jesus some knees will bow themselves and openly acknowledge with joy, in celebration and praise, that Jesus Christ is Lord to the glory of God the Father. This profession and confession of His lordship shall be open and freely proclaimed, acknowledged joyfully by some beings in the heavens, by some beings on the earth and by some beings in the underworld.

Please Remember

All does not radically mean all.

Whole is not whole.

All means some.

Old 06-05-2022, 06:14 AM

1,091 posts, read 279,369 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justbyfaith View Post
No....to be absent from the body is to be present with the Lord (2 Corinthians 5:8).

The believer's last breath on earth, therefore, is his first breath in heaven.
It's not only for "believers" at death, but for all humanity, all souls too.

Ecc 12:5 Also when they shall be afraid of that which is high, and terrors shall be in the way; and the almond-tree shall blossom, and the grasshopper shall drag itself along, and the caperberry shall fail; because man goeth to his long home, and the mourners go about the streets;
Ecc 12:6 Before the silver cord is snapped asunder, and the golden bowl is shattered, and the pitcher is broken at the fountain, and the wheel falleth shattered, into the pit;
Ecc 12:7 And the dust returneth to the earth as it was, and the spirit returneth unto God who gave it.

The phrase "long home" (ie: perpetual/everlasting/eternal, is translated from the Heb "עוֹלָם") is also man's "appointed house" that Job speaks of, here:

Job 30:23 For I know that Thou wilt bring me to death, and to the house appointed for all living.

The terms "home" and "house" are identical in the Hebrew text. Our Father's house (Joh 14:2) is a mansion for all souls, insomuch as all souls are His (Eze 18:4). And it's For all living who are brought to death, even for the soul that dies:

Eze 18:4 Behold, all souls are Mine; as the soul of the father, so also the soul of the son is Mine; the soul that sinneth, it shall die.

At death, the elements/entities of the soul (Gen 2:7) separate "one from another" (Ecc 12:7+Mat 25:32). The separation of flesh and spirit, wherein our flesh departs to the earth, and our spirit returns to God, allows the elements of the soul to be judged independently as sheep (spirit) and goats (flesh) as recorded in Mat 25:31-46.

Old 06-05-2022, 06:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rose2Luv View Post
Lego, perhaps we need to consider the lastest bible?

The All Means Some Bible

1 Cor. 15:22

For as in Adam some die, so also in Christ some shall be made alive. But each in his own order; Christ the first fruits, after that those who are Christ's at His coming, then comes the end, when He delivers up the kingdom to the God and Father, when He has abolished some rule and some authority and power.

Rev. 5:13

And some created things that are in heaven and on the earth and under the earth and on the sea, and some things in them, I heard saying, To Him who sits on the throne and the Lamb, be blessing and honour and glory and dominion and power forever.

Col. 1:18-20

He too is that head whose body is the Church, the Firstborn from the dead, he is to the Church the Source of its life, that in some things He might occupy the foremost place/ to be in some things alone supreme. For it pleased the Father that in him the divine nature in some of its fulness should dwell. And, having made peace through the blood of His cross, by him to reconcile some things unto Himself; by him, I say, whether they be things on earth, or things in heaven. And you that were sometimes alienated.

Acts 3:20,21

And He will send Jesus, your destined Christ, yet heaven must retain Him, until the restitution of some things. (when some things are put right).

1 Cor. 15:28

And when some things shall be subdued unto Him, then shall the Son also Himself be subject unto Him that put some things under Him, that God may be some in some.

1 Cor. 15:25,27

For He must reign until He hath put some enemies under His feet?For He hath put some things under His feet. But when He saith some things are put under Him, it is manifest that He is excepted, which did put some things under Him.

Romans 11:32

For God has consigned some men to disobedience that He might have mercy upon some.

Eph. 4:10

Yes, He who came down is the same who is gone up, far above some heavens, that He might fill some things with His Presence.

John 5:28

Marvel not at this: for the hour is coming, in the which some that are in the graves shall hear His voice. Those who have done good will to live and those who have done evil to the resurrection of judgment.

1 Timothy 2:4

For this is good and pleasing in the eyes of God our Saviour; who will have some men to be saved and come to an increasing knowledge of the truth.

1 Timothy 2:6

For there is one intermediary (One who brings God and men together) who gave Himself a ransom in behalf of some to be testified in due time.

Cor. 5:15

For the love of God overmasters us because we judge that if one died for some, then were some dead; And that His purpose in dying for some was that men, while still in life, should cease to live for themselves, and should live for Him who for their sake died and was raised to life.

Col. 1:16

For by Him were some things created, of things in heaven and on earth, things seen and things unseen (angels or archangels and some of the powers of Heaven) some things were created by Him, and for Him (some were made by Christ for His own use and glory.)

John 3:35

The Father loves the Son, and has given some things into His hand (has given Him control over less than everything). Whoever trusts on the Son possesses eternal life and he who does not obey the Son, God's displeasure hangs over him continually.

Gal. 3:20

But the Scripture has concluded/consigned some without exception to the custody of sin, in order that the promise by faith in Christ Jesus might be given to those who believe in Him.

Heb. 1:2

God has in these days spoken unto us in His Son who is the predestined Lord of the universe. (whom he has appointed heir of some things).

2 Cor. 5:14

For the love of Christ constrains/overmasters/compels/controls us, and this is the conviction we have reached; if one man died on behalf of some, then some thereby became dead men. Christ died for some, so that being alive should no longer mean living with our own life, but with his life who died for some of us and has risen again.

Heb.8:11

And they shall not teach some men his neighbor, and some his brother, saying get to know the Lord, for some of them shall know me from small to great. For I will be merciful to their unrighteousness.

Acts 10:36

The word which God sent unto the children of Israel, preaching peace by Jesus Christ: He is Lord of some.

Rom. 11:36

For from him some things come; through Him some things exist; and in Him some things end. (For of him and through him, and to him are some things.)

Eph. 4:6

One Lord, one faith, one baptism. One God and Father of some, who is over some, and works through some, and dwells in some.

Heb. 12:23

To the festal gathering and Church of the first-born, enrolled as citizens in heaven, and to God the Judge of some men and unto the spirits of righteous ones made perfect.

James 2:10

For whomsoever shall keep the whole law, but fails in a single point, has become guilty of violating some.

Romans 3:22,23

The righteousess of God which comes by believing in Jesus Christ. For some have sinned/ none have attained the glorious likeness of God/lack the glory that comes from God/ are deprived of the Divine splendour.

John 17:2

As thou has made him sovereign over some of mankind that he should give aeonios life to as many as thou hast given him.

Romans 9:5

The patriarchs are theirs and of their race, according to the flesh, is the Christ. May God who is supreme above some, be blessed throughout the ages.

2 Peter 3:9

The Lord is not slack/does not loiter/ is not dilatory concerning his promise, according to some people?s conception of slowness; but He bears patiently with you, because it is not His will for any to be lost, but for some to come/reach repentance.

Phil. 2:10,11

In order that in adoration of the Name of Jesus some knees will bow themselves and openly acknowledge with joy, in celebration and praise, that Jesus Christ is Lord to the glory of God the Father. This profession and confession of His lordship shall be open and freely proclaimed, acknowledged joyfully by some beings in the heavens, by some beings on the earth and by some beings in the underworld.

Please Remember

All does not radically mean all.

Whole is not whole.

All means some.

All in all that's a great post for all of us. Some will disagree I am sure, even though they are part of the all.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity