Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-11-2022, 04:16 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,273,602 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by justbyfaith View Post
Yes, we should put people like Hitler into paradise as a reward for their behaviour. Anything else is ridiculous and savage. And also, Hitler should be in the same paradise as the rest of us, without dealing with his sin nature.

No danger of another holocaust, in heaven, there!
What did Hitler do that is worse than what God according to you is going to do ?

Old 05-11-2022, 04:18 PM

6,657 posts, read 8,125,535 times
Quote:
Yes, we should put people like Hitler into paradise as a reward for their behaviour. Anything else is ridiculous and savage. And also, Hitler should be in the same paradise as the rest of us, without dealing with his sin nature.

No danger of another holocaust, in heaven, there!
There you go again. Yes Hitler committed some of the worst evil attrociites that ever happened. Yet we don't know what happened on his death bed. He could have repented and asked forgiveness for all his sins. And God would forgive him whether you like it or not.

Here is the flaw in the whole thing. Under your own belief system, Hitler will get into heaven 'scott-free' if he only asks forgiveness on his deathbed. But if you understand what is really going on with the Lake of Fire, you will see he too will have his part in the lake of fire. REFINING and PURGING - that is the purpose - so that ultimately God will reconcile all.

Old 05-11-2022, 04:25 PM

8,039 posts, read 1,835,979 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
What did Hitler do that is worse than what God according to you is going to do ?
God is going to do it; and,

Rom 9:20, Nay but, O man, who art thou that repliest against God? Shall the thing formed say to him that formed it, Why hast thou made me thus?

Old 05-11-2022, 04:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by legoman View Post
There you go again. Yes Hitler committed some of the worst evil attrociites that ever happened. Yet we don't know what happened on his death bed. He could have repented and asked forgiveness for all his sins. And God would forgive him whether you like it or not.

Here is the flaw in the whole thing. Under your own belief system, Hitler will get into heaven 'scott-free' if he only asks forgiveness on his deathbed. But if you understand what is really going on with the Lake of Fire, you will see he too will have his part in the lake of fire. REFINING and PURGING - that is the purpose - so that ultimately God will reconcile all.
If Hitler received Christ on His death-bed, then he was born again...thus the love of God is shed abroad in His heart through the Holy Ghost.

I have no problem with someone like that being in heaven.

It is those who are not born again in whom the sin nature has never been dealt with; and they will not be allowed into heaven because the sin that dwells within them is the cause of death, sorrow, crying, and pain (see Revelation 21:4); in order that heaven might truly be heavenly.

Old 05-11-2022, 04:45 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,273,602 times
Quote:
God is going to do it; and,

Rom 9:20, Nay but, O man, who art thou that repliest against God? Shall the thing formed say to him that formed it, Why hast thou made me thus?
You are now morphing into Brightframe.

God was even merciful to the first murderer and put a mark on his forehead????? and you think quoting this scripture at me excuses God for acting far worse than Hitler could have ever imagined. Keep posting, before all the forum lurkers, you are dismantling bible fundamentalism all by yourself. Kudos to you Keep up the good work.

Old 05-11-2022, 05:04 PM

Quote:
If Hitler received Christ on His death-bed, then he was born again...thus the love of God is shed abroad in His heart through the Holy Ghost.

I have no problem with someone like that being in heaven.

It is those who are not born again in whom the sin nature has never been dealt with; and they will not be allowed into heaven because the sin that dwells within them is the cause of death, sorrow, crying, and pain (see Revelation 21:4); in order that heaven might truly be heavenly.
This is what blows my mind. The typical objection to universalism is like this "That means you can do whatever you want and still go to heaven!!!!!!"

Yet here we see according to traditional Christendom, Hitler could even be in heaven as long as he asked forgiveness by the arbitrary deadline of death.

The really crazy thing here is: do you think Hitler would need to undergo any refinement in this scenario? Perhaps some purging to remove the dross, some judgments so he can understand righteousness? Or its simply "Ask forgiveness 5 seconds before death and immediately go to heaven". Or is that what you mean by dealing with the sin nature? Hitler is changed in an instant; no refinement, purging, purifying or judgment necessary?

So again, if God wishes to be all in all, and restore all things, and save all people, He can do the same thing AFTER DEATH. What do you think the lake of fire is for? It is a judgement, and judgement is for learning righteousness->So that the sin nature can be removed.

By the way I don't think Hitler will get off easy even if he did repent on his deathbed.

Old 05-11-2022, 05:18 PM

19,956 posts, read 13,450,937 times
Quote:
You keep mentioning having the "sin nature dealt with".

I was always of the impression that the "sin nature" has to do with the sanctification of believers, once they ARE believers -- not with forgiveness for sin and reconciliation with god. Paul certainly went on at length bemoaning his own "sin nature" and his inability to do the things he ought or refrain from the things he oughtn't. And he certainly was not an unbeliever.

Or are you of the Holiness persuasion and think that once "saved" it is either impossible to sin, or possible to get to a place where you are impervious to it?

Or perhaps you are just using the term a little more loosely than I used to, IDK.

Old 05-11-2022, 05:27 PM

Another great verse that shows the universal salvation of all.

This is the NASB version which actually says "swear allegiance", which is the meaning of confess. The amplified version also shows this
Isaiah 45:23 I have sworn by Myself,
The word has gone forth from My mouth in righteousness
And will not turn back,
That to Me every knee will bow, every tongue will swear allegiance.

Seems pretty clear. The hebrew word there is shaba which means to swear or take an oath.

Furthermore:

Phil 2:10 that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow,
in heaven and on earth and under the earth,
11and every tongue confess that Jesus Christ is Lord,
to the glory of God the Father.

The greek word there for confess means to:
1) to confess
2) to profess
a) acknowledge openly and joyfully
b) to one's honour: to celebrate, give praise to
c) to profess that one will do something, to promise, agree, engage

So here we see that everyone will:
- bow their knee
- confess his name as in swearing an oath of allegiance, professing openly and joyful celebration, giving praise to the Lord, as in a promise

This is not some forced confession. It is actually an oath or swearing in. Why would God want some sort of fake confession anyway?

Old 05-11-2022, 05:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
You are now morphing into Brightframe.

God was even merciful to the first murderer and put a mark on his forehead????? and you think quoting this scripture at me excuses God for acting far worse than Hitler could have ever imagined. Keep posting, before all the forum lurkers, you are dismantling bible fundamentalism all by yourself. Kudos to you Keep up the good work.
No, I am not dismantling Bible fundamentalism, it is your argument that is making that attempt.

Those who have the audacity to accuse God are worthy of the condemnation that is coming to them.

It is written,

Rom 3:3, For what if some did not believe? shall their unbelief make the faith of God without effect?
Rom 3:4, God forbid: yea, let God be true, but every man a liar; as it is written, That thou mightest be justified in thy sayings, and mightest overcome when thou art judged.

Quote:
This is what blows my mind. The typical objection to universalism is like this "That means you can do whatever you want and still go to heaven!!!!!!"

Yet here we see according to traditional Christendom, Hitler could even be in heaven as long as he asked forgiveness by the arbitrary deadline of death.

The really crazy thing here is: do you think Hitler would need to undergo any refinement in this scenario? Perhaps some purging to remove the dross, some judgments so he can understand righteousness? Or its simply "Ask forgiveness 5 seconds before death and immediately go to heaven". Or is that what you mean by dealing with the sin nature? Hitler is changed in an instant; no refinement, purging, purifying or judgment necessary?

So again, if God wishes to be all in all, and restore all things, and save all people, He can do the same thing AFTER DEATH. What do you think the lake of fire is for? It is a judgement, and judgement is for learning righteousness->So that the sin nature can be removed.

By the way I don't think Hitler will get off easy even if he did repent on his deathbed.
I think I'll wait for the Lord to be the judge of those things.

I know that if someone knows his master's will and does things deserving of stripes, he will receive many. But if he doesn't know his master's will and does things deserving of stripes, he will receive few.

But I also know that when a person is born again, they are justified and therefore their punishment has already been taken by Jesus on the Cross.

I'm not certain as to how it will all play out; the Lord knows; I will wait and see.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mordant View Post
You keep mentioning having the "sin nature dealt with".

I was always of the impression that the "sin nature" has to do with the sanctification of believers, once they ARE believers -- not with forgiveness for sin and reconciliation with god. Paul certainly went on at length bemoaning his own "sin nature" and his inability to do the things he ought or refrain from the things he oughtn't. And he certainly was not an unbeliever.

Or are you of the Holiness persuasion and think that once "saved" it is either impossible to sin, or possible to get to a place where you are impervious to it?

Or perhaps you are just using the term a little more loosely than I used to, IDK.
I would merely point out that when those who are genuinely born again enter into the next life, they receive glorified bodies that are free from the presence of sin.

Quote:

This is the NASB version which actually says "swear allegiance", which is the meaning of confess. The amplified version also shows this
And will not turn back,

Seems pretty clear. The hebrew word there is shaba which means to swear or take an oath.

Furthermore:

1) to confess
2) to profess

- bow their knee
- confess his name as in swearing an oath of allegiance, professing openly and joyful celebration, giving praise to the Lord, as in a promise

This is not some forced confession. It is actually an oath or swearing in. Why would God want some sort of fake confession anyway?
I can also show you where the NASB teaches that Jesus is satan. So I don't put a lot of stock in that version.

Old 05-11-2022, 05:50 PM

553 posts, read 171,975 times
Quote:

And will not turn back,

Furthermore:

1) to confess
2) to profess

- bow their knee

Force a fake confession? That would have God creating a lie. Is that possible?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity