Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-15-2022, 08:18 AM

676 posts, read 202,980 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by legoman View Post

Eternal torment is literally the most evil and sadistic thing imaginable that could happen to anyone... but most of the modern church preaches that God (who loves us) does this to the majority of His creation....

This belief actually induces a fear so great that logic and understanding is removed. Or it drives people to become atheists because the idea is untenable (among other reasons).

You are right that Satan has deceived most into believing this.
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
The eternal torment doctrine of the modern churches is what they want to hear because it itches their ears.
I think there is a law/justice thing going on for our benefit in the universe. Think the book of Job. There was discussion over legality over what Job had and who he was as a person. This same thing goes on continually, that is until perfection comes but until then I imagine a dialog like this....Satan approaches God. God asks - 'what you been up to?'. Satan replies...'well, thanks to my evil scheming. it now official church doctrine that Christ only saved a very few, the rest go to hell. Well, the majority of your 'followers' think your a monster but won't admit it due to fear of church. I got our roles reversed, who would of thought me even capable of doing such a thing?' ------ maybe THIS is why the church is powerless today and has been for a long time. Where are the signs that God said would follow the believers? Where are the victories, the healings, the breaking down of strongholds? I certainly don't see it. A few Spirit filled Christians in a hospital.....laying on of hands , I've seen many healings in my life time , up front as well. They could clear a hospital out...Jesus even said our miracles would be as great or greater than His....where are they? Well, back to that book of Job and that legality thing going on.

Old 05-15-2022, 10:14 AM

8,039 posts, read 1,835,979 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HAL-5 View Post
I shouldn't do this but have to ask......what about those who never heard? Judged by their works? Your one contradiction jbf and again, after reading your 'NDE', I believe have serious issuse. Your NDE is unique out of thousands, very disturbing. Might explain your fascination with humankind burning forever, like there is an enjoyment. Seek help.
I have to say that I am surprised at the reactions I sometimes get simply for preaching sound doctrine on the issue of hell.

It makes me think that we are indeed in the days of 2 Timothy 4:3.

Old 05-15-2022, 10:15 AM

20,438 posts, read 12,775,263 times
Universalism is based on emotion, a misunderstanding of God’s holiness, and requires that problematic scripture passages have been wrongly translated.

If you believe in universal salvation, I hope you are still sharing the good news that Jesus saves.

Old 05-15-2022, 10:27 AM

37,337 posts, read 28,273,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmiej View Post
Universalism is based on emotion, a misunderstanding of God’s holiness, and requires that problematic scripture passages have been wrongly translated.

If you believe in universal salvation, I hope you are still sharing the good news that Jesus saves.
Eternal hell most certainly is.
If you really believed folk are going to be tortured eternally in lake of fire, I would say you do not care one single bit about folk going there, you would be out there in your community making everyone aware what would be waiting for them if they do not believe what you do.

You have no idea what holiness is if you believe it is God's reason for creating eternal hell and sending sinners there. The fact that He is holy, such a thought would never cross the mind of God.

Old 05-15-2022, 10:50 AM

Quote:
Eternal hell most certainly is.
If you really believed folk are going to be tortured eternally in lake of fire, I would say you do not care one single bit about folk going there, you would be out there in your community making everyone aware what would be waiting for them if they do not believe what you do.

You have no idea what holiness is if you believe it is God's reason for creating eternal hell and sending sinners there. The fact that He is holy, such a thought would never cross the mind of God.
People who do what you are saying end up in mental hospitals.

It is not culturally acceptable to preach to the masses that they are all going to hell (except maybe on the internet).

And therefore, those who do so are basically considered to be mentally ill by society.

Therefore when they go and preach, it is considered, not that they are trying to help the people to whom they are preaching; but it is considered that they are the ones who need help.

So, it becomes a matter of self-preservation that we do not go to the streets and preach to everyone in sight.

At least if we do our preaching on an acceptable venue, we live to preach another day.

Old 05-15-2022, 11:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by justbyfaith View Post
People who do what you are saying end up in mental hospitals.

It is not culturally acceptable to preach to the masses that they are all going to hell (except maybe on the internet).

And therefore, those who do so are basically considered to be mentally ill by society.

Therefore when they go and preach, it is considered, not that they are trying to help the people to whom they are preaching; but it is considered that they are the ones who need help.

So, it becomes a matter of self-preservation that we do not go to the streets and preach to everyone in sight.

At least if we do our preaching on an acceptable venue, we live to preach another day.
Excuse after excuse.

You should obey God rather than men

You do not care about the lost one single bit. You are more concerned with christians accepting your beliefs. If you gave one single moments thought about folk(including family and friends) being tortured in fire, you would be horrified, if you are not, I would suggest seeking help.

Old 05-15-2022, 11:23 AM

Quote:
Excuse after excuse.

You should obey God rather than men

You do not care about the lost one single bit. You are more concerned with christians accepting your beliefs. If you gave one single moments thought about folk(including family and friends) being tortured in fire, you would be horrified, if you are not, I would suggest seeking help.
Believe me, I have preached to people in the manner that you suggest.

It got me locked up.

These days I prefer to preach in a safer venue so that I can have more of a voice with people; since in preaching on the internet I do not get shut down but can have a freeer reign in preaching the whole of the gospel message.

I consider that I have to consider effectiveness in my choice of where and how to preach.

I find that I am more effective preaching the word on the internet than I can be in preaching to people one-on-one; when there is also the possibility that in preaching to people on the streets I could be locked up and then my effectiveness would be significantly less than what it can be in that I am preaching on the internet.

Old 05-15-2022, 01:33 PM

553 posts, read 171,975 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justbyfaith View Post
It got me locked up.
You should be glad that man is more merciful than the monster you preach about much of the time. Man let you out of your lock up once you recovered (apparently, at that time) your sanity.

(oh, and the real God will do the same; He will heal you and let you go free.)

Last edited by wellsmaine; 05-15-2022 at 01:50 PM..

Old 05-15-2022, 04:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wellsmaine View Post
You should be glad that man is more merciful than the monster you preach about much of the time. Man let you out of your lock up once you recovered (apparently, at that time) your sanity.

(oh, and the real God will do the same; He will heal you and let you go free.)
If I am truly mentally ill, as they say, then the days of recompence and visitation are come; for I am a spiritual man (see Hosea 9:7, 2 Corinthians 5:13, 2 Timothy 1:7, Acts 26:24-28, Mark 3:21, John 10:20, Matthew 11:18).

And no, man had no mercy for I did nothing wrong and they still punished me. All I did was preach the truth and I was persecuted for it.

Old 05-16-2022, 06:57 AM

To those who believe we are saved from eternal hell, I have absolutely no interest in what you have to say, until you give me an answer to how you process in your hearts and minds in the here and now, the thought of billions burning without mercy eternally.

If you believe you are saved from eternal then you have had visions of that horrific awfulness of being torment without mercy for eternity, and accepted it to be a reality for you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity