Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-01-2022, 08:27 PM

8,039 posts, read 1,835,979 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
I know, you and the vast majority of Christians as well. It is very sad that those who have passed had to find out the hard way that it is not true. That is the real "easy believism no work/faith alone ear-tickling" false Gospel that you keep talking about. The notion that faith in Jesus is all we need to do in this life to avoid any negative spiritual consequences in the next life is a powerful incentive. Jesus DID remove our need to become perfect, but He did NOT change whatever spiritual consequences we have actually earned by what kind of Spirit we have BECOME.

The negative spiritual consequences of what we BECOME are what all the warnings were about. They were NOT warnings of punishment from a wrathful and vengeful God who is so evil He would punish us in an eternal Hell. God wants us to have faith in the Good News Gospel that Jesus is actually God incarnate and that He has unambiguously revealed God's True Nature of agape love and forgiveness, NOT wrath and vengeance.

God also wants us to have faith that the perfect Grace of Jesus has not only saved humanity from any permanent spiritual separation from God but also abides with us as the Comforter to help us AVOID any (temporary) negative spiritual consequences by following Jesus's instructions to love God and each other every day and repent when we fail.
According to scripture, the following is the good news gospel.

1Co 15:1, Moreover, brethren, I declare unto you the gospel which I preached unto you, which also ye have received, and wherein ye stand;
1Co 15:2, By which also ye are saved, if ye keep in memory what I preached unto you, unless ye have believed in vain.
1Co 15:3, For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures;
1Co 15:4, And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures:

He died in order to bring forgiveness.

Psa 130:4, But there is forgiveness with thee, that thou mayest be feared.

Act 5:31, Him hath God exalted with his right hand to be a Prince and a Saviour, for to give repentance to Israel, and forgiveness of sins.

Act 13:38, Be it known unto you therefore, men and brethren, that through this man is preached unto you the forgiveness of sins:

Act 26:18, To open their eyes, and to turn them from darkness to light, and from the power of Satan unto God, that they may receive forgiveness of sins, and inheritance among them which are sanctified by faith that is in me.

Eph 1:7, In whom we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of sins, according to the riches of his grace;

Col 1:14, In whom we have redemption through his blood, even the forgiveness of sins:

Forgiveness means that God does not any longer hold your sins against you if you are truly redeemed.

Heb 10:17, And their sins and iniquities will I remember no more.

Old 04-01-2022, 09:02 PM

63,775 posts, read 40,038,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justbyfaith View Post

1Co 15:1, Moreover, brethren, I declare unto you the gospel which I preached unto you, which also ye have received, and wherein ye stand;
1Co 15:2, By which also ye are saved, if ye keep in memory what I preached unto you, unless ye have believed in vain.
1Co 15:3, For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures;
1Co 15:4, And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures:

Psa 130:4, But there is forgiveness with thee, that thou mayest be feared.

Act 5:31, Him hath God exalted with his right hand to be a Prince and a Saviour, for to give repentance to Israel, and forgiveness of sins.

Act 13:38, Be it known unto you therefore, men and brethren, that through this man is preached unto you the forgiveness of sins:

Act 26:18, To open their eyes, and to turn them from darkness to light, and from the power of Satan unto God, that they may receive forgiveness of sins, and inheritance among them which are sanctified by faith that is in me.

Eph 1:7, In whom we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of sins, according to the riches of his grace;

Col 1:14, In whom we have redemption through his blood, even the forgiveness of sins:

Forgiveness means that God does not any longer hold your sins against you if you are truly redeemed.

The only concern God had about our imperfections ("sins") was that they separated us from Him. That is why our ancestors prior to Jesus were "captives" in a kind of spiritual limbo when they died and were "born again" as Spirits. Jesus's "born again" human Spirit as the Comforter (Holy Spirit) connects all "born again" human Spirits with God's Holy Spirit because He is IDENTICAL.

That is why God is no longer counting our "sins" against us because they no longer separate us from God. That is also how He is the Only Way to God and how His Holy Spirit abides with us in our consciousness to guide us to the truth God has "written in our hearts" with agape love.

Old 04-01-2022, 11:43 PM

Quote:
The only concern God had about our imperfections ("sins") was that they separated us from Him. That is why our ancestors prior to Jesus were "captives" in a kind of spiritual limbo when they died and were "born again" as Spirits. Jesus's "born again" human Spirit as the Comforter (Holy Spirit) connects all "born again" human Spirits with God's Holy Spirit because He is IDENTICAL.

That is why God is no longer counting our "sins" against us because they no longer separate us from God. That is also how He is the Only Way to God and how His Holy Spirit abides with us in our consciousness to guide us to the truth God has "written in our hearts" with agape love.
Unfortunately for you, this is a gospel that is different from what Paul and the apostles preached.

Gal 1:6, I marvel that ye are so soon removed from him that called you into the grace of Christ unto another gospel:
Gal 1:7, Which is not another; but there be some that trouble you, and would pervert the gospel of Christ.
Gal 1:8, But though we, or an angel from heaven, preach any other gospel unto you than that which we have preached unto you, let him be accursed.
Gal 1:9, As we said before, so say I now again, If any man preach any other gospel unto you than that ye have received, let him be accursed.

Old 04-04-2022, 09:53 AM

4,622 posts, read 1,168,990 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
So that old serpent the devil is not Satan.

Tut tut.
Huh ? Where that come from ?

Old 04-04-2022, 01:47 PM

Quote:

He died in order to bring an awareness of God's forgiveness because God did NOT need to change. Our ignorant ancestors' misunderstanding and belief that God was wrathful and vengeful DID need to change. So Jesus showed that God IS agape love and forgiveness by sacrificing His body and blood enduring our ancestors' savage brutality without wrath or vengeance thereby personally, unambiguously, and Divinely demonstrating it on the Cross.
Quote:

Col 1:14, In whom we have redemption through his blood, even the forgiveness of sins:[/b]

All of this reinforces the fact that God is not counting our sins against us because Jesus makes up for our lack of perfection. We can have faith in Jesus because it is TRUE not because it is a condition of being saved. The saving faith is not ours. It is Jesus's human faith that is now part of our collective human Spirit that provides the Grace to cover our imperfections.

The key phrase above is in bold. We do not need to worry about our Salvation because we can have faith that Jesus did it. It is our Sanctification that we need to worry about because it is what builds (or not) on the foundation of agape love and forgiveness Jesus laid for us. That is what will impact our ultimate fate.

Last edited by MysticPhD; 04-04-2022 at 01:57 PM..

Old 04-04-2022, 01:59 PM

Quote:
He died in order to bring an awareness of God's forgiveness because God did NOT need to change. Our ignorant ancestors' misunderstanding and belief that God was wrathful and vengeful DID need to change. So Jesus showed that God IS agape love and forgiveness by sacrificing His body and blood enduring our ancestors' savage brutality without wrath or vengeance thereby personally, unambiguously, and Divinely demonstrating it on the Cross.

All of this reinforces the fact that God is not counting our sins against us because Jesus makes up for our lack of perfection. We can have faith in Jesus because it is TRUE not because it is a condition of being saved. The saving faith is not ours. It is Jesus's human faith that is now part of our collective human Spirit that provides the Grace to cover our imperfections.

The key phrase above is in bold. We do not need to worry about our Salvation because we can have faith that Jesus did it. It is our Sanctification that we need to worry about because it is what builds (or not) on the foundation of agape love and forgiveness Jesus laid for us. That is what will impact our ultimate fate.
He died in order to bring forgiveness itself.

And in order to appropriate that forgiveness, one must believe.

The Bible is clear on this.

But we are all aware that you reject certain scriptures, saying that they "do not speak in accordance with God's agape love."

The reality is that all scripture (the whole of the Bible (Hebrews 10:7)) is "God-breathed";

And therefore the very essence and nature and life of God Almighty is imbued in every letter.

Yes, we can have faith in Jesus and His shed blood because it is true; and it is also a condition for being saved;

Since that same shed blood appeases the wrath and justice of Almighty God against sin.

Old 04-04-2022, 02:00 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,273,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brightfame52 View Post
Big difference in what Jesus said to Peter and what He called judas a devil. Jesus made it clear that only one of them is a devil, Judas Jn 6:70

70 Jesus answered them, Have not I chosen you twelve, and one of you is a devil?

Now, correct, satan didnt impregnate eve with the serpent seed, but Adam did. Each child born of a women is either the seed of the serpent or the seed of the women and belongs to Christ.
He called Peter satan, there is no way you can make it say anything else no matter how much you try.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
He called him satan, you cannot get anymore damning than that. If this does not make clear to you that there is an old and new self and what is of the devil and one of God, then nothing will. The serpent did not impregnate Eve with serpent seed and neither did Adam. A lying seed, yes, for just like Jesus' word(SEED) is the truth, the devil's word( SEED) is a lie..... He was a liar from the beginning and the Father of them.

Old 04-04-2022, 02:08 PM

Of course, Peter was destined for salvation, as Jesus said to him,

Luk 22:32, But I have prayed for thee, that thy faith fail not: and when thou art converted, strengthen thy brethren.

Old 04-04-2022, 06:30 PM

Quote:
He died in order to bring forgiveness itself.
And in order to appropriate that forgiveness, one must believe.
The Bible is clear on this.
Wrong. That implies that God needed to change HIS mind which is preposterous! There is nothing rational about your War God, brother.
Quote:
But we are all aware that you reject certain scriptures, saying that they "do not speak in accordance with God's agape love."
I do NOT reject the scriptures. I reject the primitive and barbaric interpretations of them by our ignorant primitive ancestors who "did not know what they did" according to Jesus Himself.
Quote:
The reality is that all scripture (the whole of the Bible (Hebrews 10:7)) is "God-breathed"
And therefore the very essence and nature and life of God Almighty is imbued in every letter.
Wrong. You are relying on the words "written in ink" and the letter when we were specifically warned not to do so. We are to rely on the guidance of the Holy Spirit (Comforter in agape love) to the Truth God has "written in our hearts." You corrupt and reject the states of mind associated with agape love which is why you misunderstand the scriptures. You see them the same way our ignorant ancestors did. I repeat, they did not know what they did according to Jesus Himself.
Quote:
Yes, we can have faith in Jesus and His shed blood because it is true; and it is also a condition for being saved;
Since that same shed blood appeases the wrath and justice of Almighty God against sin.
It is not a condition of faith. Faith is justified because it is the truth. Jesus unambiguously and Divinely Revealed that Almighty God has no wrath or vengeance against us ( and never did) because we know not what we do.

Old 04-04-2022, 07:13 PM

Quote:
Wrong. That implies that God needed to change HIS mind which is preposterous! There is nothing rational about your War God, brother.
God did not have to change His mind at all.

His wrath and justice against sin will be satisfied no matter what: this does not change.

What changes is that when we place our faith in Christ and His shed blood, His wrath and justice against sin is directed to Christ instead of us as He took the penalty for our sins.

Quote:
I do NOT reject the scriptures.
You do,

Quote:
I reject the primitive and barbaric interpretations of them by our ignorant primitive ancestors who "did not know what they did" according to Jesus Himself.
You reject certain scriptures, calling them mere "interpretations".

Quote:
Wrong. You are relying on the words "written in ink" and the letter when we were specifically warned not to do so. We are to rely on the guidance of the Holy Spirit (Comforter in agape love) to the Truth God has "written in our hearts." You corrupt and reject the states of mind associated with agape love which is why you misunderstand the scriptures. You see them the same way our ignorant ancestors did. I repeat, they did not know what they did according to Jesus Himself.
All scripture is "God-breathed" (2 Timothy 3:16)...

Which means that the very essence, life, and nature of the Lord is imbued into them.

However, you cannot accept this because it destroys your theology.

Nevertheless this concept is clearly laid out in holy scripture.

Quote:
It is not a condition of faith. Faith is justified because it is the truth. Jesus unambiguously and Divinely Revealed that Almighty God has no wrath or vengeance against us ( and never did) because we know not what we do.
What is not a condition of faith?

I am saying that faith is a condition for appropriating the shed blood of Jesus Christ on the Cross for the forgiveness of sins (Romans 5:1-2, John 3:16, Ephesians 2:8-9, etc.).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity