Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-09-2022, 05:44 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,312,904 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by justbyfaith View Post
I don't wish that fate on anyone; but I work to this day to attempt to deliver many people from that fate.
While you believe their sin is being held against them, you are doing the exact opposite.

Old 02-09-2022, 05:48 PM

8,039 posts, read 1,847,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
While you believe their sin is being held against them, you are doing the exact opposite.
No; for I am pointing them to the way that they can follow by which their sins might be forgiven.

Old 02-09-2022, 05:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by justbyfaith View Post
No; for I am pointing them to the way that they can follow by which their sins might be forgiven.
Do you believe this .........
that God was reconciling the world to himself in Christ, NOT counting people’s sins against them. And he has committed to us the message of reconciliation.

Yes or No?

That the message of reconciliation is God is Not counting the people's sin against them.

Yes or No?

If no, please explain what you think it is saying.

Old 02-09-2022, 06:44 PM

20,443 posts, read 12,801,153 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero 7 View Post
…But where sin abounded, grace did much more abound. — Romans 5:20

I honestly believe we're OK in God's eyes. After all, He created us in His image. Aren't people now proud in something they have just made? Want to show it off even? (We even judge the angels). God shows US off.
But the accuser has a job, doesn't he?

This is what I believe...as a man believeth in his heart....HE IS. If we think we're wicked, we run from God instead of embrace Him. This is sin. In order to fix this, God did something shocking to us, His shock treatment was the brutality of the cross. If this doesn't convince us grace is greater than sin...nothing will or can. This is why Jesus was needed.
Here’s what Jesus said about that.

Luke 18:9-14

The Pharisee and the Publican

9 And He also told this parable to some people who trusted in themselves that they were righteous, and viewed others with contempt: 10 “Two men went up into the temple to pray, one a Pharisee and the other a tax collector. 11 The Pharisee stood and was praying this to himself: ‘God, I thank You that I am not like other people: swindlers, unjust, adulterers, or even like this tax collector. 12 I fast twice a week; I pay tithes of all that I get.’ 13 But the tax collector, standing some distance away, was even unwilling to lift up his eyes to heaven, but was beating his breast, saying, ‘God, be merciful to me, the sinner!’ 14 I tell you, this man went to his house justified rather than the other; for everyone who exalts himself will be humbled, but he who humbles himself will be exalted.”

Old 02-09-2022, 06:49 PM

63,840 posts, read 40,128,566 times
Quote:
that God was reconciling the world to himself in Christ, NOT counting people’s sins against them. And he has committed to us the message of reconciliation.

Yes or No?

That the message of reconciliation is God is Not counting the people's sin against them.

Yes or No?

<crickets>

Old 02-09-2022, 07:34 PM

7,321 posts, read 6,932,054 times
Jesus said, " Not everyone that says to me Lord, Lord, will enter the kingdom of heaven..Matthew 7;21;22;23;
Jesus is not fooled, in spite of the fact people fool themself, and others.
Jesus' recognition is due to a relationship not just of some confession but of obedience via the Holy Spirit He alone provides.
Come judgment day He will determine those who are His and those that are not, like a shepherd dividing the sheep from the goats. Jesus said, "My sheep know my voice," men will follow the voice of their own teachers and reap their rewards/judgment.
Jesus chose Peter, not because of his education, but because of his devotion.
Jesus said blessed are they that do hunger and thirst after righteousness for they shall be filled.
God is not impressed with a man's academics, 9 times out of 1-10 he's got it all wrong.
Men have memorized the scriptures and still never establish a relationship.
How desperately do you seek Him?
How much effort have you invested in other pursuits?
Not in knowing scriptures, "knowing God."
God is omnipresent and omnitiant= all-seeing and all-knowing.
God knows all the secrets in your life better than you do.
David said, "Search me oh God and know my heart, try me and know my thoughts and see if there be any wicked way in me, and lead me in the way everlasting."
According to Jesus there is a judgment, argue with Him.

Old 02-09-2022, 07:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
<crickets>
I don't think got questions has got an answer for this one. Yea, but what about eternal punishment and fiery furnaces is probably going to be his comeback, that seems to be his go to bible verse, I can almost see him breathing fire at the thought that God is not imputing the sins of the people against them. The old creation religion man is at enmity with the new creation spiritual man.

Old 02-09-2022, 08:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
<crickets>
Are you cussing?

If you are referring to the fact of my silence, it should be clear that I had to step out of the house for a few minutes and take care of a job that was set before me.

Old 02-09-2022, 08:57 PM

Quote:

Yes or No?

Yes or No?

I believe that God overlooked the sins of people when He made the decision to redeem them through the Cross.

However, the scriptures are clear, that a person is not forgiven of their sins apart from faith in Jesus Christ and what He did for them on the Cross.

God looked down from eternity and saw a sinful world; and decided to go down and die for the sins of the world. He was not counting their sins against them when He made that decision; He made that decision separating His wrath and justice from the equation; knowing that the Cross would bring forgiveness to those who would receive the forgiveness that comes through that sacrifice as a free gift.

Old 02-09-2022, 08:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by arleigh View Post
Jesus said, " Not everyone that says to me Lord, Lord, will enter the kingdom of heaven..Matthew 7;21;22;23;
Jesus is not fooled, in spite of the fact people fool themself, and others.
Jesus' recognition is due to a relationship not just of some confession but of obedience via the Holy Spirit He alone provides.
Come judgment day He will determine those who are His and those that are not, like a shepherd dividing the sheep from the goats. Jesus said, "My sheep know my voice," men will follow the voice of their own teachers and reap their rewards/judgment.
Jesus chose Peter, not because of his education, but because of his devotion.
Jesus said blessed are they that do hunger and thirst after righteousness for they shall be filled.
God is not impressed with a man's academics, 9 times out of 1-10 he's got it all wrong.
Men have memorized the scriptures and still never establish a relationship.
How desperately do you seek Him?
How much effort have you invested in other pursuits?
Not in knowing scriptures, "knowing God."
God is omnipresent and omnitiant= all-seeing and all-knowing.
God knows all the secrets in your life better than you do.
David said, "Search me oh God and know my heart, try me and know my thoughts and see if there be any wicked way in me, and lead me in the way everlasting."
According to Jesus there is a judgment, argue with Him.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity