Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-08-2022, 07:44 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,273,602 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by justbyfaith View Post
I cannot forgive all of the sins of a person that is in front of me because I don't know what all of his sins are.

Only God knows that; and therefore only God can forgive all of his sins.

I can only forgive sins that have been committed against me; and I can also say by the authority of scripture that if someone has received the work of the Cross, that they are forgiven.

Not because I forgave them; but because God forgave them through the Cross.
You do it in the knowledge that God is NOT imputing sins against them, just like the scripture says, and that fact is the message of reconciliation.

Old 02-08-2022, 08:09 PM

8,039 posts, read 1,835,979 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
You do it in the knowledge that God is NOT imputing sins against them, just like the scripture says, and that fact is the message of reconciliation.
Even though God was not imputing their sins against them, this does not preclude that there is no hell or that hellfire and brimstone preaching is false. For it is a clear doctrine of holy scripture.

God demonstrates His love towards us in that while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.

Which does not preclude that we can have access into this grace wherein we stand apart from faith (John 3:16, Ephesians 2:8-9, Romans 5:1-2).

God will impute their sins against them who reject the sacrifice that He offers to them as a free gift.

He came with forgiveness in mind; but for those who reject forgiveness, they will be cast into hell.

Old 02-09-2022, 03:39 AM

Quote:
Even though God was not imputing their sins against them, this does not preclude that there is no hell or that hellfire and brimstone preaching is false. For it is a clear doctrine of holy scripture.

God demonstrates His love towards us in that while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.

Which does not preclude that we can have access into this grace wherein we stand apart from faith (John 3:16, Ephesians 2:8-9, Romans 5:1-2).

God will impute their sins against them who reject the sacrifice that He offers to them as a free gift.

He came with forgiveness in mind; but for those who reject forgiveness, they will be cast into hell.
Quote:
Why don't you ask Jesus? Are you saying that He didn't have the Spirit of meekness? End Quote

He most assuredly spoke of hellfire and brimstone.
He did to those in leadership positions, they go off lightly in my opinion. Today bible fundamentalists are repeating their same mistake. He(Jesus) was bang on the money when he said their(scribes and pharisees) converts would be bigger children of Gehenna than what they were.

Gehenna
• After the Baylonian exile (6th cent BCE) ... A garbage dump in a deep narrow valley outside the wall of Jerusalem where fires were kept burning to consume the refuse. It is also the location where bodies of executed criminals, or individuals denied a proper burial, and animals would be dumped. Sulfur (brimstone) was added to keep the fires burning.

https://olli.gmu.edu/docstore/600doc...02-GMHell2.pdf

Old 02-09-2022, 03:46 AM

2,029 posts, read 1,363,628 times
Quote:

Would you throw one of your children into the oven for misbehaving? Of course not and neither does God, who has infinite more love and mercy than you or me. Hell is a place of darkness. An unrepentant soul who has lived a sociopathic life and harmed people most of his/her life is not ready for God. Lift a rock and watch the bugs scatter, anything but light. These souls are drawn like magnets to a hellish place, they believe is no option , certainly God is not an option to them so now what? I do know that even in this place, we are NOT removed from the love of God. It was either run and hide or face the consequences for these people but whenever they cry out to God . like a pinpoint of light, it gets bigger and bigger and people are lifted at their own time. If a suffering hell is eternal and most people go there, how could a loving being go through with that? Its just insanity to believe God tortures people forever, even sick.

Old 02-09-2022, 03:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero 7 View Post
Would you throw one of your children into the oven for misbehaving? Of course not and neither does God, who has infinite more love and mercy than you or me. Hell is a place of darkness. An unrepentant soul who has lived a sociopathic life and harmed people most of his/her life is not ready for God. Lift a rock and watch the bugs scatter, anything but light. These souls are drawn like magnets to a hellish place, they believe is no option , certainly God is not an option to them so now what? I do know that even in this place, we are NOT removed from the love of God. It was either run and hide or face the consequences for these people but whenever they cry out to God . like a pinpoint of light, it gets bigger and bigger and people are lifted at their own time. If a suffering hell is eternal and most people go there, how could a loving being go through with that? Its just insanity to believe God tortures people forever, even sick.
Very true.

The likes of JBF would have you believe that everyone assumed to be a sinner is a devil that needs fire and brimstone preached at. He's forgotten the great mercy that he was shown and now prowls his world to condemn for that which he was freely forgiven.

Old 02-09-2022, 04:11 AM

614 posts, read 172,698 times
Quote:
Absolutely right! Why create anything at all, if you only intend to torture it? The only God who would do that is one with "issues."

The biggest issue with universalism is how people behave when they hear about it. It isn't God's mercy, or His loving heart. There have been problems with people regarding this in history. They have been a bad example. God hasn't allowed that to be what represents His ideal.

Old 02-09-2022, 05:38 AM

2,029 posts, read 1,363,628 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
Very true.

The likes of JBF would have you believe that everyone assumed to be a sinner is a devil that needs fire and brimstone preached at. He's forgotten the great mercy that he was shown and now prowls his world to condemn for that which he was freely forgiven.
You know something? They are actually doing the accusers job. Ironic isn't it? jbf and the likes use scripture to convince people they are wicked. The devil tempted Christ using scripture as well when He fasted for 40 days.

Old 02-09-2022, 06:17 AM

Quote:
You know something? They are actually doing the accusers job. Ironic isn't it? jbf and the likes use scripture to convince people they are wicked. The devil tempted Christ using scripture as well when He fasted for 40 days.
Yes, exactly.

They preach a false gospel, telling us God is against us because of sin, when the truth is God is for us because sin is against us, accusing us and condemning us. So God condemned sin in the flesh so that the righteous requirements of the law may be met, from then on, in us, by us walking in the Spirit, thus taking away and destroying the ability of sin to accuse and condemn us. Shall we continue in sin because of this ? God forbid! but there is super abounding grace for when we do sin.

Old 02-09-2022, 06:56 AM

20,438 posts, read 12,775,263 times
Quote:
Yeah, kinda like the prophets, John the Baptist, the Apostles and…Jesus.

Old 02-09-2022, 07:01 AM

20,438 posts, read 12,775,263 times
Quote:
Parents and children are both fallible creatures. God is holy, pure and sinless, high above us in authority.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity