Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-03-2020, 01:48 AM

7,530 posts, read 3,021,446 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rose2Luv View Post
"You’ve been raised on the Message of the faith and have followed sound teaching. Now pass on this counsel to the followers of Jesus there, and you’ll be a good servant of Jesus. Stay clear of silly stories that get dressed up as religion. Exercise daily in God—no spiritual flabbiness, please! Workouts in the gymnasium are useful, but a disciplined life in God is far more so, making you fit both today and forever. You can count on this. Take it to heart. This is why we’ve thrown ourselves into this venture so totally. We’re banking on the living God, Savior of all men and women, especially believers." -MSG-

"Faithful, the saying! and, of all acceptance, worthy; for, to this end, are we toiling and contending, because we have set our hope on a living God, Who is Saviour of all men—specially, of such as believe. Be giving these things in charge, and be teaching..." -Rotherham-

"We toil tirelessly and are criticized continually, simply because our hope is in the living God. He is the wonderful life-giver of all the children of men, and even more so to those who believe." -TPT-
What is your hope in the living God?

Do you behold a day when the whole of created life shall be delivered and set free from the bondage of corruption & the chains of sin?

Whole = the radical all of pas.

The whole of created life shall be set free.

Old 09-03-2020, 05:46 AM

20,439 posts, read 12,779,436 times
Looks like Rose has taken over for Birdy.

Old 09-03-2020, 07:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmiej View Post
Looks like Rose has taken over for Birdy.
Birdbrain has passed away. Good riddance to her incessant ramblings of God being the Saviour of all mankind. Rosey misses Birdbrain very much R.I.P.

https://www.tentmaker.org/books/ChristTriumphant.htm

Old 09-03-2020, 08:15 AM

"Awake you that sleep, arise from the dead, and Christ shall give you light....redeeming the time, because the days are evil."

Sleep =verb egeiro = awake from slumber.

"Wake up from your sleep, climb out of your coffins; Christ will show you the light!" -MSG_

Old 09-03-2020, 09:37 AM

63,785 posts, read 40,053,123 times
Quote:
Birdbrain has passed away. Good riddance to her incessant ramblings of God being the Saviour of all mankind. Rosey misses Birdbrain very much R.I.P.

https://www.tentmaker.org/books/ChristTriumphant.htm
I am sorry to hear that Birdy has passed. Birdy's (R.I.P.) threads were the most uplifting on the forum. I hope the Mods make Birdy an Eternal Member. I am pleased you are continuing to post Rosey. My deepest condolences on your loss.

Old 09-03-2020, 10:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
I am sorry to hear that Birdy has passed. Birdy's (R.I.P.) threads were the most uplifting on the forum. I hope the Mods make Birdy an Eternal Member. I am pleased you are continuing to post Rosey. My deepest condolences on your loss.
In these days of such negative news on planet Earth, all of us are in need of a wee bit of uplift. I stand in awe of the glorious voices that have appeared in every age to speak of Him & His incredible love & grace in the Master of reconciliation.

"Those we love don’t go away, they walk beside us everyday."

Old 09-03-2020, 08:06 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,349,449 times
Quote:
"Those we love don’t go away, they walk beside us everyday."

Old 09-04-2020, 01:26 AM

Early Church Father Gregory of Nazianzus

“Hence, another meaning of subjection is understood by Paul as opposite to the common one.

The exposition of the term 'subjection' as used here does not mean the forceful, necessary subjection of enemies as is commonly meant; while on the other hand, salvation is clearly interpreted by subjection. ... Paul mentions this in his Epistle to the Romans: ‘For if we have been enemies, we have been reconciled to God’ (Rom 5:10)

Here Paul calls subjection reconciliation, one term indicating salvation by another word.

For as salvation is brought near to us by subjection, Paul says in another place, ‘Being reconciled, we shall be saved in this life’ (Rom 5:10). Therefore, Paul says that such enemies are to be subjected to God and the Father; death no longer is to have authority. This is shown by Paul saying, ‘Death will be destroyed,’ a clear statement that the power of evil will be utterly removed: persons are called enemies of God by disobedience, while those who have become the Lord's friends are persuaded by Paul saying, ‘We are ambassadors for Christ, as though God did beseech you by us: Be reconciled to God’ (2 Cor 6:20) ...

When all enemies have become God's footstool, they (the enemies) will receive a trace of divinity in themselves. Once death has been destroyed — for if there are no persons who will die, not even death would exist — then we will be subjected to him; but this is not understood by some sort of servile humility.

Our subjection, however, consists of a kingdom, incorruptibility and blessedness living in us; this is Paul's meaning of being subjected to God. Christ perfects his good in us by himself, and effects in us what is pleasing to him. According to our limited understanding of Paul's great wisdom which we received, we have only understood part of it."

Old 09-04-2020, 07:01 AM

Early Church Father Clement of Alexandria

“How is He Savior and Lord, if not the Savior and Lord of all?

But He is the Savior of those who have believed, because of their wishing to know, and the Lord of those who have not believed, till being enabled to confess Him, they obtain the peculiar ... boon which comes by Him ... For all things are arranged with a view to the salvation of the universe by the Lord of the universe, both generally and particularly.”

“To speak comprehensively, all benefit appertaining to life, in its highest reason, proceeding from the Sovereign God, the Father who is over all, consummated by the Son, who also on this account ‘is Savior of all men,’ says the apostle, ‘but especially of those who believe.'”

Old 09-05-2020, 01:47 AM

The result of one mans disobedience to the Lord has produced devastating results for all his progeny.

"You know the story of how Adam landed us in the dilemma we’re in—first sin, then death, and no one exempt from either sin or death. That sin disturbed relations with God in everything and everyone... So death, this huge abyss separating us from God, dominated the landscape from Adam to Moses. Even those who didn’t sin precisely as Adam did by disobeying a specific command of God still had to experience this termination of life, this separation from God. But Adam, who got us into this, also points ahead to the One who will get us out of it."

The balancing of accounts

Please welcome the Last Adam, the Lord Jesus Christ.

Apokatastasis = restoration to the rightful Owner by way of repair/ balancing of accounts.

"Yet the rescuing gift is not exactly parallel to the death-dealing sin. If one man’s sin put crowds of people at the dead-end abyss of separation from God, just think what God’s gift poured through one man, Jesus Christ, will do!

There’s no comparison between that death-dealing sin and this generous, life-giving gift. The verdict on that one sin was the death sentence; the verdict on the many sins that followed was this wonderful life sentence. If death got the upper hand through one man’s wrongdoing, can you imagine the breathtaking recovery life makes, sovereign life, in those who grasp with both hands this wildly extravagant life-gift, this grand setting-everything-right, that the one man Jesus Christ provides?

Here it is in a nutshell:

Just as one person did it wrong and got us in all this trouble with sin and death, another person did it right and got us out of it. But more than just getting us out of trouble, he got us into life! One man said no to God and put many people in the wrong; one man said yes to God and put many in the right." -MSG-
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity