Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-27-2020, 12:33 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,176,355 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
Every knee will bow. Salvation is not implied here. Everyone - regardless of location - will see God as he is and will bow the knee to Him.
Wrong.

Every person will see their innermost selves. And yes, many will cower in shame - which I suppose is close to kneeling.

Old 07-27-2020, 12:36 PM

63,797 posts, read 40,068,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
He taught that all things, inclusive of all people will be reconciled, even the lost and not yet found but only
a few will comprehend this, as the majority seem to miss it with that veil of HELL and eternal damnation.

Old 07-27-2020, 12:37 PM

1,161 posts, read 466,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero 7 View Post
Ironic, the biggest group of people who have negative NDEs are mostly the fundies.
As a longtime, serious student of the NDE phenomenon, I can assure you that what you say is ABSOLUTELY, POSITIVELY FALSE. See
https://iands.org/distressing-near-d...periences.html.

From the above IANDS summary of the research:
  • "As with the pleasurable NDE, distressing NDEs seem to occur about equally to people of both genders and of all ages, educational levels, socioeconomic levels, sexual orientations, spiritual beliefs, religious affiliations, and life experiences."
  • "Bush (2002) examined the mystical literature of major religions such as Christianity, Judaism, and Buddhism; the research on other non-ordinary states of consciousness probably related to NDEs; and the data on distressing NDEs themselves. She came to the same conclusion as Rommer: Everyone has the potential to have a distressing near-death experience."

Never let reality get in the way of your wishful thinking, eh?

Old 07-27-2020, 12:38 PM

20,439 posts, read 12,783,448 times
Quote:
Every knee will bow. Salvation is not implied here. Everyone - regardless of location - will see God as he is and will bow the knee to Him.
Exactly

Old 07-27-2020, 12:46 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,176,355 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmiej View Post
Exactly
LOL. Those gold stars on the fridge from Sunday school won't do you any good, mrjimmiejr.

Old 07-27-2020, 02:44 PM

2,984 posts, read 3,346,485 times
Quote:
Every knee will bow. Salvation is not implied here. Everyone - regardless of location - will see God as He is and will bow the knee to Him.

Salvation is most certainly NOT implied here!

Assuming you and Jimmie know what it means to be IN/en Christ Jesus, both of you will be on your way to grasping the scope of the confession by all beings in the heavens, earth & underworld.

"That in the name of Jesus every knee should bow (ina en twi onomati Ihsou pan gonu kampsh). First aorist active subjunctive of kamptw, old verb, to bend, to bow, in purpose clause with ina. Not perfunctory genuflections whenever the name of Jesus is mentioned, but universal acknowledgment of the majesty and power of Jesus who carries his human name and nature to heaven. This universal homage to Jesus is seen in Romans 8:22 ; Ephesians 1:20-22 and in particular Revelation 5:13 . Under the earth (katacqoniwn). Homeric adjective for departed souls, subterranean, simply the dead." -A.T. Robertson Word Pictures-

Old 07-27-2020, 03:54 PM

63,797 posts, read 40,068,856 times
Quote:
I am just waiting for you to give me a promise from God... not a quote from some unknown person.
What is the promise from God you use to pretend that Jesus only came to OFFER salvation that we must accept and NOT to achieve it FOR us? What Jesus did is NOT an offer. Salvation is an accomplished fact and it is finished! What remains unfinished for all of us is our sanctification - building upon the foundation of love and reconciliation that Jesus laid for us. We do that by loving God and each other every day and repenting when we don't. Whatever we build (hay, straw, gold, silver, etc.) will be tested in the consuming fire of God's love but we are "saved as by fire" by what Jesus accomplished, NOT what we accept.

Old 07-27-2020, 04:02 PM

45,573 posts, read 27,172,269 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
Wrong.

Every person will see their innermost selves. And yes, many will cower in shame - which I suppose is close to kneeling.
If you say I'm wrong, I'm feeling pretty good about things.

Old 07-27-2020, 04:13 PM

45,573 posts, read 27,172,269 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
What is the promise from God you use to pretend that Jesus only came to OFFER salvation that we must accept and NOT to achieve it FOR us? What Jesus did is NOT an offer. Salvation is an accomplished fact and it is finished! What remains unfinished for all of us is our sanctification - building upon the foundation of love and reconciliation that Jesus laid for us. We do that by loving God and each other every day and repenting when we don't. Whatever we build (hay, straw, gold, silver, etc.) will be tested in the consuming fire of God's love but we are "saved as by fire" by what Jesus accomplished, NOT what we accept.
Matthew 7:21-23 - Not everyone who says to Me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter the kingdom of heaven, but he who does the will of My Father who is in heaven will enter. 22 Many will say to Me on that day, ‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in Your name, and in Your name cast out demons, and in Your name perform many miracles?’ 23 And then I will declare to them, ‘I never knew you; DEPART FROM ME, YOU WHO PRACTICE LAWLESSNESS.’

Christ said the underlined... not because everyone would be saved, but because some will not be saved.

Old 07-27-2020, 04:41 PM

11,897 posts, read 3,692,177 times
Quote:
Matthew 7:21-23 - Not everyone who says to Me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter the kingdom of heaven, but he who does the will of My Father who is in heaven will enter. 22 Many will say to Me on that day, ‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in Your name, and in Your name cast out demons, and in Your name perform many miracles?’ 23 And then I will declare to them, ‘I never knew you; DEPART FROM ME, YOU WHO PRACTICE LAWLESSNESS.’

Christ said the underlined... not because everyone would be saved, but because some will not be saved.
What is the end of the world?

It is not the end of the physical world it is the end of all the religious superstitions and fables which will perish

From Cyril- the Bishop of Jerusalem

https://www.newadvent.org/fathers/310115.htm

7. But we seek our own sign of His coming; we Churchmen seek a sign proper to the Church. And the Saviour says, And then shall many be offended, and shall betray one another, and shall hate one another. Matthew 24:10 If you hear that bishops advance against bishops, and clergy against clergy, and laity against laity even unto blood, be not troubled ; for it has been written before. Heed not the things now happening, but the things which are written; and even though I who teach you perish, you shall not also perish with me; nay, even a hearer may become better than his teacher, and he who came last may be first, since even those about the eleventh hour the Master receives. If among Apostles there was found treason, do you wonder that hatred of brethren is found among bishops? But the sign concerns not only rulers, but the people also; for He says, And because iniquity shall abound, the love of the many shall wax cold. Matthew 24:12 Will any then among those present boast that he entertains friendship unfeigned towards his neighbour? Do not the lips often kiss, and the countenance smile, and the eyes brighten forsooth, while the heart is planning guile, and the man is plotting mischief with words of peace?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity