Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-02-2022, 05:39 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,273,602 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by justbyfaith View Post
I stand by my interpretation.

God and me make a majority.
Yes, your interpretation, it is blatantly obvious by reading the next verse it is referring to discernment. You do understand judgement can mean discernment ?

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/judgment

Old 02-02-2022, 05:42 PM

8,039 posts, read 1,835,979 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
Yes, your interpretation, it is blatantly obvious by reading the next verse it is referring to discernment. You do understand judgement can mean discernment ?

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/judgment
Likewise, discernment can mean judgment.

Old 02-02-2022, 05:47 PM

Quote:
Likewise, discernment can mean judgment.
But clearly in the context of Philippians 1 verses 9 and 10 it is meaning discernment. So you believe God wants you to abound in judgement ? Lord help those you are ministering to, they need it.

And this is my prayer: that your love may abound more and more in knowledge and depth of insight,

New Living Translation
I pray that your love will overflow more and more, and that you will keep on growing in knowledge and understanding.

English Standard Version
And it is my prayer that your love may abound more and more, with knowledge and all discernment,

Berean Study Bible
And this is my prayer: that your love may abound more and more in knowledge and depth of insight,

Berean Literal Bible
And this I pray, that your love may abound yet more and more in knowledge and all discernment,

King James Bible
And this I pray, that your love may abound yet more and more in knowledge and in all judgment;

New King James Version
And this I pray, that your love may abound still more and more in knowledge and all discernment,

New American Standard Bible
And this I pray, that your love may overflow still more and more in real knowledge and all discernment,

NASB 1995
And this I pray, that your love may abound still more and more in real knowledge and all discernment,

NASB 1977
And this I pray, that your love may abound still more and more in real knowledge and all discernment,

Amplified Bible
And this I pray, that your love may abound more and more [displaying itself in greater depth] in real knowledge and in practical insight,

Christian Standard Bible
And I pray this: that your love will keep on growing in knowledge and every kind of discernment,

Holman Christian Standard Bible
And I pray this: that your love will keep on growing in knowledge and every kind of discernment,

American Standard Version
And this I pray, that your love may abound yet more and more in knowledge and all discernment;

Aramaic Bible in Plain English
And I pray this, that your love may again increase and abound in knowledge and in all spiritual understanding,

Contemporary English Version
I pray that your love will keep on growing and you will fully know and understand

Douay-Rheims Bible
And this I pray, that your charity may more and more abound in knowledge, and in all understanding:

English Revised Version
And this I pray, that your love may abound yet more and more in knowledge and all discernment;

Good News Translation
I pray that your love will keep on growing more and more, together with true knowledge and perfect judgment,

GOD'S WORD® Translation
I pray that your love will keep on growing because of your knowledge and insight.

International Standard Version
And this is my prayer, that your love will keep on growing more and more with full knowledge and insight,

Literal Standard Version
and this I pray, that your love may abound yet more and more in full knowledge, and all discernment,

NET Bible
And I pray this, that your love may abound even more and more in knowledge and every kind of insight

New Heart English Bible
This I pray, that your love may abound yet more and more in knowledge and all discernment;

Weymouth New Testament
And it is my prayer that your love may be more and more accompanied by clear knowledge and keen perception, for testing things that differ,

World English Bible
This I pray, that your love may abound yet more and more in knowledge and all discernment;

Young's Literal Translation
and this I pray, that your love yet more and more may abound in full knowledge, and all judgment,

Old 02-02-2022, 05:54 PM

Judgment is knowing the difference between right and wrong.

And you would promote that we forsake judgment?

I would say the same to you, that may the Lord help those who are under your influence, they need it.

Old 02-02-2022, 06:02 PM

Quote:
Judgment is knowing the difference between right and wrong.

And you would promote that we forsake judgment?

I would say the same to you, that may the Lord help those who are under your influence, they need it.
Yo are such a piece of work, you do that by discernment. This back on forth between you and I began by you saying love judges (passes judgement), you rejected every attempt to be corrected that it meant discernment. I cannot believe a minister would act this way.

Old 02-02-2022, 09:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
Yo are such a piece of work, you do that by discernment. This back on forth between you and I began by you saying love judges (passes judgement), you rejected every attempt to be corrected that it meant discernment. I cannot believe a minister would act this way.
You're funny...

Of course if judgment means discernment then discernment means judgment.

Old 02-03-2022, 02:54 AM

Quote:
You're funny...

Of course if judgment means discernment then discernment means judgment.

Lol, in the scripture you were referencing it was meaning discernment, you since the weekend on multiple posts were denying that it was discernment and pushing it meant passing judgement. So are you conceding now that Phil 1:9 is referring to discernment not the passing of judgement ?

Quote:
Also, judgment is in perfect accordance with God's agape love (Philippians 1:9 (kjv)).
What do you mean by this? If you say discernment, that is what I have been saying to you the whole time, which you have argued against.

Last edited by pcamps; 02-03-2022 at 03:20 AM..

Old 02-03-2022, 03:43 AM

614 posts, read 172,698 times
Quote:
Jesus and His Holy Spirit are absolutely judgmental.

The Holy Spirit's job is to reprove the world of sin, and of righteousness, and of judgment.

Jesus judged the scribes and Pharisees to be hypocrites.

What do you say to this?

The Bible fully contradicts your point of view that God will not be the judge of everyone.

Don't you see the parallel? When the man-child/Michael comes, he will do what Jesus did.

Jesus' ministry was a prophecy of what he will do. The two witnesses, who are probably representations of the Spirit resting upon Jesus as both Elijah and Elisha, will be resurrected, just like Jesus was.

They only come after the man-child goes to heaven, and the dragon is cast down. This means that the man-child will fight the religious order, just like Jesus did. When you say this, that it approves you for saying that Jesus judged the scribes and Pharisees, it doesn't. If you want to take that line, you condemn yourself.

The man-child will fight exactly what you purport supports you. The dragon is the fulfilled way of judgment that man has chosen to view life through. It was only an infant in the garden, thus only described as a snake. It has grown up now, and is described as a dragon.

What, it seems, that people don't understand is that it isn't sin that separates us from God. It is the knowledge of good and evil. It is a way of thinking. The fixation with sin is part of that. How everybody has to wind up where they deserve is part of that.

Old 02-03-2022, 04:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Am I a Prophet View Post

What, it seems, that people don't understand is that it isn't sin that separates us from God. It is the knowledge of good and evil. It is a way of thinking. The fixation with sin is part of that. How everybody has to wind up where they deserve is part of that.
Without a doubt.

Because of that fixation when reading the scriptures, instead of seeing God and his righteousness in the scriptures, you tend to see sin, judgement, wrath and condemnation and they are the wares you sell to the world. When the people saw Jesus Christ the word of God, what they should have been seeing, including the disciples, is the Father and likewise christians for the best part have the same problem when reading the scriptures, it is sin and all that they believe is associated with it instead of the Father when they read scripture.

Old 02-03-2022, 04:36 AM

Quote:
Jesus and His Holy Spirit are absolutely judgmental.

The Holy Spirit's job is to reprove the world of sin, and of righteousness, and of judgment.

Jesus judged the scribes and Pharisees to be hypocrites.

What do you say to this?

The Bible fully contradicts your point of view that God will not be the judge of everyone.
When the Holy Spirit reproves of sin, it is not to condemn but to make the individual aware there is a life outside of it, which is righteousness (“Everyone who drinks this water will be thirsty again but whoever drinks the water I give them will never thirst AND “Blessed are those who hunger and thirst for righteousness, for they shall be satisfied). In respect to judgement(something very fond to you it appears), it is not the world he is referring to here, but the prince of this world. Your obsession with sin reminds me of that other fella on here, Finn Jarber, who was always beating the drum of judgement.

Last edited by pcamps; 02-03-2022 at 05:09 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity