Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-05-2022, 06:43 PM

63,840 posts, read 40,128,566 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by justbyfaith View Post
I have access by faith into this grace wherein I stand.
The reality is that not all will be saved.
What a sad view of God you have, JBF. It is depressing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
Your reality is you still have an image of God carried over from your unbelieving days and came to faith believing if you didn't you would go to everlasting punishment, if that is the case, then you believe for ALL the wrong reasons.

Old 02-05-2022, 10:14 PM

8,039 posts, read 1,846,500 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
What a sad view of God you have, JBF. It is depressing.
As depressing as you may think it to be, it is according to truth.

And it is important that we adhere to the truth even when it is not palatable to us.

Otherwise we are in danger of doing what was prophesied in 2 Timothy 4:3,

2Ti 4:3, For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears;

Old 02-05-2022, 10:16 PM

Quote:
Lmao, by the scriptures tell me how you came to faith and explain how these passage of scripture you are quoting has got anything to do with how you came to that faith. You are assuming everything Jesus spoke to be an evangelical message, much of what he said was nothing of the sort , but a direct message to those he came to.
I have given my testimony elsewhere on these boards; but will say here that John 7:17 is an integral verse in all that took place to bring me into the saving knowledge of Jesus Christ.

Old 02-05-2022, 10:20 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,312,904 times
Quote:

And it is important that we adhere to the truth even when it is not palatable to us.

2Ti 4:3, For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears;
Sound doctrine = the passed down doctrines and traditions you believe in.

Old 02-05-2022, 10:24 PM

Quote:
Sound doctrine = the passed down doctrines and traditions you believe in.
It = what is biblical...

And yes, it is what has been passed down to a very great extent.

Old 02-05-2022, 11:46 PM

63,840 posts, read 40,128,566 times
Quote:

Our ignorant primitive ancestttttttors did not recognize sound doctrine in what Jesus revealed and demonstrated about God so they misinterpreted thinking it had to be the wrath of God. They were wrong and corrupted the sound doctrine from the very beginning. There seems to be no way to correct the damage Satan has done to Christ's actual Good News Gospel.

Old 02-06-2022, 12:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
Our ignorant primitive ancestttttttors did not recognize sound doctrine in what Jesus revealed and demonstrated about God so they misinterpreted thinking it had to be the wrath of God. They were wrong and corrupted the sound doctrine from the very beginning. There seems to be no way to correct the damage Satan has done to Christ's actual Good News Gospel.
2Ti 3:16, All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:
2Ti 3:17, That the man of God may be perfect, throughly furnished unto all good works.

Sound doctrine is the teaching of holy scripture.

And of course, in the heart of the born again believer, there is no way to "correct" sound doctrine so that the believer might believe what is unsound.

Last edited by justbyfaith; 02-06-2022 at 01:14 AM..

Old 02-06-2022, 05:01 AM

2,029 posts, read 1,366,154 times
Quote:
2Ti 3:16, All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:
2Ti 3:17, That the man of God may be perfect, throughly furnished unto all good works.

Sound doctrine is the teaching of holy scripture.

And of course, in the heart of the born again believer, there is no way to "correct" sound doctrine so that the believer might believe what is unsound.
You have to quit playing the "I believe in scripture and you don't" card. It is the interpretation we disagree over. This is why there are a thousand Christian denominations. Are there verses in the NT you reject? No? Then I hope women remain silent in your church and their heads remained covered the way Paul commanded. There are many other examples. Lastly, I used scripture and prayer (2 years) to confirm UR is the truth. If not, the universe(s) including all that is in it is in a state of suffering forever except for a few in heaven. Does this sound like a sound plan by God to you? Just asking?

Old 02-06-2022, 06:22 AM

37,337 posts, read 28,312,904 times
Quote:
It = what is biblical...

And yes, it is what has been passed down to a very great extent.
Warmed up gravy.

Old 02-06-2022, 09:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero 7 View Post
You have to quit playing the "I believe in scripture and you don't" card. It is the interpretation we disagree over. This is why there are a thousand Christian denominations. Are there verses in the NT you reject? No? Then I hope women remain silent in your church and their heads remained covered the way Paul commanded. There are many other examples. Lastly, I used scripture and prayer (2 years) to confirm UR is the truth. If not, the universe(s) including all that is in it is in a state of suffering forever except for a few in heaven. Does this sound like a sound plan by God to you? Just asking?
Universalism is disproved by the following.

Luk 13:23, Then said one unto him, Lord, are there few that be saved? And he said unto them,
Luk 13:24, Strive to enter in at the strait gate: for many, I say unto you, will seek to enter in, and shall not be able.
Luk 13:25, When once the master of the house is risen up, and hath shut to the door, and ye begin to stand without, and to knock at the door, saying, Lord, Lord, open unto us; and he shall answer and say unto you, I know you not whence ye are:
Luk 13:26, Then shall ye begin to say, We have eaten and drunk in thy presence, and thou hast taught in our streets.
Luk 13:27, But he shall say, I tell you, I know you not whence ye are; depart from me, all ye workers of iniquity.
Luk 13:28, There shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth, when ye shall see Abraham, and Isaac, and Jacob, and all the prophets, in the kingdom of God, and you yourselves thrust out.

Last edited by justbyfaith; 02-06-2022 at 10:28 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity