Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-02-2022, 08:41 AM

8,039 posts, read 1,844,542 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
They didn't, you clearly do.
Please elaborate.

Old 02-02-2022, 10:33 AM

37,337 posts, read 28,304,460 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justbyfaith View Post
Please elaborate.
Calling righteousness, justice and mercy. Saying love judges from your interpretation of Phil 1:9 when it is obvious from the next verse it is meaning discerning and understanding. It is my judgement(discernment) from what you post on here, you interpret verses to suit your fancy.

New Living Translation
I pray that your love will overflow more and more, and that you will keep on growing in knowledge and understanding.

English Standard Version
And it is my prayer that your love may abound more and more, with knowledge and all discernment,

Berean Study Bible
And this is my prayer: that your love may abound more and more in knowledge and depth of insight,

Berean Literal Bible
And this I pray, that your love may abound yet more and more in knowledge and all discernment,

King James Bible
And this I pray, that your love may abound yet more and more in knowledge and in all judgment;

New King James Version
And this I pray, that your love may abound still more and more in knowledge and all discernment,

New American Standard Bible
And this I pray, that your love may overflow still more and more in real knowledge and all discernment,

NASB 1995
And this I pray, that your love may abound still more and more in real knowledge and all discernment,

NASB 1977
And this I pray, that your love may abound still more and more in real knowledge and all discernment,

Amplified Bible
And this I pray, that your love may abound more and more [displaying itself in greater depth] in real knowledge and in practical insight,

Christian Standard Bible
And I pray this: that your love will keep on growing in knowledge and every kind of discernment,

Holman Christian Standard Bible
And I pray this: that your love will keep on growing in knowledge and every kind of discernment,

American Standard Version
And this I pray, that your love may abound yet more and more in knowledge and all discernment;

Aramaic Bible in Plain English
And I pray this, that your love may again increase and abound in knowledge and in all spiritual understanding,

Contemporary English Version
I pray that your love will keep on growing and you will fully know and understand

Douay-Rheims Bible
And this I pray, that your charity may more and more abound in knowledge, and in all understanding:

English Revised Version
And this I pray, that your love may abound yet more and more in knowledge and all discernment;

Good News Translation
I pray that your love will keep on growing more and more, together with true knowledge and perfect judgment,

GOD'S WORD® Translation
I pray that your love will keep on growing because of your knowledge and insight.

International Standard Version
And this is my prayer, that your love will keep on growing more and more with full knowledge and insight,

Literal Standard Version
and this I pray, that your love may abound yet more and more in full knowledge, and all discernment,

NET Bible
And I pray this, that your love may abound even more and more in knowledge and every kind of insight

New Heart English Bible
This I pray, that your love may abound yet more and more in knowledge and all discernment;

Weymouth New Testament
And it is my prayer that your love may be more and more accompanied by clear knowledge and keen perception, for testing things that differ,

World English Bible
This I pray, that your love may abound yet more and more in knowledge and all discernment;

Young's Literal Translation
and this I pray, that your love yet more and more may abound in full knowledge, and all judgment,

Old 02-02-2022, 10:38 AM

Quote:
Calling righteousness, justice and mercy. Saying love judges from your interpretation of Phil 1:9 when it is obvious from the next verse it is meaning discerning and understanding. It is my judgement(discernment) from what you post on here, you interpret verses to suit your fancy.
No, because when the apostles said "judgment", they meant judgment.

You can deny this all you want; or you can heap to yourself teachers, in the translators of other versions than the kjv, to tell you what your itching ears want to hear (2 Timothy 4:3).

Old 02-02-2022, 10:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
Based on your belief about God, your view of His Holy Spirit is completely OPPOSITE of God's Holy Spirit as described, revealed, and unambiguously demonstrated by God incarnate, Jesus Christ on the Cross. The absolutely necessary condition to receive the guidance of the Comforter (Holy Spirit) is to be in the states of mind associated with the Holy Spirit, period.

You cannot have received the guidance of the Holy Spirit because you are in the OPPOSITE state of mind! Those states of mind prevent you from receiving the Holy Spirit because you are NOT in the "mind of Christ." As an aid in being in the "mind of Christ," here are the states of mind of God's true nature (Holy Spirit):

Philippians 2:5-30 King James Version
5 Let this mind be in you, which was also in Christ Jesus:

The Holy Spirit IS the True Nature of God revealed, described, and demonstrated unambiguously by Jesus. He IS agape love, kindness, mercy, compassion, gentleness, unconditional acceptance, empathy, sympathy, tolerance, long-suffering, decency, friendliness, peacefulness, joyfulness, understanding, care, concern, solicitude, solicitousness, sensitivity, tender-heartedness, soft-heartedness, warm-heartedness, warmth, love, brotherly love, tenderness, gentleness, mercifulness, leniency, lenience, consideration, kindness, humanity, humaneness, kind-heartedness, charity, benevolence, and He is non-judgmental.
Quote:
Jesus and His Holy Spirit are absolutely judgmental.

The Holy Spirit's job is to reprove the world of sin, and of righteousness, and of judgment.

Jesus judged the scribes and Pharisees to be hypocrites.

What do you say to this?

The Bible fully contradicts your point of view that God will not be the judge of everyone.

Old 02-02-2022, 10:51 AM

Quote:
No, because when the apostles said "judgment", they meant judgment.

You can deny this all you want; or you can heap to yourself teachers, in the translators of other versions than the kjv, to tell you what your itching ears want to hear (2 Timothy 4:3).
You quoted Phil 1 verse 9 to back this stupid belief that love judges, when if you read it in context with the next verse it is clearly meaning discernment and understanding. Your refusal not to see this is very telling.

This is clearly not meaning passing judgement how you are making out but exactly what virtually every other translation is saying.

New Living Translation
I pray that your love will overflow more and more, and that you will keep on growing in knowledge and understanding.

English Standard Version
And it is my prayer that your love may abound more and more, with knowledge and all discernment,

Berean Study Bible
And this is my prayer: that your love may abound more and more in knowledge and depth of insight,

Berean Literal Bible
And this I pray, that your love may abound yet more and more in knowledge and all discernment,

King James Bible
And this I pray, that your love may abound yet more and more in knowledge and in all judgment;

New King James Version
And this I pray, that your love may abound still more and more in knowledge and all discernment,

And this I pray, that your love may overflow still more and more in real knowledge and all discernment,

NASB 1995

NASB 1977

Amplified Bible
And this I pray, that your love may abound more and more [displaying itself in greater depth] in real knowledge and in practical insight,

Christian Standard Bible

And I pray this, that your love may again increase and abound in knowledge and in all spiritual understanding,

I pray that your love will keep on growing and you will fully know and understand

Douay-Rheims Bible
And this I pray, that your charity may more and more abound in knowledge, and in all understanding:

English Revised Version

Good News Translation
I pray that your love will keep on growing more and more, together with true knowledge and perfect judgment,

GOD'S WORD® Translation
I pray that your love will keep on growing because of your knowledge and insight.

And this is my prayer, that your love will keep on growing more and more with full knowledge and insight,

Literal Standard Version
and this I pray, that your love may abound yet more and more in full knowledge, and all discernment,

NET Bible
And I pray this, that your love may abound even more and more in knowledge and every kind of insight

New Heart English Bible

Weymouth New Testament
And it is my prayer that your love may be more and more accompanied by clear knowledge and keen perception, for testing things that differ,

World English Bible

and this I pray, that your love yet more and more may abound in full knowledge, and all judgment,

Old 02-02-2022, 10:55 AM

Quote:
You quoted Phil 1 verse 9 to back this stupid belief that love judges, when if you read it in context with the next verse it is clearly meaning discernment and understanding. Your refusal not to see this is very telling.

This is clearly not meaning passing judgement how you are making out but exactly what virtually every other translation is saying.

New Living Translation

English Standard Version

Berean Study Bible

Berean Literal Bible

King James Bible

New King James Version

NASB 1995

NASB 1977

Amplified Bible

Christian Standard Bible

Douay-Rheims Bible

English Revised Version

Good News Translation

GOD'S WORD® Translation

Literal Standard Version

NET Bible

New Heart English Bible

Weymouth New Testament

World English Bible

I am kjv-superior in my understanding;

Which is the belief that any time there is a discrepancy between the kjv and other versions, the kjv is accurate and the other versions faulty.

While I certainly believe that we can gain added insight by reading other versions.

It is my belief that the kjv is inspired and inerrant while other versions do not have the same inerrancy.

Old 02-02-2022, 11:06 AM

Quote:
I am kjv-superior in my understanding;

Which is the belief that any time there is a discrepancy between the kjv and other versions, the kjv is accurate and the other versions faulty.

While I certainly believe that we can gain added insight by reading other versions.

It is my belief that the kjv is inspired and inerrant while other versions do not have the same inerrancy.
How come you used the NLT over the weekend when your beloved KJV did not say what you wanted it to ?

Quote:
Justice and righteousness are synonyms.

If you go from one Bible version to another; you can find that in one version it will say "righteousness" and in another "justice".

They are therefore synonymous terms.
one pooly translated version said justice, every other version including your KJV said Righteous. I find this to be shocking from someone claiming to be a minister.

Old 02-02-2022, 01:14 PM

63,818 posts, read 40,109,822 times
Quote:
Also, judgment is in perfect accordance with God's agape love (Philippians 1:9 (kjv)).
That verse tells you to USE agape love more and more in ALL your judgments and discernment, NOT the way that you let judgment abound in your discernment.

Philippians 1:9 King James Version
9 And this I pray, that your love may abound yet more and more in knowledge and in all judgment;

Pcamps is right. This does not refer to the kind of judgment you employ in your interpretations which is negative, unloving, and judgmental.

Old 02-02-2022, 05:33 PM

Quote:
How come you used the NLT over the weekend when your beloved KJV did not say what you wanted it to ?
I believe that the NLT is second to the kjv; as it gives added insight with a thought-by-thought scheme of looking at the original manuscripts; it is often useful to determine the faithful meaning of the kjv any time there is confusion.

Old 02-02-2022, 05:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
That verse tells you to USE agape love more and more in ALL your judgments and discernment, NOT the way that you let judgment abound in your discernment.

Philippians 1:9 King James Version
9 And this I pray, that your love may abound yet more and more in knowledge and in all judgment;

Pcamps is right. This does not refer to the kind of judgment you employ in your interpretations which is negative, unloving, and judgmental.
I stand by my interpretation.

God and me make a majority.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity