Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-31-2022, 11:41 AM

8,039 posts, read 1,844,542 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
Lol, one of the most poorly translated bibles that are out there. You have no idea what righteousness is, the sooner you admit then there is a chance you can learn what it is.

Sin is missing the mark. Righteousness is hitting it.

For he hath made him to be sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in him. 2 Cor 5:21
Surely, you are an expert in Greek and Hebrew that you can make that judgment.

I find that liberal believers will normally question the veracity of those translations that set forth conservative viewpoints.

However, the basis for their questioning is not real scholarship but a liberal bias from their own viewpoint.

Old 01-31-2022, 11:57 AM

37,337 posts, read 28,304,460 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justbyfaith View Post
Surely, you are an expert in Greek and Hebrew that you can make that judgment.

I find that liberal believers will normally question the veracity of those translations that set forth conservative viewpoints.

However, the basis for their questioning is not real scholarship but a liberal bias from their own viewpoint.
Look, I know what righteousness is and it is not what you are trying to make it out it is(not even close) because you saw it in a poorly translated bible. You even just admitted one another post your loyalty to the KJV, so why are you not quoting the verse question from the KJV if like you said it is the word of God? Even a quick look at a dictionary would even prove you wrong.

Old 01-31-2022, 12:23 PM

63,818 posts, read 40,109,822 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
No, JBF. I do not reject anything. I RE-INTERPRET those portions of the Bible that were interpreted and reported by our ancestors using their misguided belief in a wrathful and vengeful War God. I interpret using God as revealed and demonstrated by Jesus Christ on the Cross, NOT my own preferences. That is the lie. You refuse to acknowledge that Jesus revealed God's True Nature and Holy Spirit of agape love and forgiveness on the Cross.
Quote:
The clear understanding that is portrayed by holy scripture is that Jesus died on the Cross for our sins, in our place, as a propitiation (appeasement of wrath and justice) for our sins.

In re-interpreting the Bible to deny this, you deny the very good news that can save you if you would only receive it.
The clear understanding that is portrayed by the interpretations of our ignorant primitive ancestors is that Jesus died on the Cross for our sins, in our place, as a propitiation (appeasement of wrath and justice) for our sins. The TRUTH is that Jesus died on the Cross because of our sins (ignorance, missing the mark, and not knowing what we do) to appease our savage ancestors' wrath and vengeance and demonstrate God's Holy Spirit of agape love and forgiveness even for our savage brutality.

Jesus did what none of us could ever do. He brought God's Holy Spirit to His HUMAN Spirit connecting us permanently with God. When He was "born again" as Spirit (as all human spirits are) He abides with us as the Comforter at the right hand of God at the head of all "born again" human spirits. He also guides us to the Truth God has "written in our hearts" IF we listen to Him when we are in the states of mind associated with His Holy Spirit of agape love. When we are in any OPPOSITE state of mind we cannot receive guidance from the Holy Spirit no matter what we read about what our ancestors thought.

Old 01-31-2022, 04:49 PM

Quote:
Look, I know what righteousness is and it is not what you are trying to make it out it is(not even close) because you saw it in a poorly translated bible. You even just admitted one another post your loyalty to the KJV, so why are you not quoting the verse question from the KJV if like you said it is the word of God? Even a quick look at a dictionary would even prove you wrong.
I suppose that we will have to agree to disagree.

Old 01-31-2022, 04:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
The clear understanding that is portrayed by the interpretations of our ignorant primitive ancestors is that Jesus died on the Cross for our sins, in our place, as a propitiation (appeasement of wrath and justice) for our sins. The TRUTH is that Jesus died on the Cross because of our sins (ignorance, missing the mark, and not knowing what we do) to appease our savage ancestors' wrath and vengeance and demonstrate God's Holy Spirit of agape love and forgiveness even for our savage brutality.

Jesus did what none of us could ever do. He brought God's Holy Spirit to His HUMAN Spirit connecting us permanently with God. When He was "born again" as Spirit (as all human spirits are) He abides with us as the Comforter at the right hand of God at the head of all "born again" human spirits. He also guides us to the Truth God has "written in our hearts" IF we listen to Him when we are in the states of mind associated with His Holy Spirit of agape love. When we are in any OPPOSITE state of mind we cannot receive guidance from the Holy Spirit no matter what we read about what our ancestors thought.
False doctrine and heresy.

The reality is that Jesus died in our place, taking the penalty for our wrongdoing in order that God might shew mercy to us while justice also be satisfied.

I don't know what it is in you that demands that God not be a God of justice.

But it is a great detraction from His character and nature that comes when you teach what you teach.

It seems to me that you would be happy if mass murderers went to heaven and saints went to hell; because that is not justice; and you seem to believe in a God who is not a God of justice.

Jesus did not die to appease the wrath of "our savage ancestors" but of a holy God.

Someone might say, "the wrath of our savage ancestors has no bearing on me today so I don't even need the Cross."

Old 01-31-2022, 05:33 PM

Quote:
I suppose that we will have to agree to disagree.
I am at a loss to what you think is righteousness.

Old 01-31-2022, 07:07 PM

Quote:
I am at a loss to what you think is righteousness.
I believe that righteousness includes being just in one's heart...

It has also been defined as right standing before God.

Old 01-31-2022, 07:41 PM

Quote:
I believe that righteousness includes being just in one's heart...

It has also been defined as right standing before God.
Now you are beginning to get it after researching it. That's a little different from what you were saying over the weekend, that righteousness was God's justice.

Old 01-31-2022, 07:54 PM

Quote:
Now you are beginning to get it after researching it. That's a little different from what you were saying over the weekend, that righteousness was God's justice.
Righteousness is justice.

Old 01-31-2022, 08:02 PM

Quote:
Righteousness is justice.
LOL . So the scriptures us tell us that he is our righteousness and you believe he is our justice

For I say unto you, That except your JUSTICE shall exceed the JUSTICE of the scribes and Pharisees, ye shall in no case enter into the kingdom of heaven.

For he hath made him to be sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the JUSTICE of God in him.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity