Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-03-2022, 06:26 PM

8,039 posts, read 1,846,500 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
Lol, they were not preaching that. Our example in evangelism is the apostles in the scripture, repent and preach that Jesus Christ is the Savior of All.

Paul when he was in Athens said this, tell me where the fire and brimstone is in this message.

16 Now while Paul waited for them at Athens, his spirit was stirred in him, when he saw the city wholly given to idolatry.

17 Therefore disputed he in the synagogue with the Jews, and with the devout persons, and in the market daily with them that met with him.

18 Then certain philosophers of the Epicureans, and of the Stoicks, encountered him. And some said, What will this babbler say? other some, He seemeth to be a setter forth of strange gods: because he preached unto them Jesus, and the resurrection.

19 And they took him, and brought him unto Areopagus, saying, May we know what this new doctrine, whereof thou speakest, is?

20 For thou bringest certain strange things to our ears: we would know therefore what these things mean.

21 (For all the Athenians and strangers which were there spent their time in nothing else, but either to tell, or to hear some new thing.)

22 Then Paul stood in the midst of Mars' hill, and said, Ye men of Athens, I perceive that in all things ye are too superstitious.

23 For as I passed by, and beheld your devotions, I found an altar with this inscription, To The Unknown God. Whom therefore ye ignorantly worship, him declare I unto you.

24 God that made the world and all things therein, seeing that he is Lord of heaven and earth, dwelleth not in temples made with hands;

25 Neither is worshipped with men's hands, as though he needed any thing, seeing he giveth to all life, and breath, and all things;

26 And hath made of one blood all nations of men for to dwell on all the face of the earth, and hath determined the times before appointed, and the bounds of their habitation;

27 That they should seek the Lord, if haply they might feel after him, and find him, though he be not far from every one of us:

28 For in him we live, and move, and have our being; as certain also of your own poets have said, For we are also his offspring.

29 Forasmuch then as we are the offspring of God, we ought not to think that the Godhead is like unto gold, or silver, or stone, graven by art and man's device.

30 And the times of this ignorance God winked at; but now commandeth all men every where to repent:

31 Because he hath appointed a day, in the which he will judge the world in righteousness by that man whom he hath ordained; whereof he hath given assurance unto all men, in that he hath raised him from the dead.

32 And when they heard of the resurrection of the dead, some mocked: and others said, We will hear thee again of this matter.

33 So Paul departed from among them.

34 Howbeit certain men clave unto him, and believed: among the which was Dionysius the Areopagite, and a woman named Damaris, and others with them.
Verse 31.

Old 02-03-2022, 06:44 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,312,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justbyfaith View Post
Verse 31.
lol, no fire and brimstone a judging of the world in righteousness. Are you really a minister ? You are aware that the scriptures tell us that God has shut every person into disobedience so that he shall have mercy upon every person Hebrews 11:32. How does he have mercy on us ? By judging us not in our unbelief but by His righteousness.

He is the Savior of All men

For to this end we toil and strive, because we have our hope set on the living God, who is the Savior of all people, especially of those who believe.

Why especially those that believe ? Because those that believe, experience the life and peace through the knowledge that he that had power of death, the devil has been destroyed. Thus freeing them from the fear of death to experience that which remains when there is no more death....... Abundant Life, a life and peace that this world can never give. You see, no need to use fire and brimstone to coerce the people Tell them the truth about Jesus and He will take care of the rest..

Old 02-03-2022, 07:33 PM

63,840 posts, read 40,128,566 times
Quote:
lol, no fire and brimstone a judging of the world in righteousness. Are you really a minister ? You are aware that the scriptures tell us that God has shut every person into disobedience so that he shall have mercy upon every person Hebrews 11:32. How does he have mercy on us ? By judging us not in our unbelief but by His righteousness.

For to this end we toil and strive, because we have our hope set on the living God, who is the Savior of all people, especially of those who believe.

Why especially those that believe ? Because those that believe, experience the life and peace through the knowledge that he that had power of death, the devil has been destroyed. Thus freeing them from the fear of death to experience that which remains when there is no more death....... Abundant Life, a life and peace that this world can never give. You see, no need to use fire and brimstone to coerce the people Tell them the truth about Jesus and He will take care of the rest..

Old 02-03-2022, 09:47 PM

Quote:

Actually that is Romans 11:32.

And Paul is there speaking of the fact that God will shew mercy to Jew and Gentile alike; not that He will have mercy on every soul.

While, even if God does give mercy to every soul, it does not preclude that some will not be cast into everlasting torments in the lake of fire; for mercy is getting less than what we deserve and that is possible even if a person is cast into everlasting torments; because God may cause the degree of torment to be less than what is actually deserved.

And yes, He is the Saviour of all men...that is who He is...which is not the same thing as saying that all men will be saved. Jesus is the Saviour even of the one who will not receive salvation; but in not receiving salvation that person will not be saved. Which is not to say that Jesus didn't die for them or that He is not the/ir Saviour. If we are faithless, He will remain faithful; for He cannot deny Himself. Which is not to say that what is written in the verse previous is not also true...that if we deny Him, He also will deny us.

Old 02-04-2022, 04:18 AM

614 posts, read 173,215 times
I can show anybody how Universalism is true. I can do it using only what is in both the Old and New Testaments. But, if I do, it seems to always make shipwreck of people, or so they fear. They won't listen because of that fear. People have a hard time understanding that they can stand before God simply on the basis that He loves you, not whether you qualified.

People live in terrible fear. They need judgment and sin to flesh out their worlds. They need somebody else to take the fall. Well, God has met you, and you still can't figure it out!

Take the United States, for example. It is where I live. It is a "democracy." You know what? That doesn't make it part of the kingdom. Try standing up on the promises of democracy. See how far you get, if you come from the wrong background. Yeah, but the people all around you won't see your struggle. They will be too busy believing everything is right about their world. They will be too busy calling white black, and black white just to make certain that they never have to confront that fear.

This Universalist message is the message given in Luke, when Jesus told them he fulfilled the words of the prophecy, for it has come to liberate the captives, and they wanted to throw him over the edge of the cliff. It is despised and held in contempt, by all save the Lord. God is only going to be moving more in this direction, not less.

Old 02-04-2022, 04:19 AM

Quote:

And Paul is there speaking of the fact that God will shew mercy to Jew and Gentile alike; not that He will have mercy on every soul.

While, even if God does give mercy to every soul, it does not preclude that some will not be cast into everlasting torments in the lake of fire; for mercy is getting less than what we deserve and that is possible even if a person is cast into everlasting torments; because God may cause the degree of torment to be less than what is actually deserved.

And yes, He is the Saviour of all men...that is who He is...which is not the same thing as saying that all men will be saved. Jesus is the Saviour even of the one who will not receive salvation; but in not receiving salvation that person will not be saved. Which is not to say that Jesus didn't die for them or that He is not the/ir Saviour. If we are faithless, He will remain faithful; for He cannot deny Himself. Which is not to say that what is written in the verse previous is not also true...that if we deny Him, He also will deny us.
It is very telling how you pick and choose what is literal and what isn't. It Cleary says "SO that he might have mercy on al"l. Do you do the same with which translation you use, you believe the KJV is the pure word of God, but when there's a translation that seemingly supports your belief system, then that is your go to translation.

He is faithful to his word and his word says He IS the Savior of ALL men.

Old 02-04-2022, 09:23 AM

Quote:
It is very telling how you pick and choose what is literal and what isn't. It Cleary says "SO that he might have mercy on al"l. Do you do the same with which translation you use, you believe the KJV is the pure word of God, but when there's a translation that seemingly supports your belief system, then that is your go to translation.

He is faithful to his word and his word says He IS the Savior of ALL men.
Quote:

Old 02-04-2022, 09:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Am I a Prophet View Post
I can show anybody how Universalism is true. I can do it using only what is in both the Old and New Testaments. But, if I do, it seems to always make shipwreck of people, or so they fear. They won't listen because of that fear. People have a hard time understanding that they can stand before God simply on the basis that He loves you, not whether you qualified.

People live in terrible fear. They need judgment and sin to flesh out their worlds. They need somebody else to take the fall. Well, God has met you, and you still can't figure it out!

Take the United States, for example. It is where I live. It is a "democracy." You know what? That doesn't make it part of the kingdom. Try standing up on the promises of democracy. See how far you get, if you come from the wrong background. Yeah, but the people all around you won't see your struggle. They will be too busy believing everything is right about their world. They will be too busy calling white black, and black white just to make certain that they never have to confront that fear.

This Universalist message is the message given in Luke, when Jesus told them he fulfilled the words of the prophecy, for it has come to liberate the captives, and they wanted to throw him over the edge of the cliff. It is despised and held in contempt, by all save the Lord. God is only going to be moving more in this direction, not less.
Universalism is disproved by the following.

Luk 13:23, Then said one unto him, Lord, are there few that be saved? And he said unto them,
Luk 13:24, Strive to enter in at the strait gate: for many, I say unto you, will seek to enter in, and shall not be able.
Luk 13:25, When once the master of the house is risen up, and hath shut to the door, and ye begin to stand without, and to knock at the door, saying, Lord, Lord, open unto us; and he shall answer and say unto you, I know you not whence ye are:
Luk 13:26, Then shall ye begin to say, We have eaten and drunk in thy presence, and thou hast taught in our streets.
Luk 13:27, But he shall say, I tell you, I know you not whence ye are; depart from me, all ye workers of iniquity.
Luk 13:28, There shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth, when ye shall see Abraham, and Isaac, and Jacob, and all the prophets, in the kingdom of God, and you yourselves thrust out.

Old 02-04-2022, 11:01 AM

But God raised him from the dead, freeing him from the agony of death, because it was impossible for death to keep its hold on him.

Peter the Apostle

Since therefore the children share in flesh and blood, he himself likewise partook of the same things, that through death he might destroy the one who has the power of death, that is, the devil, and deliver ALL THOSE who through fear of death were subject to lifelong slavery

Hebrews 2:14-15

Can you imagine being a slave of the fear of death all your life then to hear death has been destroyed ? Not will be if you believe, , it HAS BEEN destroyed. If this doesn't bring peace and joy to you, especially concerning loved ones who have passed, then nothing will.

Old 02-04-2022, 08:27 PM

Quote:
I get it that christians need it to be stated in black n white in the scriptures that all of mankind is universally reconciled back to God, and I think universalists on this thread have done a great job of that, but I honestly don't believe it is necessary though. For I have seen over the past few years remarkable acts of folk being saved, where the one doing the saving has gone above and beyond in their mission, I have even seen animals do likewise, and every time without fail this thought has come to me, "if we being evil would do this then how much more our Heavenly Father". Our Heavenly Father who is not only able to universally save all, but more than willing to do so. So, in mind I have no doubt that the salvation of all is easily attainable because of who the Savior is.
Here is an example of what I am saying. If the so called world would go to such length to save someone, in this case a young Moroccan boy, then how much more our willing and able Heavenly Father.

https://www.foxnews.com/lifestyle/li...e-hope-for-him
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity