Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-10-2022, 07:21 AM

2,029 posts, read 1,364,096 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by justbyfaith View Post
God has given to mankind a measure of sovereignty; even free will; and has chosen not to violate that for whatever reason.

Therefore, even though God is Omnipotent, He does not utilize that Omnipotence in order to force salvation on anyone.

People are indeed able to choose damnation therefore, for whatever reason.

Maybe they think that the preaching of the Cross is foolishness; but for whatever reason they reject the gospel of Jesus Christ; and in doing so they choose damnation for themselves.

...and has chosen not to violate that for whatever reason. <-- you.

That 'whatever' reason is out of pure love. God never forces Himself on anyone out of love. People choose with their free will to go to hell(state of mind) now and when they die. God to them is not even an option. But the love of God is present even in hell and this punishment lasts until vital lesson(s) are learned. When time stops, it does feel like forever though.

Old 02-10-2022, 07:23 AM

4,627 posts, read 1,171,293 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
You do realize it is plainly saying he was not imputing sin, so be reconciled to God?
Yes applicable to Gods elect only !

Old 02-10-2022, 07:50 AM

37,337 posts, read 28,279,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brightfame52 View Post
Yes applicable to Gods elect only !
Aren't you the special one.

Old 02-10-2022, 08:08 AM

20,439 posts, read 12,779,436 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero 7 View Post
I do not see a contradiction. This is an entirely different subject matter. Do not those who love God love Him because He loved us first? God loves saint and sinner alike. Saints reap the rewards, sinners reap death. Your rebuttal has nothing to do with anybody's eternal security.
That’s not what I was addressing. Rather it was your point that we’re OK before God. When we believe Jesus, we are redeemed; without that we are sinners and NOT OK with God. I know God loves sinners, but outside of Christ, we are separated from God by our sinful state.

Last edited by Horn of ‘83; 02-10-2022 at 08:42 AM..

Old 02-10-2022, 09:18 AM

2,029 posts, read 1,364,096 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmiej View Post
That’s not what I was addressing. Rather it was your point that we’re OK before God. When we believe Jesus, we are redeemed; without that we are sinners and NOT OK with God. I know God loves sinners, but outside of Christ, we are separated from God by our sinful state.
God is able to redeem in this life and the next. He conquered all things when He rose again. And yes, all people go through Jesus, there is no other way to God.

Old 02-10-2022, 09:44 AM

Quote:
God is able to redeem in this life and the next. He conquered all things when He rose again. And yes, all people go through Jesus, there is no other way to God.
Including death. And yes it all goes through Jesus' revelation of the Father and the heart of the Father. The blood of Jesus was to never appease the Father, it was shed because for man to overwhelmingly see that he is loved of God. Greater love has no man than laying down his life for his friends. I will wait for the great literalist JBF, to tell me , yea, it was just for his friends.

Old 02-10-2022, 10:36 AM

20,439 posts, read 12,779,436 times
Quote:
That’s not what I was talking about.

Old 02-10-2022, 11:14 AM

63,788 posts, read 40,053,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
No, JBF. I do not reject anything. I RE-INTERPRET those portions of the Bible that were interpreted and reported by our ancestors using their misguided belief in a wrathful and vengeful War God. I interpret using God as revealed and demonstrated by Jesus Christ on the Cross, NOT my own preferences. That is the lie. You refuse to acknowledge that Jesus revealed God's True Nature and Holy Spirit of agape love and forgiveness on the Cross.
Quote:
Originally Posted by justbyfaith View Post
The clear understanding that is portrayed by holy scripture is that Jesus died on the Cross for our sins, in our place, as a propitiation (appeasement of wrath and justice) for our sins.

In re-interpreting the Bible to deny this, you deny the very good news that can save you if you would only receive it.
I will not strive with you, brother, but YOU deny the actual Good News for our ancestors' misguided Bad News interpretations. Jesus was such a beautiful, sinless, loving, healing, and forgiving person, the ONLY interpretation our ignorant primitive ancestors could EVER have for His horrendously unjust and evil treatment is that it HAD TO BE to appease God's wrath for something!! They knew no other God but Moses' wrathful and vengeful War God! 2nd Cor 3:14-17

Old 02-10-2022, 03:02 PM

4,627 posts, read 1,171,293 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
Aren't you the special one.
Its the election of Grace , a world of them that were special Rev 5:9

9 And they sung a new song, saying, Thou art worthy to take the book, and to open the seals thereof: for thou wast slain, and hast redeemed us to God by thy blood out of every kindred, and tongue, and people, and nation;

Old 02-10-2022, 05:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brightfame52 View Post
Its the election of Grace , a world of them that were special Rev 5:9

9 And they sung a new song, saying, Thou art worthy to take the book, and to open the seals thereof: for thou wast slain, and hast redeemed us to God by thy blood out of every kindred, and tongue, and people, and nation;
This place sounds like it is full of bible fundamentalists playing church, its not for me, it would drive me up the wall.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity