Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-14-2022, 06:52 AM

37,337 posts, read 28,299,599 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pneuma View Post
The furnace as scripture states is a place of refinement to burn out the dross. It is an aionian fire or a fire that last for an age. Aionion is the adjective of aion which means age, thus aionion pertains to the age.

When the dross, which pertains to our old man nature is being burned up in the fire of God there is much wailing and gnashing of teeth as our old man nature is being destroyed.
He is not willing to be schooled on anything that is not in the King James English, unless of course it suits what he believes.

Old 02-14-2022, 07:09 AM

11,123 posts, read 6,389,775 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
He is not willing to be schooled on anything that is not in the King James English, unless of course it suits what he believes.
I know, he thinks the kJv is more accurate then the original languages.

Old 02-15-2022, 07:25 AM

8,039 posts, read 1,844,542 times
Quote:
I have also asked you why you are preaching salvation from hell ? when we read the book of Acts and never once read of the Apostles doing so, not even one time. Doesn't this tell you something ?

This is the biggest load of BS I have ever read on here. If we are saved from hell then that is the message the apostles should have preached, considering the consequences of it, but they didn't.
It isn't sufficient for you that Jesus preached these doctrines?

Old 02-15-2022, 07:27 AM

Quote:
Lol this whole thread says otherwise.
When there is no one to contend for the truth, the lie of Universalism reigns unchecked.

But when there is someone to contend for it, that lie is refuted left and right; as this entire thread bears out.

Old 02-15-2022, 07:29 AM

Quote:
We do not obtain everlasting life therefore when we believe in Jesus; but only "age-during" life...

I'm sorry, but that is not the gospel / good news, as I see it.

Old 02-15-2022, 09:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by justbyfaith View Post
It isn't sufficient for you that Jesus preached these doctrines?
Not one time did Jesus preach salvation from hell. That is why thus far you have not come up with even 1 scripture to say that he did. Yes I know he spoke of Sheol, Gehenna and tartarus but he never once said that he came to save us from them.

Old 02-15-2022, 09:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by justbyfaith View Post
When there is no one to contend for the truth, the lie of Universalism reigns unchecked.

But when there is someone to contend for it, that lie is refuted left and right; as this entire thread bears out.
Well here is the gospel we are commanded to teach.

Jesus Christ is the saviour off ALL MEN, specially of those that believe.

That is the gospel whether you believe it or not.

So who here is actually contending for the faith, the one who says Jesus Christ is the saviour of all men or the one who says Jesus Christ is only the potential saviour of all men?

All you are contending for is the failure of Jesus to be able to do what God sent him to do.

Old 02-15-2022, 10:08 AM

For for this we both labour and are reproached, because we hope on the living God, who is Saviour of all men -- especially of those believing We cannot live out the experience of this great salvation unless we are believing, yet, it does not change one iota the fact that God is the Savior of all men.

Old 02-15-2022, 10:12 AM

Quote:
Well here is the gospel we are commanded to teach.

Jesus Christ is the saviour off ALL MEN, specially of those that believe.

That is the gospel whether you believe it or not.

So who here is actually contending for the faith, the one who says Jesus Christ is the saviour of all men or the one who says Jesus Christ is only the potential saviour of all men?

All you are contending for is the failure of Jesus to be able to do what God sent him to do.
It is totally wrong to teach anything other than he is the Savior of all men. Why would you when it is there in black n white ? It doesn't matter if it does not appear to be so (that's because you are looking at things seen rather than in the unseen), we trust what God has said regarding it. I have seen it in the unseen, so I personally cannot believe otherwise.

Old 02-15-2022, 10:29 AM

Quote:
It is totally wrong to teach anything other than he is the Savior of all men. Why would you when it is there in black n white ? It doesn't matter if it does not appear to be so (that's because you are looking at things seen rather than in the unseen), we trust what God has said regarding it. I have seen it in the unseen, so I personally cannot believe otherwise.
Me to brotherly. What it come down to is are you going to believe God will do what he said he will do even when it does not look like he can. I can’t speak for others but I have faith in God to do all he said he would do.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity