Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-13-2022, 12:56 AM

8,039 posts, read 1,866,105 times

Advertisements

Actually, I just now saw your post and have a quick answer for you...

Psa 86:13, For great is thy mercy toward me: and thou hast delivered my soul from the lowest hell.

Old 02-13-2022, 06:41 AM

37,340 posts, read 28,384,654 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justbyfaith View Post
Actually, I just now saw your post and have a quick answer for you...

Psa 86:13, For great is thy mercy toward me: and thou hast delivered my soul from the lowest hell.
Pathetic, something as vitally important as salvation from hell and 1 verse in the whole of scripture that doesn't say what you think it does, are you serious ? Most bible fundamentalists believe Jesus spoke more about hell than anything else, so where's your proof that you were saved from hell?

So the psalmist went to hell and got out of it ?

There is nothing lower in christianity than the belief that Jesus saved us from hell.

Old 02-13-2022, 07:24 AM

2,029 posts, read 1,370,557 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
Pathetic, something as vitally important as salvation from hell and 1 verse in the whole of scripture that doesn't say what you think it does, are you serious ? Most bible fundamentalists believe Jesus spoke more about hell than anything else, so where's your proof that you were saved from hell?

There is nothing lower in christianity than the belief that Jesus saved us from hell.
He DOES save us from hell though. It's just that hell is a state of mind and some people need saving. About 15% of NDE's are negative and whenever anyone cried out to God from hell/darkness, He came for them. Problem is, some take what seems like forever before they call out.

Old 02-13-2022, 07:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero 7 View Post
He DOES save us from hell though. It's just that hell is a state of mind and some people need saving. About 15% of NDE's are negative and whenever anyone cried out to God from hell/darkness, He came for them. Problem is, some take what seems like forever before they call out.
That I would agree with.

It is quite clear to me that the verse below is clear on what we are saved from. Fear actually is the cause of sin.

That by his death he might break the power of him who holds the power of death—that is, the devil— and free those who all their lives were held in slavery by their fear of death

Old 02-13-2022, 11:51 AM

Quote:

I gave you the proof.

Of course Jesus spoke on the subject of hell in Matthew 5:29-30, Matthew 13:41-42, Matthew 13:49-50, Matthew 25:41, Matthew 25:46, Mark 9:42-48, and very likely many other places in holy scripture.

The Old Testament also speaks on the subject, in Proverbs 30:16, Isaiah 33:14, and very likely quite a few other places.

Now it would seem to me that a major aspect of salvation is that it is salvation from hell, especially if certain people are going there.

But of course salvation is primarily from our sins (Matthew 1:21); and in being saved from our sins (from being workers of iniquity) we are saved from being cast into the furnace of fire where there is wailing and gnashing of teeth (Matthew 13:41-42).

Old 02-13-2022, 11:55 AM

Quote:
I gave you the proof.

Of course Jesus spoke on the subject of hell in Matthew 5:29-30, Matthew 13:41-42, Matthew 13:49-50, Matthew 25:41, Matthew 25:46, Mark 9:42-48, and very likely many other places in holy scripture.

The Old Testament also speaks on the subject, in Proverbs 30:16, Isaiah 33:14, and very likely quite a few other places.

Now it would seem to me that a major aspect of salvation is that it is salvation from hell, especially if certain people are going there.

But of course salvation is primarily from our sins (Matthew 1:21); and in being saved from our sins (from being workers of iniquity) we are saved from being cast into the furnace of fire where there is wailing and gnashing of teeth (Matthew 13:41-42).
You have NOT given one single scripture that states we are saved from hell. Stop lying. I am not asking if hell exists , I am asking you to provide scriptures that clearly tell us that we are saved from hell. It should not be that difficult if that is the truth, it's not as if God would hide that from us if it was the truth.

Old 02-13-2022, 12:02 PM

Quote:
You have NOT given one single scripture that states we are saved from hell. Stop lying. I am not asking if hell exists , I am asking you to provide scriptures that clearly tell us that we are saved from hell. It should not be that difficult if that is the truth, it's not as if God would hide that from us if it was the truth.
Psalms 86:13 says it very clearly, impaho.

And I have also shown this truth with a comparison of Matthew 1:21 to Matthew 13:41-42.

Old 02-13-2022, 12:11 PM

Quote:
Psalms 86:13 says it very clearly, impaho.

And I have also shown this truth with a comparison of Matthew 1:21 to Matthew 13:41-42.
lmao. 1 verse that is not even saying he was saved from any form of hell. Read it in context, it is clear the psalmists is talking from a passed experience he had and clearly still in the land of the living.

Matt 1:21 says we are saved from our sins, it does not say we are saved from hell and neither does it insinuate that.

Likewise Matt 13 does not say we are saved from. NOT ONCE did the apostles in all their evangelism mention anything remotely close to being saved from hell.

If we are saved from hell, it would be clearly stated that we are. If you were a honest person, you would admit that if we are saved from hell that the scriptures would say it clearly in black n white.

Old 02-13-2022, 12:17 PM

Quote:
lmao. 1 verse that is not even saying he was saved from any form of hell. Read it in context, it is clear the psalmists is talking from a passed experience he had and clearly still in the land of the living.

Matt 1:21 says we are saved from our sins, it does not say we are saved from hell and neither does it insinuate that.

Likewise Matt 13 does not say we are saved from. NOT ONCE did the apostles in all their evangelism mention anything remotely close to being saved from hell.

If we are saved from hell, it would be clearly stated that we are. If you were a honest person, you would admit that if we are saved from hell that the scriptures would say it clearly in black n white.
Try to think intelligently here...

Since Matthew 13:41-42 tells us that sin will put us in hell and Matthew 1:21 tells us that Jesus can save us from our sins, the obvious conclusion is that Jesus saves us from hell when He saves us from our sins.

Old 02-13-2022, 12:29 PM

Quote:
Try to think intelligently here...

Since Matthew 13:41-42 tells us that sin will put us in hell and Matthew 1:21 tells us that Jesus can save us from our sins, the obvious conclusion is that Jesus saves us from hell when He saves us from our sins.
It says nothing of the sort and you know it, you are assuming the furnace is hell. Tell my what the apostles never once in the book of Acts preached salvation from hell, does not this alone tell you anything ? If your gospel is different from theirs, then your gospel not theirs is the false gospel.

Unto you first God, having raised up his Son Jesus, sent him to bless you, in turning away every one of you >>>>> from his iniquities.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity