Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-08-2021, 08:54 AM

4,637 posts, read 1,182,617 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rose2Luv View Post
Colossians 1:20

"God purposed through Him to reconcile the universe to Himself, making peace through His blood, which was shed upon the Cross to reconcile to Himself through Him, I say, things on earth and things in Heaven."

He initiated the reconciliation of all things to himself. Through the blood of the cross God restored the original harmony. His reign of peace now extends to every visible thing upon the earth as well as those invisible things which are in the heavenly realm. -TMB

***The heavens, ouranos, a place of elevation, from oros, a mountain, from airo, to lift, to raise, to elevate.

“Not only that, but all the broken and dislocated pieces of the universe, people and things, animals and atoms, get properly fixed and fit together in vibrant harmonies, all because of his death.” — MSG
God never intended to reconcile to Himself the devil and his seed Matt 25:41

41 Then shall he say also unto them on the left hand, Depart from me, ye cursed, into everlasting fire, prepared for the devil and his angels:

Matt 23:33

Ye serpents, ye generation[seed] of vipers, how can ye escape the damnation of hell?

Old 12-08-2021, 12:42 PM

7,530 posts, read 3,030,030 times
God's ultimate purpose

http://kingdomandglory.com/allinall.html

#1 God is Love

#2 Ages, Not Eternity

#3 Second Opportunity, Not By Chance

#4 God's Will Saves, Not Man's Will

#5 Equation of the Many

#6 Ta Panta, the All

#7 Subjection of the All

#8 Reconciliation of the All

#9 Drag All to Myself

#10 Every Knee Will Bow

#11 Each in His Own Order

#12 Showbread - His Presence & Purpose

#13 Eonian Life - Knowing God & His Son

#14 View of Some Forefathers

#15 Kingdom Delivered Up

#16 New Creation

#17 Creation's Grand Jubilee - All New!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BNIv1MIXlj8&t=2s

Old 12-09-2021, 01:40 AM

614 posts, read 173,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brightfame52 View Post
zero7

I know its truth Gen 3:14-15

14 And the Lord God said unto the serpent, Because thou hast done this, thou art cursed above all cattle, and above every beast of the field; upon thy belly shalt thou go, and dust shalt thou eat all the days of thy life:

15 And I will put enmity between thee and the woman, and between thy seed and her seed; it shall bruise thy head, and thou shalt bruise his heel.
We might as well get into this. It is important.

Take a look at the creation story again. Consider who the serpent is, in comparison to a dragon. It is the serpent who teaches us something over time, when we consider that something has been happening to it, for it to become a dragon.

There are three main characters who will ever appear in the bible regarding this. They are Adam, Jesus, and the Man-Child of Revelation. Significantly, both Adam and Jesus had to overcome temptations in order to fulfill their journeys. The Man-Child will not. The Man-Child will come fully formed as a later in life epiphany to someone, or some group, apparently. As a consequence, the dragon will seek to devour him when he is born. No tempting for this one. He is different. He is the finger of God! The first thing that he will do, once he has been taken up to heaven, is to cast Satan out of it.

As much as wrestling with our own inner demons is what being tempted by the devil is, so that we can find our best selves, the Man-Child will have no end of that. But he is not a beginning. He is not an origin story. We are not asked to hook up to, or with, him. He is, apparently, very human, and very something else. He has his own name, which only he knows. It gets really strange, I know.

I'm telling you that Jesus' entire three and a half year ministry was a prophetic form for what the Man-Child will do. All of Christianity wants to call him the Anti-Christ. They don't understand, he who takes the Lord at His word cannot be the Anti-Christ. Anti-Christ is coming, alright. But he is rising up from ranks you have not yet imagined will come. They are your ranks. You have not been diligent in keeping them.

Last edited by Am I a Prophet; 12-09-2021 at 01:53 AM.. Reason: the writing process

Old 12-09-2021, 08:19 AM

Do you feel the world is broken?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FkRiYsTN7KY&t=5s

"Sin disturbed relations with God in everything and everyone. So death, this huge abyss separating us from God dominated the landscape." ~MSG

"If (spiritual) death saw the gap in one sin, and grabbed the opportunity to dominate mankind because of one man, how much more may we now seize the advantage to reign in righteousness in this life through that one act of Christ, who declared us innocent by his grace. Grace is out of all proportion in superiority to the transgression." ~TMB

Old 12-09-2021, 11:20 AM

Universalism is a false man made doctrine since it believes the lie that all men are saved or will be saved and have eternal life. Yet the reveals to us that many had not their names written in the book of life from the foundation, which book is indicative of those whom God purposed to save in Christ and give everlasting life Rev 13:8

8 And all that dwell upon the earth shall worship him, whose names are not written in the book of life of the Lamb slain from the foundation of the world.

Rev 17:8

8 The beast that thou sawest was, and is not; and shall ascend out of the bottomless pit, and go into perdition: and they that dwell on the earth shall wonder, whose names were not written in the book of life from the foundation of the world, when they behold the beast that was, and is not, and yet is.

Old 12-09-2021, 11:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Am I a Prophet View Post
We might as well get into this. It is important.

Take a look at the creation story again. Consider who the serpent is, in comparison to a dragon. It is the serpent who teaches us something over time, when we consider that something has been happening to it, for it to become a dragon.

There are three main characters who will ever appear in the bible regarding this. They are Adam, Jesus, and the Man-Child of Revelation. Significantly, both Adam and Jesus had to overcome temptations in order to fulfill their journeys. The Man-Child will not. The Man-Child will come fully formed as a later in life epiphany to someone, or some group, apparently. As a consequence, the dragon will seek to devour him when he is born. No tempting for this one. He is different. He is the finger of God! The first thing that he will do, once he has been taken up to heaven, is to cast Satan out of it.

As much as wrestling with our own inner demons is what being tempted by the devil is, so that we can find our best selves, the Man-Child will have no end of that. But he is not a beginning. He is not an origin story. We are not asked to hook up to, or with, him. He is, apparently, very human, and very something else. He has his own name, which only he knows. It gets really strange, I know.

I'm telling you that Jesus' entire three and a half year ministry was a prophetic form for what the Man-Child will do. All of Christianity wants to call him the Anti-Christ. They don't understand, he who takes the Lord at His word cannot be the Anti-Christ. Anti-Christ is coming, alright. But he is rising up from ranks you have not yet imagined will come. They are your ranks. You have not been diligent in keeping them.
Two seeds of people are being presented in the creation narrative in Gen 3:14-15

14 And the Lord God said unto the serpent, Because thou hast done this, thou art cursed above all cattle, and above every beast of the field; upon thy belly shalt thou go, and dust shalt thou eat all the days of thy life:

15 And I will put enmity between thee and the woman, and between thy seed and her seed; it shall bruise thy head, and thou shalt bruise his heel.

The serpent has a seed and the woman has a seed, its crystal clear. Its the womans seed that is the object of Salvation, not the serpents seed.

Old 12-09-2021, 11:58 AM

Universalism is a false man made doctrine since it doesnt make a difference between the Holy and the general populace of mankind that the holy ones have been separated from. Those who are described as the “saints”, the “brethren”, or the “people of GOD,” are called holy brethren. They are not “holy” because they have never sinned, but rather they are “holy” because they have been set apart from the rank and file of humanity as the elect of GOD, the appointed heirs of salvation from before the foundation of the world. As Peter says. “But ye are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, an holy nation, a peculiar people; that ye should shew forth the praises of him who hath called you out of darkness into his marvellous light.”

That being a chosen generation 1 Pet 2:9

9 But ye are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, an holy nation, a peculiar people; that ye should shew forth the praises of him who hath called you out of darkness into his marvellous light;

The word generation is the greek word genos and means:

Quote:
kindred

offspring

family

stock, tribe, nation

i.e. nationality or descent from a particular people

the aggregate of many individuals of the same nature, kind, sort
Its closely related to the word seed as in Gen 3:15

And I will put enmity between thee and the woman, and between thy seed and her seed; it shall bruise thy head, and thou shalt bruise his heel.

The word seed is zeraʿand means:

Quote:
offspring, descendants, posterity, children
Now the holy nation in 1 Pet 2:9 is also the chosen generation or seed or offspring.

They would be the seed of the woman, The seed of the woman is chosen and separated from the seed of the serpent.

Now universalism denies this !

Old 12-10-2021, 02:21 AM

614 posts, read 173,151 times
Quote:
Two seeds of people are being presented in the creation narrative in Gen 3:14-15

The serpent has a seed and the woman has a seed, its crystal clear. Its the womans seed that is the object of Salvation, not the serpents seed.
Why would you think that I advocated for the serpent? What I am advocating for is a another look. What is it that is the nature of the serpent? Look, it grows, obviously, into the dragon. What was it, though, when it offered temptation, as opposed to hanging about and waiting to consume the Lord's anointed? What's the difference?

I don't live in fear of the devil. This must be about human nature. What is it within us that compels us to act against the kingdom? Why is it characterized this way? What is the lesson?

Is the lesson communal? Does it say something about our collective nature? Is it individual? In this case, is our collective nature subservient to our individuality? Do we all mostly come to the same conclusions, regardless of how far apart we start?

You want to see this as part of a great struggle for power between God and the devil. The devil has no power. You have to understand that. There is no real devil who can do what the superstitious expect from him.

There is only what you must do to become yourself. You must face being and not being. You must make decisions that lean toward not being simply because they are your preferences. Learning wisdom is not only about choosing what makes the most successful construction. Sometimes you pick what you like and it is not the most popular thing, or the right color. Sometimes, you are an individual, and it is alright. Sometimes you are, and it isn't. What is the difference? Who decides?

As a universalist, what this means to me is that even God couldn't create man whole. There are some things He would have to teach him. This is the way He has chosen to do it.

Last edited by Am I a Prophet; 12-10-2021 at 02:32 AM.. Reason: the writing process

Old 12-10-2021, 07:20 AM

The equation is absolutely equal on both sides. polys = polys = polys = polys.

https://www.biblestudytools.com/roma...9-compare.html

"The conclusion is clear: it took just one offense to condemn mankind; one act of righteousness declares the same mankind innocent. The disobedience of the one man exhibits humanity as sinners; the obedience of another man exhibits humanity as righteous. TMB"

“We see then, that as one act of sin exposed the whole race of men to condemnation, so one act of perfect righteousness presents all men freely acquitted in the sight of God!” J.B. Phillips

kathistemi = To cause to be, to set up, to exhibit.

We were not made sinners by our own disobedience; neither were we made righteous by our own obedience.

Old 12-12-2021, 06:08 AM

2,029 posts, read 1,365,644 times
Quote:
God never intended to reconcile to Himself the devil and his seed Matt 25:41

41 Then shall he say also unto them on the left hand, Depart from me, ye cursed, into everlasting fire, prepared for the devil and his angels:

Matt 23:33

Ye serpents, ye generation[seed] of vipers, how can ye escape the damnation of hell?
BF, your satan seed theory is flawed and here is the reason why. The kingdom of God is within us. In Romans 7, Paul talks about the struggle between the flesh and spirit.

Romans 7:21-25

So I find this law at work: Although I want to do good, evil is right there with me. For in my inner being I delight in God’s law; but I see another law at work in me, waging war against the law of my mind and making me a prisoner of the law of sin at work within me. What a wretched man I am! Who will rescue me from this body that is subject to death? Thanks be to God, who delivers me through Jesus Christ our Lord!

So then, I myself in my mind am a slave to God’s law, but in my sinful nature[d] a slave to the law of sin.

What you are not grasping is that God is going to destroy the satan seed for good but that satan seed is within each one of us. That is why the parable about the wheat and tares and God said don't harvest them together, you'll hurt the wheat. That is because in the flesh, this cannot be removed, the battle we all face. All people belong to God and people are spirits, the flesh cannot inherit the kingdom. Satan seed refers to our fleshly , reptilian minds that is in opposition to things of the spirit.

Last edited by Zero 7; 12-12-2021 at 06:57 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity