Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-27-2021, 09:25 PM

11,895 posts, read 3,683,545 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by justbyfaith View Post
Luk 13:23, Then said one unto him, Lord, are there few that be saved? And he said unto them,
Luk 13:24, Strive to enter in at the strait gate: for many, I say unto you, will seek to enter in, and shall not be able.
Luk 13:25, When once the master of the house is risen up, and hath shut to the door, and ye begin to stand without, and to knock at the door, saying, Lord, Lord, open unto us; and he shall answer and say unto you, I know you not whence ye are:
Luk 13:26, Then shall ye begin to say, We have eaten and drunk in thy presence, and thou hast taught in our streets.
Luk 13:27, But he shall say, I tell you, I know you not whence ye are; depart from me, all ye workers of iniquity.
Luk 13:28, There shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth, when ye shall see Abraham, and Isaac, and Jacob, and all the prophets, in the kingdom of God, and you yourselves thrust out.
Luk 13:29, And they shall come from the east, and from the west, and from the north, and from the south, and shall sit down in the kingdom of God.
Luk 13:30, And, behold, there are last which shall be first, and there are first which shall be last.

I find that this scripture teaches us that there are many who will seek to enter in to God's kingdom but shall not be able. They will see Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob, and all the prophets, in the kingdom; while they themselves are thrust out.

This, to me, appears to contradict the UR point of view that everyone will enter in to the kingdom. It is clear in this piece of holy scripture that there are those who will be thrust out of the kingdom.

Questions, comments?
A Kingdom necessarily has different levels

There are also different times relating to different functions

The problem with the overly simplified versions of UR and ET is just lumping everything together and not separating different concepts, metaphors and allegorical things according to what they actually apply to

Old 12-27-2021, 09:34 PM

8,039 posts, read 1,835,979 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meerkat2 View Post
A Kingdom necessarily has different levels

There are also different times relating to different functions

The problem with the overly simplified versions of UR and ET is just lumping everything together and not separating different concepts, metaphors and allegorical things according to what they actually apply to
However, would you say that it is clear according to the scripture presented that there are even many who will not enter into the heavenly kingdom?

Old 12-27-2021, 09:44 PM

63,775 posts, read 40,038,426 times
Quote:
However, would you say that it is clear according to the scripture presented that there are even many who will not enter into the heavenly kingdom?
What Jesus did as a human ensured that no human will ever be separate from God or His kingdom. That does not mean we will all be in the same place or have the same status.

Old 12-27-2021, 11:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
What Jesus did as a human ensured that no human will ever be separate from God or His kingdom. That does not mean we will all be in the same place or have the same status.
Jesus said that many would seek to enter in to the kingdom and would not be able (Luke 13:24); and that there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth when "you" see Abraham, and Isaac, and Jacob, and all the prophets, in the kingdom of God, and "you yourselves" thrust out (Luke 13:28).

Of course God is Omnipresent and His Holy Spirit resides even in hell (Psalms 139:7-8).

The thing is, that, in hell, where men are facing everlasting punishment (Matthew 25:46), the Holy Spirit's function will not be to bring joy to the hearts of men.

It will be to continually convict them and to remind them of the reasons why it is just for God to have placed them there.

Old 12-27-2021, 11:29 PM

63,775 posts, read 40,038,426 times
Quote:
Jesus said that many would seek to enter in to the kingdom and would not be able (Luke 13:24); and that there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth when "you" see Abraham, and Isaac, and Jacob, and all the prophets, in the kingdom of God, and "you yourselves" thrust out (Luke 13:28).

Of course God is Omnipresent and His Holy Spirit resides even in hell (Psalms 139:7-8).

The thing is, that, in hell, where men are facing everlasting punishment (Matthew 25:46), the Holy Spirit's function will not be to bring joy to the hearts of men.

It will be to continually convict them and to remind them of the reasons why it is just for God to have placed them there
That is a sick parody of the concept of justice that is completely irrational and insane.

Old 12-27-2021, 11:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
That is a sick parody of the concept of justice that is completely irrational and insane.
You calling the teaching of God's word irrational and insane is one of the reasons the Holy Spirit might give to you in defense of God's goodness while you are facing everlasting punishment; if you would be inclined to accuse Him of being unjust for having placed you there.

There is no irrationality or insanity in the matter whatsoever.

He will also very likely remind you of the fact that you were warned on this day and the manner in which you were warned.

Of course there is still time for you to repent.

However, I would suggest to you that we cannot boast ourselves of tomorrow for we do not know what a day may bring forth (Proverbs 27:1); and would remind you that time and chance happen to everything (Ecclesiastes 9:11).

So, it would be foolish of you to put off a decision to repent and receive Jesus Christ into your heart as Lord and Saviour.

Old 12-27-2021, 11:56 PM

Another reason God might give for justly placing certain people in hell might be that they gave to certain people a false hope by preaching Universalism; so that those people, trusting in the concepts of Universalism, never did what was necessary to enter into heaven.

Thus, such people are responsible for the lives of certain people being cast into hell because they gave them false hope so that they did not place their hope in what truly matters and what truly saves.

That is an excellent and just reason for God to justly place certain people in hell; if their teaching and doctrine was responsible for others being cast into hell for that they never took the simple step that was required of them.

Rom 10:8, But what saith <the righteousness of faith>? The word is nigh thee, even in thy mouth, and in thy heart: that is, the word of faith, which we preach;
Rom 10:9, That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.
Rom 10:10, For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.
Rom 10:11, For the scripture saith, Whosoever believeth on him shall not be ashamed.
Rom 10:12, For there is no difference between the Jew and the Greek: for the same Lord over all is rich unto all that call upon him.
Rom 10:13, For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.

Old 12-28-2021, 07:09 AM

7,530 posts, read 3,019,505 times
The Archēgos & Teleiōtēs.

There is exactly one passage of Canon using the word "limited". You may rest assured it is not used in reference to the God of un.

The natural earth man, by far the vast depths of humanity, have never seen Him or known Him (yet), but God is their Saviour. Yes, our God is the Saviour of the radical all of mankind, with special emphasis on the malista of His chosen before the foundation of the world.

https://biblehub.com/1_timothy/4-10.htm

Never ever limit the unlimited One, what He begins as Archēgos, He consummates as Teleiōtēs.

Old 12-28-2021, 07:25 AM

7,530 posts, read 3,019,505 times
Everlasting punishment

Search = "everlasting punishment"

Results = 1 verse found (Matt. 25:46)

The five (5) qualifications for aionios kolasis/ everlasting punishment according to the Master of reconciliation =

1.________________?

2.________________?

3.________________?

4.________________?

5.________________?

Answers =

I was hungry, and you gave me no meat. #1

I was thirsty, and you gave me no drink. #2

I was a stranger, and you took me not in. #3

I was naked, and you clothed me not. #4

I was sick, and in prison, and you visited me not. #5

Old 12-28-2021, 03:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rose2Luv View Post
Everlasting punishment

Search = "everlasting punishment"

Results = 1 verse found (Matt. 25:46)

The five (5) qualifications for aionios kolasis/ everlasting punishment according to the Master of reconciliation =

1.________________?

2.________________?

3.________________?

4.________________?

5.________________?

Answers =

I was hungry, and you gave me no meat. #1

I was thirsty, and you gave me no drink. #2

I was a stranger, and you took me not in. #3

I was naked, and you clothed me not. #4

I was sick, and in prison, and you visited me not. #5
Which indicates that everlasting punishment is in fact a reality.

As for who will experience it, I consider that "everlasting punishment" is synonymous with "condemnation"; and this is what the Bible says...

Jhn 3:18, He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.
Jhn 3:19, And this is the condemnation, that light is come into the world, and men loved darkness rather than light, because their deeds were evil.
Jhn 3:20, For every one that doeth evil hateth the light, neither cometh to the light, lest his deeds should be reproved.
Jhn 3:21, But he that doeth truth cometh to the light, that his deeds may be made manifest, that they are wrought in God.

Last edited by justbyfaith; 12-28-2021 at 04:06 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity