Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-13-2021, 01:50 PM

2,029 posts, read 1,363,946 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie24 View Post
How can I explain this to someone who doesn't even know why the scripture was written?

Or worse yet, doesn't care!
I've read the NT so many times someone could say a verse and I knew what book and chapter. Scripture was given to help man but the Word was given to save man, scripture points to this man Jesus. Don't tell me I reject scripture. You refuse to divide the word of God.

Old 08-13-2021, 02:03 PM

4,483 posts, read 1,317,873 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
I love you dearly as my brother, Charlie, but you have to stop saying I deny God's word since I use the Holy Spirit of agape love as revealed by Jesus on the Cross as my source of truth about God. What you read and believe as God's word cannot be properly interpreted and understood if it contradicts or is not consistent with the Holy Spirit of God, Charlie!
I want to be sure to get this straight from you!

Are you or are you not denying scripture when you have said uncountable times that those primitive and barbaric authors of scripture cannot be trusted?

Is that denying scripture? If not, you've got some explaining to do!

Last edited by Charlie24; 08-13-2021 at 02:13 PM..

Old 08-13-2021, 02:31 PM

2,029 posts, read 1,363,946 times
Quote:
I want to be sure to get this straight from you!

Are you or are you not denying scripture when you have said uncountable times that those primitive and barbaric authors of scripture cannot be trusted?

Is that denying scripture? If not, you've got some explaining to do!
I'll take a stab... First off, God never wanted sacrifices to begin with in any part of scripture. He never wanted the Jews to have a king reign over them either, he knew power abused. He also never wanted men and women getting divorced, I could go on and on. What the Jews did was DEMAND harsh laws, demand sacrifices, demand you can divorce your wife and now you have a relationship not to God's liking. Now you have these scribes dictating to people to follow the laws, keep sacrificing, keep making the mistakes...why? Because God does cave in, He knows we're flawed. He wants no divorce but permitted it. The scribes demanded it and made it so. That is not saying scripture is flawed but the human nature writing it down is flawed. Big difference. Last thing, you do know there are entire books written on contradictions in the bible, don't you?

Old 08-13-2021, 02:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero 7 View Post
I'll take a stab... First off, God never wanted sacrifices to begin with in any part of scripture. He never wanted the Jews to have a king reign over them either, he knew power abused. He also never wanted men and women getting divorced, I could go on and on. What the Jews did was DEMAND harsh laws, demand sacrifices, demand you can divorce your wife and now you have a relationship not to God's liking. Now you have these scribes dictating to people to follow the laws, keep sacrificing, keep making the mistakes...why? Because God does cave in, He knows we're flawed. He wants no divorce but permitted it. The scribes demanded it and made it so. That is not saying scripture is flawed but the human nature writing it down is flawed. Big difference. Last thing, you do know there are entire books written on contradictions in the bible, don't you?
I'll have to stop in the first sentence. The sacrifices in the Law of Moses had a purpose and were demanded by God for sin!

When God said he didn't desire sacrifices but mercy, that was the purpose of the sacrifices, the mercy of the forgiveness of sins through Christ's sacrifice. The animal sacrifices represented the sacrifice of Christ.

The reason He said that was because Israel had made the sacrifices a ritual without recognizing Christ in them where was the mercy.

So to say that God never wanted sacrifice is not true!

Old 08-13-2021, 02:55 PM

11,895 posts, read 3,683,545 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero 7 View Post
That is it zero, I don’t see it as caving in though, it is letting nature run its own course, and once it has that is when resurrection is able to happen, that is what is meant by dying you will die ........

There is a difference very great between the higher and lower and the way for them to be at one and at peace is the higher to lower itself to the lower and reform it into its own image

This can not be done forcefully as force, dominion, strife is part of the natural way and is what has caused all the problems in first place

That is why this is said

1Co 2:12**Now we have received, not the spirit of the world, but the spirit which is of God; that we might know the things that are freely given to us of God.
1Co 2:13**Which things also we speak, not in the words which man's wisdom teacheth, but which the Holy Ghost teacheth; comparing spiritual things with spiritual.
1Co 2:14**But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.
1Co 2:15**But he that is spiritual judgeth all things, yet he himself is judged of no man.
1Co 2:16**For who hath known the mind of the Lord, that he may instruct him? But we have the mind of Christ.

There is philosophical and there is theological and the difference between them is great, philosophical endeavours are man centred and theology is God centred

But the 2 get mixed up and corrupted

Which is why this is said

Rom 1:18**For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men, who hold the truth in unrighteousness;
Rom 1:19**Because that which may be known of God is manifest in them; for God hath shewed it unto them.
Rom 1:20**For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse:
Rom 1:21**Because that, when they knew God, they glorified him not as God, neither were thankful; but became vain in their imaginations, and their foolish heart was darkened.
Rom 1:22**Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools,
Rom 1:23**And changed the glory of the uncorruptible God into an image made like to corruptible man, and to birds, and fourfooted beasts, and creeping things.

Rom 1:24**Wherefore God also gave them up to uncleanness through the lusts of their own hearts, to dishonour their own bodies between themselves:
Rom 1:25**Who changed the truth of God into a lie, and worshipped and served the creature more than the Creator, who is blessed for ever. Amen.

Man is “the thing/things” that is/are made that has the ability to understand God/godhead/divinity but it needs to be developed

Old 08-13-2021, 03:16 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,347,403 times
Quote:
I'll have to stop in the first sentence. The sacrifices in the Law of Moses had a purpose and were demanded by God for sin!

When God said he didn't desire sacrifices but mercy, that was the purpose of the sacrifices, the mercy of the forgiveness of sins through Christ's sacrifice. The animal sacrifices represented the sacrifice of Christ.

The reason He said that was because Israel had made the sacrifices a ritual without recognizing Christ in them where was the mercy.

So to say that God never wanted sacrifice is not true!
So, you are now, fully man, and fully god?

Old 08-13-2021, 03:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
So, you are now, fully man, and fully god?
Oh, you didn't know that? All us Fundies think we are God (big G), just ask the URites!

Old 08-13-2021, 03:29 PM

23,128 posts, read 10,426,638 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
I love you dearly as my brother, Charlie, but you have to stop saying I deny God's word since I use the Holy Spirit of agape love as revealed by Jesus on the Cross as my source of truth about God. What you read and believe as God's word cannot be properly interpreted and understood if it contradicts or is not consistent with the Holy Spirit of God, Charlie!
Mystic cant be wrong, his agape love spirit done went and taught him, heck, who needs scripture when you have an agape love spirit whispering in your ear, says his name is Earl.

They call that," Hearing voices."

Old 08-13-2021, 03:31 PM

7,530 posts, read 3,020,870 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meerkat2 View Post
Man is “the thing/things” that is/are made that has the ability to understand God/godhead/divinity but it needs to be developed
Coming to know God is a process of becoming. The development is one of progressive experiences of His drawing in grace from where we are to where He is. It is called the mystery of Godliness, emanating from the Prince-Leader of Glory catching the followers of His into union and communion exceeding words to describe.

Old 08-13-2021, 03:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rose2Luv View Post
Coming to know God is a process of becoming. The development is one of progressive experiences of His drawing in grace from where we are to where He is. It is called the mystery of Godliness, emanating from the Prince-Leader of Glory catching the followers of His into union and communion exceeding words to describe.
The scripture calls it our sanctification.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity