Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-09-2021, 09:42 PM

4,483 posts, read 1,321,543 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
I have tried various ways to explain it to them both, Jer. They are too indoctrinated into ROTE memorization of the traditional dogma. They do not have the desire, ability, or inclination to THINK about any of it at all.
That would be because we can't find it in scripture. But what we can see is a whole lot of scripture denying!

Do you blame us for that?

Old 07-09-2021, 11:54 PM

8,039 posts, read 1,843,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
[It] is not a literal fire of flames, you really need to educate yourself, as you are sounding more ignorant by the day.
Whatever kind of fire it is, it results in "wailing and gnashing of teeth." (Matthew 13:41-42, Matthew 13:49-50).

Old 07-10-2021, 07:13 AM

614 posts, read 173,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justbyfaith View Post
Whatever kind of fire it is, it results in "wailing and gnashing of teeth." (Matthew 13:41-42, Matthew 13:49-50).
I think we can see by the disciples' story during the outpouring of the Holy Spirit, which was also characterized by fire, that teaching makes a difference. The outpouring was not considered a time when there would be wailing and gnashing of teeth because Jesus had already worked with the disciples to get them to a place where they could accept what was coming.

For the Holy Spirit brings change like a fire does. Jesus said He had come to kindle just such a fire, that would engulf the whole world.

The outpouring came with tongues of fire, but it was not said to burn the disciples up. Then again, maybe that's exactly what it did, but they were in agreement with it? Why wail or gnash your teeth when you are being consumed by beauty? Oh, I guess the selfish self would always see it that way. It is untaught, and sees all things outside itself as threats.

Last edited by Am I a Prophet; 07-10-2021 at 07:17 AM.. Reason: the writing process

Old 07-10-2021, 07:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Am I a Prophet View Post
I think we can see by the disciples' story during the outpouring of the Holy Spirit, which was also characterized by fire, that teaching makes a difference. The outpouring was not considered a time when there would be wailing and gnashing of teeth because Jesus had already worked with the disciples to get them to a place where they could accept what was coming.

For the Holy Spirit brings change like a fire does. Jesus said He had come to kindle just such a fire, that would engulf the whole world.

The outpouring came with tongues of fire, but it was not said to burn the disciples up. Then again, maybe that's exactly what it did, but they were in agreement with it? Why wail or gnash your teeth when you are being consumed by beauty? Oh, I guess the selfish self would always see it that way. It is untaught, and sees all things outside itself as threats.
I just admire that figurative view of scripture that pushes Hell and judgement right out the window.

Were you taught this or did it come from a heart of pure love for mankind?

Old 07-10-2021, 07:30 AM

28,956 posts, read 16,360,776 times
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie24 View Post
I just admire that figurative view of scripture that pushes Hell and judgement right out the window.

Your posts indicate that you lack the ability to comprehend.

Old 07-10-2021, 08:17 AM

614 posts, read 173,011 times
Quote:

You have to love people. I don't mean that out of compulsion. I'm fond of saying that I hate people, as much as I love them.

One day there won't be any hell, nor any judgement. What does that world look like? How much can we operate in that right now?

Old 07-10-2021, 08:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Am I a Prophet View Post
You have to love people. I don't mean that out of compulsion. I'm fond of saying that I hate people, as much as I love them.

One day there won't be any hell, nor any judgement. What does that world look like? How much can we operate in that right now?
Well, if you follow the scripture, and that is very difficult for some, we see that after the judgement those not found written in book of life are cast into the lake of fire. We never hear anything else about those who are damned.

Then we see the righteous inheriting the earth with all traces of sin gone from the new earth. They will forever dwell in the presence of the Lord.

Now that's scripture! But some will argue it's not. But I challenge one and all to prove what I just gave you is not indeed the scriptures way!

Old 07-10-2021, 08:40 AM

28,956 posts, read 16,360,776 times
Quote:
Well, if you follow the scripture, and that is very difficult for some, we see that after the judgement those not found written in book of life are cast into the lake of fire. We never hear anything else about those who are damned.

Then we see the righteous inheriting the earth with all traces of sin gone from the new earth. They will forever dwell in the presence of the Lord.

Now that's scripture! But some will argue it's not. But I challenge one and all to prove what I just gave you is not indeed the scriptures way!
This is an example of how brainwashing and indoctrination works.

Old 07-10-2021, 11:46 AM

11,123 posts, read 6,388,135 times
Quote:
And just what is it you believe the old man nature each of us has does when it experiences the fire?

Well if you have ever experienced the fire of God you would know the old man wails and gnashes his teeth.

Old 07-10-2021, 12:47 PM

11,897 posts, read 3,699,863 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pneuma View Post
And just what is it you believe the old man nature each of us has does when it experiences the fire?

Well if you have ever experienced the fire of God you would know the old man wails and gnashes his teeth.
Yep, he does!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity