Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-09-2021, 05:50 PM

8,039 posts, read 1,837,694 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
Actually, I use my God given intelligence and ability to reason, along with understanding the various languages of that day, among other things. Including being guided by the Spirit within, which is of God.

You never have, nor will you ever be my teacher.
You certainly have the right to reject anything and everything that I might have to teach you.

It does not change the fact that you will be held accountable for it on your day of judgment.

Old 07-09-2021, 06:15 PM

7,530 posts, read 3,021,446 times
The two children, Dumb & Dumber, continue to "teach" their ramblings of misguided dogma of unending despair.

The kids simply will not listen to anything outside of their miniscule world. They are bad children.

"Therefore consider carefully how you listen. He that has will be given more; whoever does not, even what they think they have will be taken from them.”

Last edited by Rose2Luv; 07-09-2021 at 06:59 PM..

Old 07-09-2021, 06:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rose2Luv View Post
The two children, Dumb & Dumber, continue too "teach" their ramblings of misguided dogma of unending despair.

The kids simply will not listen to anything outside of their miniscule world. They are bad children.

"Therefore consider carefully how you listen. He that has will be given more; whoever does not, even what they think they have will be taken from them.”
More ad hominem...the logical fallacy that many resort to when they don't have any logical ground to stand on.

Old 07-09-2021, 06:21 PM

4,483 posts, read 1,319,170 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rose2Luv View Post
The two children, Dumb & Dumber, continue too "teach" their ramblings of misguided dogma of unending despair.

Sad to say we will find out what is taken from who!

Old 07-09-2021, 06:35 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,349,449 times
Quote:
Actually, I use my God given intelligence and ability to reason, along with understanding the various languages of that day, among other things. Including being guided by the Spirit within, which is of God.

You never have, nor will you ever be my teacher.
Quote:
Originally Posted by justbyfaith View Post
You certainly have the right to reject anything and everything that I might have to teach you.

It does not change the fact that you will be held accountable for it on your day of judgment.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie24 View Post
Sad to say we will find out what is taken from who!
I am looking forward to that day, knowing that you are in for a rude awakening.

Old 07-09-2021, 06:40 PM

Quote:
I am looking forward to that day, knowing that you are in for a rude awakening.
I do not look forward to you having to have a rude awakening on that day.

I would rather you wake up now; so that you can receive salvation through the Cross of Christ and therefore will not find yourself cast into fire on that day when you think there isn't going to be any fire.

Old 07-09-2021, 07:07 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,349,449 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justbyfaith View Post
I do not look forward to you having to have a rude awakening on that day.

I would rather you wake up now; so that you can receive salvation through the Cross of Christ and therefore will not find yourself cast into fire on that day when you think there isn't going to be any fire.
Gehenna is the designation of the valley of Hinnom located outside of Jerusalem. It’s the place where trash, animal carcasses and dead bodies were burned. Now, tell me, is that fire still burning? Of course not, it was only unquenchable, as long as - there was something to burn. You need to do some in depth studying and research, instead of relying on your English translations. In addition, never, is not an indication of forever and ever, neither is it associated with unending torment. It merely means that it will not be extinguished, until its purpose is completed.

Old 07-09-2021, 07:10 PM

Our God is a consuming Fire

Fire Is A Beneficent Agent

How shallow is the common view of fire as only or chiefly a penal agent. Fire, in Scripture, is the element of...

Life Isa. 4:5

Purification Matt. 3:3

Atonement Lev. 16:27

Transformation Pet. 3:10

And never ever of preservation alive for purposes of anguish.

The popular view selects precisely this latter use, never found in Scripture, and represents it as the sole end of Gods fiery judgments! -Thomas Allin (Christ Triumphant)

Old 07-09-2021, 07:12 PM

The Lake of Fire

Fire is the essence of God. It is not a characteristic of His Being.

The Lake is not hell, (all 4 of them). Hells final destination is the Lake of Fire.

The koine Greek defines the Lake with important ingredients, theion and theioo, both of which are rooted in the Source, Theos.

Theion = Divine Fire

The Lake of Fire and Brimstone signifies a fire burning with brimstone; the 'brimstone' or sulphur defines the character of the fire. The Greek word theion translated 'brimstone' is exactly the same word, theion, which means 'divine.'

Last edited by Rose2Luv; 07-09-2021 at 07:23 PM..

Old 07-09-2021, 07:16 PM

Quote:
Gehenna is the designation of the valley of Hinnom located outside of Jerusalem. It’s the place where trash, animal carcasses and dead bodies were burned. Now, tell me, is that fire still burning? Of course not, it was only unquenchable, as long as - there was something to burn. You need to do some in depth studying and research, instead of relying on your English translations. In addition, never, is not an indication of forever and ever, neither is it associated with unending torment. It merely means that it will not be extinguished, until its purpose is completed.
What you don't understand is that the place of judgment called Gehenna is only represented by the trash heap in the valley of Hinnom.

There is a literal fire that is burning to this day in the real Gehenna; and this is what the Bible says about it.

Pro 30:15, The horseleach hath two daughters, crying, Give, give. There are three things that are never satisfied, yea, four things say not, It is enough:
Pro 30:16, The grave; and the barren womb; the earth that is not filled with water; and the fire that saith not, It is enough.

Mar 9:42, And whosoever shall offend one of these little ones that believe in me, it is better for him that a millstone were hanged about his neck, and he were cast into the sea.
Mar 9:43, And if thy hand offend thee, cut it off: it is better for thee to enter into life maimed, than having two hands to go into hell, into the fire that never shall be quenched:
Mar 9:44, Where their worm dieth not, and the fire is not quenched.
Mar 9:45, And if thy foot offend thee, cut it off: it is better for thee to enter halt into life, than having two feet to be cast into hell, into the fire that never shall be quenched:
Mar 9:46, Where their worm dieth not, and the fire is not quenched.
Mar 9:47, And if thine eye offend thee, pluck it out: it is better for thee to enter into the kingdom of God with one eye, than having two eyes to be cast into hell fire:
Mar 9:48, Where their worm dieth not, and the fire is not quenched.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity