Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-12-2021, 10:31 PM

4,483 posts, read 1,317,873 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
oh, YE OF LITTLE FAITH - Charlie!
Charlie does not deserve the grace and mercy he has received from Christ! I will forever be in His debt for pulling me out of that gutter! I consider myself in truth to be the least of all that is His.

But I have promised Him that if the stars fall from heaven I will believe He has allowed it and in charge of things no matter what happens.

I have nothing to offer Him, nothing but my faith, and He has it all!

Old 08-12-2021, 10:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie24 View Post
Charlie does not deserve the grace and mercy he has received from Christ! I will forever be in His debt for pulling me out of that gutter! I consider myself in truth to be the least of all that is His.

But I have promised Him that if the stars fall from heaven I will believe He has allowed it and in charge of things no matter what happens.

I was thinking the other day that I have no idea how many nights and years I would reach in the refrigerator and grab that bottle of Crown Royal, pour a glass full and drink it down for my last drink of that day before bed.

Now for many years I go to bed with the KJV in my hand! I couldn't sleep without a stiff drink back then, and now I can't sleep without my KJV beside me.

He took the bottle out of my hand and replaced it with His Words of promise, how can I not believe Him in any way, especially His Word?

Old 08-12-2021, 11:12 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,344,506 times
Quote:

Quote:
I was thinking the other day that I have no idea how many nights and years I would reach in the refrigerator and grab that bottle of Crown Royal, pour a glass full and drink it down for my last drink of that day before bed.

Now for many years I go to bed with the KJV in my hand! I couldn't sleep without a stiff drink back then, and now I can't sleep without my KJV beside me.

He took the bottle out of my hand and replaced it with His Words of promise, how can I not believe Him in any way, especially His Word?
Healthy faith liberates; it doesn’t enslave.

Old 08-13-2021, 01:08 AM

7,530 posts, read 3,019,505 times
Quote:
The Royal Road is one of becoming like Him, transformed by His love and grace and glory. This not a one step program, but one of gradually dying to yourself. and your faith, and entering into the faith of the Son of God.

When you crash into the living God, the encounter is certain to renovate every square inch of your life’s boat.

Old 08-13-2021, 02:54 AM

614 posts, read 172,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal Flavius View Post
Jesus only came for the lost sheep of the house of Israel, and HE TELLS YOU THIS

Jesus did not come for Jews because THEY ARE ALREADY SAVED.

The sheep of the house of Israel ARE NOT JEWS, HAVE NEVER BEEN JEWS.

That is where Christians.missunderstand EVERYTHING in the New Testament.

The entire book of Roman's is about Israel, not Judah

Paul was an Israeli, Not a Jew, and Paul explains his own adoption in becoming a Jew, and that it why Christian's read Roman's not having a clue what it means.

Paul said," Even us, not of the Jew only, but even us, we can be added to them."

The history of Israel is not Jewish history, Israel did not practice Judaism, Israel had their own temple in their own holy city, with their own priests not of Jerusalem and not of the sons of Aaron.

Is Caine's and Abel the same person?
Is Ishmael and Isaac the same person, the same people?
Is Esau and his people the same people as Jacob and his?

Israel and Judah are not the same people, they are not the same nation, not in the same religion, not beholding to the same holy city, both having a wholley different priesthood, holy days and Sabbaths.

Paul was one of 7000 reserved of Israel, he became a Jew, and he offers Gentiles the same adoption.

Jesus did not come offering a betrothal to a Jew to become a Jew.

He ONLY came for the sheep of Israel, NON JEWS.

The Jews are the saved chosen nation of God, Jesus ONLY came to add Gentiles to that already saved nation, he came to Israelis, not Jews.

Then how was the gentile woman whose daughter was demon possessed able to talk Him into casting it out. He told her the same thing, that He had come for those particular lost sheep. He said to her that it might not be a good idea to cast the children's food to the dogs. Well, she said to Him that even the dogs get to eat the scraps that fall from the children's plates. You know, this was one of those moments when Jesus said something we should listen to. He said, "Great is your faith." Then he said, "Let it be done to you as you have said."

I have been trying to say something about faith in this string. Perhaps this example will help. Faith is about seeing God for who He is. Once that happens, it seems that God notices. I guess you could say that he gave the woman a whole cookie, not just some crumbs. Do you suppose He wanted this example to say something about what He had, really, to give to all mankind? If so, then how doesn't it also support an argument that many say doesn't have any evidence?

Old 08-13-2021, 08:07 AM

7,530 posts, read 3,019,505 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Am I a Prophet View Post
Faith is about seeing God for who He is. Once that happens, it seems that God notices. I guess you could say that he gave the woman a whole cookie, not just some crumbs. Do you suppose He wanted this example to say something about what He had, really, to give to all mankind? If so, then how doesn't it also support an argument that many say doesn't have any evidence?
Coming to know God is a journey of stages. His ultimate purpose is to make us one with Himself in at-one-ment. It is one of becoming, being brought from where we are to where He dwells. It is in degrees of glory leading to transformation.

"We all with unveiled face, beholding the glory of the Lord are being transformed into the same image from one degree of glory to another."

"Nothing between us and God, our faces shining with the brightness of his face. And so we are transfigured much like the Messiah, our lives gradually becoming brighter and more beautiful as God enters our lives and we become like him." -MSG

Old 08-13-2021, 08:30 AM

Quote:
Paul disagrees! He called himself the slave of Christ many times.

Of course you will take that the wrong way, seeing you have no idea as to what he meant!

Old 08-13-2021, 08:57 AM

23,125 posts, read 10,426,638 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Am I a Prophet View Post
Then how was the gentile woman whose daughter was demon possessed able to talk Him into casting it out. He told her the same thing, that He had come for those particular lost sheep. He said to her that it might not be a good idea to cast the children's food to the dogs. Well, she said to Him that even the dogs get to eat the scraps that fall from the children's plates. You know, this was one of those moments when Jesus said something we should listen to. He said, "Great is your faith." Then he said, "Let it be done to you as you have said."

I have been trying to say something about faith in this string. Perhaps this example will help. Faith is about seeing God for who He is. Once that happens, it seems that God notices. I guess you could say that he gave the woman a whole cookie, not just some crumbs. Do you suppose He wanted this example to say something about what He had, really, to give to all mankind? If so, then how doesn't it also support an argument that many say doesn't have any evidence?
You cant change history, you cant change what is. There are Jews of Judah, and the are Israelites of Ephraim.

Jesus came as the messenger of the covenant just as Moses had come before him, Jesus came to perform a wedding between Israel and Judah, but there was only a remnant of Israelis when Gentiles should have.filled their ranks but the Jews made it too hard for Gentiles and so Jesus did what any Jew could do, he invited Israelis to come and convert to Judaism.

You mix up the two as if Israelis were Jews and Jews Israelis.

Israel threw off the law, so God said he would put HIS LAW in their heart, Jews already had the law.

Jesus came to wed Judah and Ephraim but he couldnt do that until he filled the empty ranks of Israel, that is why he said he only came for the sheep of Israel.

Everything you are reading, you missunderstand hecause you dont know who is who, and you dont know their history.

You already know that Gentiles are dogs,you saw him say that he didnt come to help Gentiles, what dont you understand?

The covenant is only for Israel and Judah.

Last edited by Hannibal Flavius; 08-13-2021 at 10:12 AM..

Old 08-13-2021, 09:38 AM

28,956 posts, read 16,344,506 times
Quote:
Quote:
Paul disagrees! He called himself the slave of Christ many times.

Of course you will take that the wrong way, seeing you have no idea as to what he meant!
You are not Paul, and have merely replaced one addiction with that of another called religious fanaticism.

Old 08-13-2021, 10:11 AM

63,777 posts, read 40,038,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal Flavius View Post
You cant history, you cant change what is. There are Jews of Judah, and the are Israelites of Ephraim.
<snip>
You already know that Gentiles are dogs,you saw him say that he didnt come to help Gentiles, what dont you understand?

The covenant is only for Israel and Judah.
You present a very bigoted God, Hanni, and seem so proud of it. I simply do not understand your virulent attitude at all.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity