Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-09-2021, 02:45 PM

7,530 posts, read 3,023,097 times

Advertisements

Review

Search = "will" = 3837

Search = "free will" = 0

Search= "not willingly" = 1

"The creation was made subject to futility not willingly..."

Question =

Why was the creation made subject to futility by our God? ? ?

Old 07-09-2021, 02:49 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,352,130 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
This may be the teaching of the Church which taught you its preference of maintaining human independence (control) or autonomy over others, rather than relying on that which brought all things into existence; and the love for all humanity! You are merely a meme or imitation of what you have been taught, not a teacher of truth or as one who is guided by the Spirit.
Quote:
Originally Posted by justbyfaith View Post
I can say the same thing about you; especially as concerning the statements you have made about my ability to teach, above.
But I do not rely merely on that of the Bible.

Old 07-09-2021, 02:52 PM

7,530 posts, read 3,023,097 times
Good news for the bad news bears

https://www.philhenrypowergospel.org...erish-forever/

The steadfast love of the Lord never ceases: EVER!

Old 07-09-2021, 03:04 PM

8,039 posts, read 1,837,694 times
Quote:
And that is one of the main reasons why your teaching remains in departure from the truth.

Old 07-09-2021, 03:06 PM

8,039 posts, read 1,837,694 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rose2Luv View Post
Review

Search = "will" = 3837

Search = "free will" = 0

Question =

Review...

That is like saying that the doctrine of the Trinity isn't biblical because the word "Trinity" isn't in the Bible.

While I will unequivocally proclaim that both the Trinity and the free will of man are doctrines in the Bible.

Old 07-09-2021, 03:08 PM

4,483 posts, read 1,319,170 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rose2Luv View Post
Review

Search = "will" = 3837

Search = "free will" = 0

Question =

Let's get the whole theme and not just part of it!

Rom. 8:20-21

"For the creature was made subject to vanity, not willingly, but by reason of him who hath subjected the same in hope,

Because the creature itself also shall be delivered from the bondage of corruption into the glorious liberty of the children of God."

The creature is referring to creation!

When Adam sinned all of creation fell (subject to vanity) but not willingly (the rest of creation had nothing to do with the fall, it was Adam's fault).

But by reason of Him who hath subjected the same in hope (it was Him/God that declared the fall of all creation when Adam sinned).

In the next verse, creation shall be delivered from the bondage of corruption by the glorious liberty given by Christ. Christ is the answer for this sin polluted world.

We know that creation will be delivered, but let's see who of man get's delivered. Let's move down to vs. 22-23 to find out!

vs. 22-23

"For we know that the whole creation groaneth and travaileth in pain together until now.

And not only they, but ourselves also, which have the firstfruits of the Spirit, even we ourselves groan within ourselves, waiting for the adoption, to wit, the redemption of our body."

You see, Rose, it's the saved with the indwelling Spirit that are delivered with the rest of Creation to the redemption of our body!

Old 07-09-2021, 03:31 PM

Quote:
This may be the teaching of the Church which taught you its preference of maintaining human independence (control) or autonomy over others, rather than relying on that which brought all things into existence; and the love for all humanity! You are merely a meme or imitation of what you have been taught, not a teacher of truth or as one who is guided by the Spirit.
Quote:
I can say the same thing about you; especially as concerning the statements you have made about my ability to teach, above.
Quote:
Quote:
And that is one of the main reasons why your teaching remains in departure from the truth.
Actually, I use my God given intelligence and ability to reason, along with understanding the various languages of that day, among other things. Including being guided by the Spirit within, which is of God.

You never have, nor will you ever be my teacher.

Old 07-09-2021, 03:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie24 View Post
Let's get the whole theme and not just part of it!

Rom. 8:20-21

"For the creature was made subject to vanity, not willingly, but by reason of him who hath subjected the same in hope,

Because the creature itself also shall be delivered from the bondage of corruption into the glorious liberty of the children of God."

The creature is referring to creation!

When Adam sinned all of creation fell (subject to vanity) but not willingly (the rest of creation had nothing to do with the fall, it was Adam's fault).

But by reason of Him who hath subjected the same in hope (it was Him/God that declared the fall of all creation when Adam sinned).

In the next verse, creation shall be delivered from the bondage of corruption by the glorious liberty given by Christ. Christ is the answer for this sin polluted world.

We know that creation will be delivered, but let's see who of man get's delivered. Let's move down to vs. 22-23 to find out!

vs. 22-23

"For we know that the whole creation groaneth and travaileth in pain together until now.

And not only they, but ourselves also, which have the firstfruits of the Spirit, even we ourselves groan within ourselves, waiting for the adoption, to wit, the redemption of our body."

You see, Rose, it's the saved with the indwelling Spirit that are delivered with the rest of Creation to the redemption of our body!
Rosie understands a great deal more than you will ever comprehend.

Especially, given that rotten fruit of hell that you constantly try to sell.

Old 07-09-2021, 04:24 PM

63,791 posts, read 40,063,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie24 View Post
Tell me, Rose, what this means, just simply explain it, if you can!

Isaiah 59:2

"But your iniquities have separated between you and your God, and your sins have hid his face from you, that he will not hear."

What does the scripture say will happen if you remain this way?
That WAS the state of human consciousness prior to Christ, Charlie. That is what Jesus came to change. He came to bring the Holy spirit of God's consciousness to His HUMAN consciousness to eliminate that separation permanently. That is why our failures and imperfections no longer matter to our salvation after Christ. We still have to be concerned about what we do or do not build (works) on the foundation of agape love and reconciliation laid by Jesus, but we are "saved as by fire" by what Jesus did.

Old 07-09-2021, 05:03 PM

20,439 posts, read 12,781,890 times
Quote:
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity