Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-01-2022, 11:18 PM

8,039 posts, read 1,846,500 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
That is the kind of special pleading stupidity that enables you to accept contradictory beliefs that fear does not cast out love when it always DOES!
How can fear cast out love when love casts out fear?

Love is mote powerful than fear.

Any time you have love and fear in the same place, you are going to find that fear is cast out by love and not the other way around.

With the exception of the fear of the LORD; which will remain in the life of those who have love in order that wisdom may remain.

You are fighting a losing battle here.

Old 01-01-2022, 11:23 PM

Jer 32:38, And they shall be my people, and I will be their God:
Jer 32:39, And I will give them one heart, and one way, that they may fear me for ever, for the good of them, and of their children after them.
Jer 32:40, And I will make an everlasting covenant with them, that I will not turn away from them, to do them good; but I will put my fear in their hearts, that they shall not depart from me.

Psa 19:9, The fear of the LORD is clean, enduring for ever: the judgments of the LORD are true and righteous altogether.

How does love cast out the fear of the Lord when the fear of the LORD endures for ever?

Old 01-02-2022, 07:50 AM

2,029 posts, read 1,366,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justbyfaith View Post
Jer 32:38, And they shall be my people, and I will be their God:
Jer 32:39, And I will give them one heart, and one way, that they may fear me for ever, for the good of them, and of their children after them.
Jer 32:40, And I will make an everlasting covenant with them, that I will not turn away from them, to do them good; but I will put my fear in their hearts, that they shall not depart from me.

Psa 19:9, The fear of the LORD is clean, enduring for ever: the judgments of the LORD are true and righteous altogether.

How does love cast out the fear of the Lord when the fear of the LORD endures for ever?
This just blows my mind.

Let me ask you something justbyfaith, I'm assuming you grew up in a loving family? Did you fear your mother or father? If you got trapped say in an accident and needed help and your mom and dad were near by, would you ask yourself, gee, I wonder if they love me enough to help me?

Fear of God is your mantra? Congratulations, the devils are howling with joy, they got another fundie to spread their message of fear. Remember, the devil is the accuser , he WANTS us to fear. Good job spreading that lie.

Old 01-02-2022, 03:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero 7 View Post
This just blows my mind.

Let me ask you something justbyfaith, I'm assuming you grew up in a loving family? Did you fear your mother or father? If you got trapped say in an accident and needed help and your mom and dad were near by, would you ask yourself, gee, I wonder if they love me enough to help me?

Fear of God is your mantra? Congratulations, the devils are howling with joy, they got another fundie to spread their message of fear. Remember, the devil is the accuser , he WANTS us to fear. Good job spreading that lie.
Ain't no lie.

Job 28:28, And unto man he said, Behold, the fear of the Lord, that is wisdom; and to depart from evil is understanding.

Luk 12:4, And I say unto you my friends, Be not afraid of them that kill the body, and after that have no more that they can do.
Luk 12:5, But I will forewarn you whom ye shall fear: Fear him, which after he hath killed hath power to cast into hell; yea, I say unto you, Fear him.

1Pe 1:17, And if ye call on the Father, who without respect of persons judgeth according to every man's work, pass the time of your sojourning here in fear:

Pro 28:5, Evil men understand not judgment: but they that seek the LORD understand all things.

Old 01-02-2022, 03:16 PM

2,029 posts, read 1,366,154 times
Quote:
Ain't no lie.

Job 28:28, And unto man he said, Behold, the fear of the Lord, that is wisdom; and to depart from evil is understanding.

Luk 12:4, And I say unto you my friends, Be not afraid of them that kill the body, and after that have no more that they can do.
Luk 12:5, But I will forewarn you whom ye shall fear: Fear him, which after he hath killed hath power to cast into hell; yea, I say unto you, Fear him.

1Pe 1:17, And if ye call on the Father, who without respect of persons judgeth according to every man's work, pass the time of your sojourning here in fear:

Pro 28:5, Evil men understand not judgment: but they that seek the LORD understand all things.
Whatever. Live in fear if you want. We are saved by trusting.

Fear not little flock, for it gives your Father great joy to give you the kingdom.

Perfect love casts out fear.

God is love.

Fear is the beginning of wisdom, not the end.

But you don't care, you just parrot verses out of context. Keep doing the devil's work, the accuser.

Old 01-02-2022, 03:23 PM

Quote:
Whatever. Live in fear if you want. We are saved by trusting.

Fear not little flock, for it gives your Father great joy to give you the kingdom.

Perfect love casts out fear.

God is love.

Fear is the beginning of wisdom, not the end.

But you don't care, you just parrot verses out of context. Keep doing the devil's work, the accuser.
The fear of the Lord IS wisdom (Job 28:28).

And love does not cast out the fear of the LORD; it casts out every other kind of fear.

Otherwise love casts out wisdom; and that is not viable in my personal and humble opinion.

You are free to read the context of the scriptures that I have quoted. I believe that you will find that there is nothing in the context that refutes what the scriptures say themselves.

For it is a first rule of hermeneutics that the context of a passage will never contradict the plain meaning of the passage.

But it is the usual cry of the sinner, when he or she is confronted by holy scripture, that the scripture was taken out of context. This is certain people's manner to deny that the scripture that is convicting them even applies to them. They seek to avoid the conviction of the Holy Ghost by crying that the scripture was taken out of context; and that therefore it does not mean what it is saying to them nor does it say what it means.

But the reality is that it does mean what it says and it does say what it means.

Old 01-02-2022, 03:42 PM

11,898 posts, read 3,709,906 times
Quote:
The fear of the Lord IS wisdom (Job 28:28).

And love does not cast out the fear of the LORD; it casts out every other kind of fear.

Otherwise love casts out wisdom; and that is not viable in my personal and humble opinion.

You are free to read the context of the scriptures that I have quoted. I believe that you will find that there is nothing in the context that refutes what the scriptures say themselves.

For it is a first rule of hermeneutics that the context of a passage will never contradict the plain meaning of the passage.

But it is the usual cry of the sinner, when he or she is confronted by holy scripture, that the scripture was taken out of context. This is certain people's manner to deny that the scripture that is convicting them even applies to them. They seek to avoid the conviction of the Holy Ghost by crying that the scripture was taken out of context; and that therefore it does not mean what it is saying to them nor does it say what it means.

But the reality is that it does mean what it says and it does say what it means.
What is being lost is the purpose

There is a duality going on and perfect love casts out fear and that love is the one that remains after prophecy, knowledge, tongues, have passed away by being fulfilled

See 1 Cor 13 and

1Jn 4:18**There is no fear in love; but perfect love casteth out fear: because fear hath torment. He that feareth is not made perfect in love.

Perfect
G5046***(Strong)
τέλειος
teleios
tel'-i-os
From G5056; complete (in various applications of labor, growth, mental and moral character, etc.); neuter (as noun, with G3588) completeness: - of full age, man, perfect.

Old 01-02-2022, 04:15 PM

7,321 posts, read 6,932,054 times
I reverence God.
I love God and want to please Him by being obedient to His wishes.
Omnipresent and omniscient; God knows where things were, where they are, and where things are going.
I want to be in touch and in tune with His program with my life.
Via the HolySpirit Jesus provided, I have communion with God and His blessing, direction, and intervention.
Arguing scriptures does not take the place of a relationship Jesus intended His people.
Satan attempted to use scriptures to distract Jesus (Matthew 4 and you pretend to be smarter than he?
First Christians had no bible, only the disciples and the Holy Spirit to teach them, and most did not have an education.
Share with God your desperation to know and obey Him.
Matthew 5; and 7; 21,22,23
Jesus said, "My sheep know my voice". do you?
Should that be something to be more concerned about in your life?

Old 01-02-2022, 07:59 PM

63,840 posts, read 40,128,566 times
Quote:
This just blows my mind.

All the fear-mongers are spreading Satan's weapon corrupting the love of God and each other in the belief that God will punish them. God is NOT a Godfather. He is our loving Father, Abba!!! Satan's fear of God has ruled for too long and has thoroughly corrupted Christ's Good News Gospel.

Old 01-02-2022, 09:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
All the fear-mongers are spreading Satan's weapon corrupting the love of God and each other in the belief that God will punish them. God is NOT a Godfather. He is our loving Father, Abba!!! Satan's fear of God has ruled for too long and has thoroughly corrupted Christ's Good News Gospel.
You can all join together in agreement against what the Bible teaches;

But God will be your judge on the last day.

Pro 11:21, Though hand join in hand, the wicked shall not be unpunished: but the seed of the righteous shall be delivered.

Pro 16:5, Every one that is proud in heart is an abomination to the LORD: though hand join in hand, he shall not be unpunished.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity