Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-07-2021, 01:45 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,376,582 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by justbyfaith View Post
The above verse indicates that those who do not believe in Jesus shall perish.
I see you remain lost!

Quote:
From what?
How about from yourself, as you appear to be your own worst enemy.

Old 09-07-2021, 03:57 PM

8,039 posts, read 1,846,500 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
I see you remain lost!
No; because I do believe in Jesus Christ of Nazareth; and He is my Lord and Saviour.

Quote:
How about from yourself, as you appear to be your own worst enemy.
The right answer to the question is that they are saved from hell; which would indicate that there is a hell to be saved from.

I don't think that it registers in some people's minds that there is a furnace of fire where there is wailing and gnashing of teeth; that people will be cast into as a form of everlasting punishment.

People exhibit wishful thinking when they tell themselves that it will not last for ever.

They only tell themselves that because they know in their hearts that they are going to be cast therein;

While if they would only repent of their sins and be born again of the Holy Spirit through faith in Jesus and what He did for them on the Cross, they would not have that as their fate any longer; and it would no longer be as abhorrent to them that the justice of the Lord requires that certain people be cast therein.

Last edited by justbyfaith; 09-07-2021 at 04:34 PM..

Old 09-07-2021, 04:33 PM

63,840 posts, read 40,128,566 times
Quote:
While if they would only repent of their sins and be born again of the Holy Spirit through faith in Jesus and what He did for them on the Cross, they would not have that as their fate any longer; and it would no longer be abhorrent to them that the justice of the Lord requires that certain people be cast therein.
Actually, I think that if someone's heart reached the point where it would no longer be abhorrent to them that the justice of the Lord requires that certain people be cast therein, I would be more concerned that they are more likely to be cast into such a place for correction.

Old 09-07-2021, 04:41 PM

8,039 posts, read 1,846,500 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
Actually, I think that if someone's heart reached the point where it would no longer be abhorrent to them that the justice of the Lord requires that certain people be cast therein, I would be more concerned that they are more likely to be cast into such a place for correction.
Edited that post right before you responded to it.

Quote:
While if they would only repent of their sins and be born again of the Holy Spirit through faith in Jesus and what He did for them on the Cross, they would not have that as their fate any longer; and it would no longer be as abhorrent to them that the justice of the Lord requires that certain people be cast therein.
Yes, the doctrine of hell is something that I do find to be abhorrent; but it is not as abhorrent to me as it may have been if I thought that I was going there.

In Philippians 4:8 that which is just is categorized alongside of that which is lovely.

And, whether you like it or not, and whether you believe it or not, the doctrine of hell is a doctrine about justice and is that which is just.

Old 09-07-2021, 05:01 PM

Quote:
The right answer to the question is that they are saved from hell; which would indicate that there is a hell to be saved from.

I don't think that it registers in some people's minds that there is a furnace of fire where there is wailing and gnashing of teeth; that people will be cast into as a form of everlasting punishment.

People exhibit wishful thinking when they tell themselves that it will not last for ever.

They only tell themselves that because they know in their hearts that they are going to be cast therein;

You are full of it!

Old 09-07-2021, 05:13 PM

4,483 posts, read 1,323,729 times
Quote:
You are full of it!
Well then, go to the scripture and show us where he is wrong, LOL!

Old 09-07-2021, 05:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie24 View Post
Well then, go to the scripture and show us where he is wrong, LOL!
Perhaps, you should get an education, as the Scriptures are not the end-all-of one's understanding.
Neither, are they inerrant of infallible given the fact that they were written by men, not that of a god.

Go and learn the parable of the Rich Man and Lazarus, not the story from the man on his Pulpit.

Old 09-07-2021, 05:25 PM

Quote:
Perhaps, you should get an education, as the Scriptures are not the end-all-of one's understanding.
Neither, are they inerrant of infallible given the fact that they were written by men, not that of a god.
There lies your problem, no standard from God! Your standard is what you say it is.

My 5th grade granddaughter has a better concept of scripture!

Old 09-07-2021, 05:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie24 View Post
There lies your problem, no standard from God! Your standard is what you say it is.

My 5th grade granddaughter has a better concept of scripture!
I doubt that if she follows you particular beliefs.

Old 09-07-2021, 05:41 PM

Quote:
I doubt that if she follows you particular beliefs.
There's no doubt she holds none of yours!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity