Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-06-2021, 03:44 AM

7,530 posts, read 3,019,505 times

Advertisements

The Lord our God is NOT a failure.

"If you have heard that the heathen (who have never had an opportunity to hear of Jesus) will be tormented forever for not believing in Him, then you've heard that God is a failure. If you've heard that man's puny will can withstand the omnipotent will of God, and that man's will can paralyze God's will, then you have heard that God is a failure." ~Eleanor Garrod

"The Blesser of every created thing and can give nothing but blessing, goodness, and happiness from himself because he has in himself nothing else to give. It is much more possible for the sun to give forth darkness, than for God to do, or be, or give forth anything but blessing and goodness." ~William Law

"To argue that God is 'trying His best' to save all mankind, but that the majority of men will not let Him save them, is to insist that the will of the Creator is impotent, and that the will of the creature is omnipotent." ~A. W. Pink

Old 09-06-2021, 05:33 AM

2,029 posts, read 1,363,628 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal Flavius View Post
Dude thinks I should be punished a trillion quadrillion, trillion, trillion years, and I believe in Jesus.

Would you consider that judging others?

I mean, he has no problem with me being tortured for eternity?

What did I do?

What kind of dog/swine/rat am I that my 70 years in life deserved such punishment?

That is some harsh judgement, who would follow such an evil idea?
Tortured forever? The koran states those who flesh is burned away in hell get new flesh and bone, so it can burn again and again and again. This is called mercy, God's mercy.

I'm just wondering out loud here, would anyone get used to it after awhile? I mean, being cramped into a 6X6 oven set for 666 degrees, man that's gotta bite. Too bad for all those millions of muslims, hindus, etc who never heard the gospel, must suck to be them.

Old 09-06-2021, 06:47 AM

11,123 posts, read 6,381,552 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justbyfaith View Post
The Bible teaches, in the words of Jesus, that only a few are saved; in Matthew 7:13-14.
The bible also teaches that those of faith would be as the sands of the seashore and the stars of heaven, so obviously your doctrine cannot be reconciled with the promise of God to abe. However the good news of the salvation of all can be.

That is just one more scripture you try to use but have no understanding of.

Old 09-06-2021, 06:57 AM

11,123 posts, read 6,381,552 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal Flavius View Post
You are quoting parables about the day of division," Rosh Hashanah," over and over talking about the division.

He divides YOU.

The tare IS IN YOU.

God will divide the two women at the wheel and the two men in a bed BECAUSE it was to be a betrothed bride submissive to the will of her bridegroom, not two men in a bed or two women at the wheel." PARABLE."

All those.parables are of the feasts, the wheat harvest IS THE.WHEAT HARVEST, PENTECOST. The conclusion of.the first season.

Pentecost concludes the first season, THE END OF THE AGE, now you are standing in Rosh Hashanah having tossed out the lawless one from your life and if you dont accomplish that while alive, it will take place in death.

Everything you quote is of Rosh Hashanah and you dont know it because you dont study the sacrifices of Jesus, member?

PARABLES
he understands nothing of the old man nature and until he does scripture will always be a mystery to him.

Old 09-06-2021, 11:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pneuma View Post
he understands nothing of the old man nature and until he does scripture will always be a mystery to him.
Indeed; and out of that old man nature proceeds the folly of his posts.

STOP LOOK LISTEN

He does not stop, he does not look, he does not listen.

"The greatest friend of truth is time, her greatest enemy is prejudice, and her constant companion is humility."

Old 09-06-2021, 11:51 AM

“But I do freely admit this: In regard to the Way, which they malign as a dead-end street, I serve and worship the very same God served and worshiped by all our ancestors and embrace everything written in all our Scriptures. And I admit to living in hopeful anticipation that God will raise the dead, both the good and the bad. If that’s my crime, my accusers are just as guilty as I am. ~MSG

The beautiful heresy

The Beautiful Heresy- Christian Universalism: The Early Church

The 1st 500 years

https://tentmaker.org/books/Prevailing.html

"This I confess unto you, that after the way which they call heresy, so worship I the God of my fathers, believing all things which are written in the law and in the prophets."

Old 09-06-2021, 12:32 PM

4,483 posts, read 1,317,873 times
Quote:
The bible also teaches that those of faith would be as the sands of the seashore and the stars of heaven, so obviously your doctrine cannot be reconciled with the promise of God to abe. However the good news of the salvation of all can be.

At least you say that salvation of all "could be." And I hope you are right, but you have no scripture to support it. Definitely none that counters "the gate that leads to life is narrow and few there be that find it."

If you think of how many people have lived on this earth since the beginning, only a small percentage of those could be saved and the number would still be "the sands of the seashore and the stars of heaven."

Old 09-06-2021, 12:39 PM

23,125 posts, read 10,426,638 times
Quote:

Ephraim, the northern kingdom of Israel IS the sands of the seas.

God ended Israel/Ephraim but the prophets foretell multitudes filling the lost ten tribes.

These multitudes that fill the void in Ephraim are called, " The sands of.the seas."

Revelation, " As was standing on the sands of the seas."

It was said that way as Ephraim's name.

The 7000 who die in the earthquake are Ephraim, it is the day a Gentile becomes a Jew, he dies to Ephraim and becomes Jewish. The whole book is of Ephraim/Israel.

Old 09-06-2021, 12:52 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,344,506 times
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie24 View Post
At least you say that salvation of all "could be."
He distinctly said, "can be" reconciled, whereas JBF's beliefs "cannot be."
So, why did you misrepresent what he said by misquoting him, Charlie?

Old 09-06-2021, 12:58 PM

4,483 posts, read 1,317,873 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
He distinctly said, "can be" reconciled, whereas JBF's beliefs "cannot be."
So, why did you misrepresent what he said by misquoting him, Charlie?
I didn't misquote! He didn't say "will be," he left doubt by saying "can be."

His conversation with JBF has nothing to do with what I pointed out!

But the troublemaker you are, you want to stir the bucket any way you can!

As I have said before, that's all you know how to do!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity