Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-24-2021, 10:56 AM

11,123 posts, read 6,399,584 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmiej View Post
As you can see above, that is not true. A move toward God is required. Jesus said the same in John 3 and also Paul to the Philippian jailer.
Rom.3:3-4
For what if some did not believe? shall their unbelief make the faith of God without effect?

God forbid: yea, let God be true, but every man a liar; as it is written, That thou mightest be justified in thy sayings, and mightest overcome when thou art judged.

Old 07-24-2021, 11:06 AM

20,444 posts, read 12,813,317 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pneuma View Post
For what if some did not believe? shall their unbelief make the faith of God without effect?

God forbid: yea, let God be true, but every man a liar; as it is written, That thou mightest be justified in thy sayings, and mightest overcome when thou art judged.
As has been pointed our earlier, that passage is referring to the Jews and their position as God’s chosen people. The same Apostle Paul, when asked “What must I do to be saved?” said, “Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ.”

Old 07-24-2021, 11:16 AM

Quote:

Quote:
As has been pointed our earlier, that passage is referring to the Jews and their position as God’s chosen people. The same Apostle Paul, when asked “What must I do to be saved?” said, “Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ.”
I agree we need to believe in Jesus Christ jimmie, but our unbelief whether Jew or gentile does not make the faithfulness of God of none effect. 2000 years ago we were reconciled to God through Christ it is a done deal, now we are encouraged and to encourage other to accept that reconciliation.

Old 07-24-2021, 11:23 AM

Quote:
Quote:
I agree we need to believe in Jesus Christ jimmie, but our unbelief whether Jew or gentile does not make the faithfulness of God of none effect. 2000 years ago we were reconciled to God through Christ it is a done deal, now we are encouraged and to encourage other to accept that reconciliation.
Jimmie years ago when I was at tents a lady asked if all are saved why preach the gospel at all? below was my answer to that question and then her reply to my answer. Hopefully it will help you see what I am saying clearer.

Why preach the gospel at all?

Without a doubt this is one of the most frequent question asked of me, everywhere I post I come across this question.

Here is my answer to this question

For me the reason Jesus was sent and the reason Jesus sends us is to free people through Him from sin and death. Salvation is not complete just because one believes Jesus died for them. Believing is only the starting point on our journey toward full salvation, for we are reconciled by His death, but saved by His life.

All men everywhere are already reconciled by His death, this is a done deal because He died 2000 years ago for all men's reconciliation and mans belief or unbelief CANNOT change this fact. If someone does not believe Jesus died for then simply does not change the fact that He did.

So then all men everywhere have already been reconciled, but not all men are yet saved from sin and death.

Therefore Jesus send us out in order to proclaim His salvation by His LIFE.
His death reconciled all men, but His LIFE is what saves all men, this salvation is not a one time deal as such, but is a long process of walking in His LIFE and forsaking our own. Taking up the cross and following Him and enduring unto the end that we might be saved.

Thus we are told to proclaim His death and therefore His reconciliation for all men as a FACT that cannot be disputed , and we are to do this so that the entire world can have the same hope in His LIFE that we to have. Thus it is not by His death that sin and death are defeated but by His LIFE.

When we witness about that which Jesus done, we are first to tell all men that they have been reconciled because of His death, this fact breathes hope into the world that God does indeed love them. Then after people become aware of the fact of this reconciliation by His death we are to proclaim His resurrection. And it is because of the fact that He was resurrected OUT OF DEATH that the world is given hope of the same resurrection OUT OF DEATH. We are NOT saved from death, we are saved OUT OF DEATH, for it was while we were DEAD in sin that He died and was raised to life again for us.

So the resurrection is a moving from DEATH to LIFE, so as He died for all men, so to did He rise for all men, and this is the gospel of the good new toward ALL MEN EVERYWHERE.

If one believes Jesus died for all men, should it not go without saying that when He rose again that it was for all men also? Can we really separate His death from His resurrection? If so, how then can DEATH be swallowed up of LIFE?

God bless

After reading my answer this was her reply back to me.

Dear Pneuma,

I totally agree with your description of the gospel. Yes, we are not only dead in Christ but now alive in Christ, praise God. You are right, Christ's death cannot be separated from His resurrection. It was His resurrection that the disciples preached, you are right. It is His resurrection that is the hope for all mankind. The full gospel is the death and resurrection. I agree He died for all, all are reconciled through His death and all are given life through His resurrection, out of death, as you say. I can't however, get past the point of faith (which is given to us by God in His grace anyway, all have the capacity to believe, or reject) and personal response to accepting this truth for ourselves, as revealed by the Spirit to us. I heard John Bevere give a definition of the word 'believe' in as meaning 'to follow'. Believing (in our terms) is first yes, and then taking up our cross daily and living following Christ, I agree is the full walk of salvation. Again, we can only do any of this by God's grace through faith hey.
I feel the Spirit of God on what you have written and thank you.

Old 07-24-2021, 11:57 AM

7,530 posts, read 3,038,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
The only thing you and your friend from another forum are doing is showing your ignorance.
Both of you are an embarrassment to Christianity, and need to re-educate yourselves.
The re-education process for these two young lads will involve extensive pruning of their attitudes, pride, & refusal to explore anything out of their limited horizon.

The Father's song must be born in you: it cannot be learned.

Old 07-24-2021, 12:03 PM

Magnificent overflow

The Master of the Glory does all things well. He clears the air of the human condition, the disordered mess of struggling humanity to set is right once & for all.

The band-aid of the Law has been swallowed by the Spirit of the living & breathing God.

Our Father Abba = magnificent overflow.

"The whole of created life shall be delivered/ set free from the tyranny of change and decay..."

The Letter to the Romans is a masterpiece that speaks to us of a Day of all days when the futility of change and decay ceases with deliverance by the One who has made us subject to disobedience "not willingly", but "by reason of Him who made it so ."

The curse of sin has its limits, ultimately to be swallowed by the Lord of Life.

"No more let sin and sorrow grow, or thorns infest the ground, He comes to make His blessings flow.....

Far as the curse is found.

Old 07-24-2021, 02:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rose2Luv View Post
The re-education process for these two young lads will involve extensive pruning of their attitudes, pride, & refusal to explore anything out of their limited horizon.

The Father's song must be born in you: it cannot be learned.
What about you? Will you be required to go through any re-education process?

Old 07-24-2021, 02:24 PM

63,901 posts, read 40,178,831 times
Quote:
I find it hard to imagine any normal human being who will NOT need to, Jimmie.

Old 07-24-2021, 02:27 PM

Quote:
Jimmie: Our Father will take every one of us, the good, the bad, and the ugly through the fire of Himself.

In the final analysis His exquisite plan is successful.

“Truth is so obscure in these times, and falsehood so established, that, unless we love the truth, we cannot know it.” ~ Blaise Pascal

Old 07-24-2021, 02:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rose2Luv View Post
Jimmie: Our Father will take every one of us, the good, the bad, and the ugly through the fire of Himself.

In the final analysis His exquisite plan is successful.

“Truth is so obscure in these times, and falsehood so established, that, unless we love the truth, we cannot know it.” ~ Blaise Pascal
Scripture doesn’t say that. Hence why you quote others that has nothing to do with UR.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.