Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-11-2021, 12:38 PM

2,029 posts, read 1,364,334 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pneuma View Post
Yup that those that believe in eternal torment cannot see that they are doing this shows what a strong hold that doctrine of devils has on them. Strong delusions it surely is
If you make eternal torment one of the pillars of your teaching, of course the church will be rotten to the core. The roles of God and Satan reversed. Strong delusion indeed.

What bothers me most about those believing in ET is not so much the ignorance but the apathy.

Old 06-11-2021, 12:43 PM

11,123 posts, read 6,384,908 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero 7 View Post
If you make eternal torment one of the pillars of your teaching, of course the church will be rotten to the core. The roles of God and Satan reversed. Strong delusion indeed.

What bothers me most about those believing in ET is not so much the ignorance but the apathy.
They are pretty much reversed to the point that Satan gets the mass of humanity and God only gets but a few. What a weak view they have of an almighty God.

Old 06-11-2021, 12:46 PM

20,439 posts, read 12,781,890 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero 7 View Post

I can’t speak for everyone, but my church spends much time, money and effort to share the gospel with anyone who will listen. Apathy, I don’t think so!

Old 06-11-2021, 12:48 PM

4,483 posts, read 1,319,793 times
Quote:
They are pretty much reversed to the point that Satan gets the mass of humanity and God only gets but a few. What a weak view they have of an almighty God.
Man, now you're calling Jesus a liar, you really should make an attempt to read scripture before you make such statements. But wait, you don't believe it even if Jesus said it, right.

Matt. 7:13-14

"Enter ye in at the strait gate: for wide is the gate, and broad is the way, that leadeth to destruction, and many there be which go in thereat: because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it."

Old 06-11-2021, 12:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie24 View Post
We believe quite the contrary, with something you don't have, scripture to back up our claims.
Quote:
No regard for rules of interpretation whatsoever, Need I say more?
Lmao you like always have nothing. Surely you can do better then that. Or maybe it is you can't.

There has been hundreds of scripture given in this thread and you deny everyone of them.

Old 06-11-2021, 12:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmiej View Post
I can’t speak for everyone, but my church spends much time, money and effort to share the gospel with anyone who will listen. Apathy, I don’t think so!
Well i am glad you have a church that is helpful to others jimmie. I for one would never say that the belief in eternal torment means those who believe in it cant be kind loving people. However it is a doctrine that simply does not glorify God.

Old 06-11-2021, 12:57 PM

Quote:
Man, now you're calling Jesus a liar, you really should make an attempt to read scripture before you make such statements. But wait, you don't believe it even if Jesus said it, right.

Matt. 7:13-14

"Enter ye in at the strait gate: for wide is the gate, and broad is the way, that leadeth to destruction, and many there be which go in thereat: because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it."
Eek gad Charlie that has been explained to you many times and we have all seen by now how you just ignore everything you dont want to see.

Old 06-11-2021, 01:20 PM

4,483 posts, read 1,319,793 times
Quote:
Eek gad Charlie that has been explained to you many times and we have all seen by now how you just ignore everything you dont want to see.
Why don't you explain it to me, haven't seen that yet.

We need some fun around here, go ahead and explain!

Old 06-11-2021, 02:18 PM

11,895 posts, read 3,692,177 times
Quote:
Well i am glad you have a church that is helpful to others jimmie. I for one would never say that the belief in eternal torment means those who believe in it cant be kind loving people. However it is a doctrine that simply does not glorify God.
Yep

Old 06-11-2021, 02:25 PM

11,895 posts, read 3,692,177 times
Quote:
Quote:
Why don't you explain it to me, haven't seen that yet.

We need some fun around here, go ahead and explain!
Pneuma, It seems to me Charlie at this stage is caught in the attack mode and is wanting verbal fun and games so interacting with him on this only gives him what he wants and you will never convince him .... but others might see, so it may not be a pointless exercise
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity