Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-07-2021, 02:48 PM

4,483 posts, read 1,320,172 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
What you call judgment, I call consequences of our own failures to develop spiritually, Charlie. I don't deny that the consequences exist, but they are NOT judgments imposed on us by God. Our ancestors considered every consequence to be a judgment imposed on them by God, so it is natural they would use the word judgment. But in fact, as our loving Father, God is doing and has been doing the exact opposite. He has provided instructions and warnings to help us avoid those consequences. Jesus is His most significant and important help by eliminating the permanent separation between humans and God caused by our failure to develop perfect agape love. The rest is up to us. He certainly has NOT and would NOT impose any eternal consequence on us for ANY reason, Charlie!
Sorry, Mystic, but the truth is the truth, I can't let you by with it no matter how much I like you!

Let's go to the world's most famous Bible verse.

John 3:16

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life."

What does it mean to perish? Is not "perish" set a contrast to "everlasting life."

You are deceived, Mystic and I can't get through to you!

Even those who are dumb to the scripture can understand this verse.

But you are so caught up in a lie you can't see it.

Even with no scripture back-up whatsoever, you believe the LIE!

Can't you see what you are doing in denying the Words of our Lord Himself?

What punishment do you think is just for calling Christ a liar?

That is what you are doing Mystic, but you will argue!

Old 06-07-2021, 02:54 PM

7,530 posts, read 3,023,833 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
There are over 220 that speak to that of all being reconciled, seek and you shall find them.

There is no such thing as the Christian hell, other than the grave. What you are following is syncretistic; a religion based on Greek and Egyptian beliefs, and predicated on cultural mythologies or that of a false underworld. But I do not expect that you are capable of using reasoning or being rational. Although, you surely can believe "the lie that you won't die."
I will also add,

All passages in KJV referring to hell = 54

https://www.blueletterbible.org/sear...=s_primary_0_1

RSV = 13

https://www.blueletterbible.org/sear...=s_primary_0_1

YLT (Young's Literal) = 0

There are no concordance results for "hell" in the YLT. ZERO

Various Translations =

https://www.tentmaker.org/articles/H...e_Forever.html

"God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved."

Last edited by Rose2Luv; 06-07-2021 at 03:26 PM..

Old 06-07-2021, 03:45 PM

63,797 posts, read 40,068,856 times
Quote:
What you call judgment, I call consequences of our own failures to develop spiritually, Charlie. I don't deny that the consequences exist, but they are NOT judgments imposed on us by God. Our ancestors considered every consequence to be a judgment imposed on them by God, so it is natural they would use the word judgment. But in fact, as our loving Father, God is doing and has been doing the exact opposite. He has provided instructions and warnings to help us avoid those consequences. Jesus is His most significant and important help by eliminating the permanent separation between humans and God caused by our failure to develop perfect agape love. The rest is up to us. He certainly has NOT and would NOT impose any eternal consequence on us for ANY reason, Charlie!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie24 View Post
Sorry, Mystic, but the truth is the truth, I can't let you by with it no matter how much I like you!
Let's go to the world's most famous Bible verse.
For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life."
What does it mean to perish? Is not "perish" set a contrast to "everlasting life."
I think I know what the problem is, Charlie. You think you are just either good or bad and not a mixture. We are NOT all one thing. Based on how we have lived our lives, we have parts of our Spirit that are bad, parts that are good. and parts that are neither good nor bad. The only parts that we can lose (perish) are the bad ones during the refinement of the dross. (BTW, just so you know, one of the translations of the word ἀπόλλυμι (apollymi) is to be lost.)
Quote:
You are deceived, Mystic and I can't get through to you!
Even those who are dumb to the scripture can understand this verse.
But you are so caught up in a lie you can't see it.
Even with no scripture back-up whatsoever, you believe the LIE!
Can't you see what you are doing in denying the Words of our Lord Himself?
What punishment do you think is just for calling Christ a liar?
That is what you are doing Mystic, but you will argue!
Come on, Charlie, the one I am NOT calling a liar is Jesus. The various scribes may or may not have been lying, but they were definitely wrong about many things ACCORDING TO JESUS!

Old 06-07-2021, 04:07 PM

Quote:
I think I know what the problem is, Charlie. You think you are just either good or bad and not a mixture. We are NOT all one thing. Based on how we have lived our lives, we have parts of our Spirit that are bad, parts that are good. and parts that are neither good nor bad. The only parts that we can lose (perish) are the bad ones during the refinement of the dross. (BTW, just so you know, one of the translations of the word ἀπόλλυμι (apollymi) is to be lost.) Come on, Charlie, the one I am NOT calling a liar is Jesus. The various scribes may or may not have been lying, but they were definitely wrong about many things ACCORDING TO JESUS!
Well, what were they wrong about? You may have a legitimate claim, so let's see what it is.

Old 06-07-2021, 04:08 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,354,085 times
Quote:

Do you believe that people will cease to exist, after death?

Old 06-07-2021, 04:47 PM

Quote:
Well, what were they wrong about? You may have a legitimate claim, so let's see what it is.
Ah, Charlie, they have been wrong about the very things you and I have been arguing about!! They have the entire context of who God is and what God wants from us completely wrong. That makes most of their inferences and interpretations of the inspirations received at a minimum questionable. I could begin with Genesis and outline their wrong turns and mistakes but that would take way too much time and we would never reach the New Testament mistakes. Bottom line: The God you have been told you are following is not the God revealed and demonstrated unambiguously by Jesus, Charlie, period!

Old 06-07-2021, 04:52 PM

Quote:
Ah, Charlie, they have been wrong about the very things you and I have been arguing about!! They have the entire context of who God is and what God wants from us completely wrong. That makes most of their inferences and interpretations of the inspirations received at a minimum questionable. I could begin with Genesis and outline their wrong turns and mistakes but that would take way too much time and we would never reach the New Testament mistakes. Bottom line: The God you have been told you are following is not the God revealed and demonstrated unambiguously by Jesus, Charlie, period!
That's what I thought, all talk and no scripture!!!

Old 06-07-2021, 05:26 PM

Quote:
That's what I thought, all talk and no scripture!!!
You are just not even trying, Charlie. How on earth can you believe Jesus could FORGIVE His brutal unrepentant torturers and murderers and then be so unbelievably UNFORGIVING that He would punish anyone else for eternity for ANY reason???? I confess I have no idea how any mind can reconcile that contradiction.

Old 06-07-2021, 05:38 PM

Quote:
You are just not even trying, Charlie. How on earth can you believe Jesus could FORGIVE His brutal unrepentant torturers and murderers and then be so unbelievably UNFORGIVING that He would punish anyone else for eternity for ANY reason???? I confess I have no idea how any mind can reconcile that contradiction.
Because the Son of God was beaten half to death and nailed to a tree when He had done nothing wrong but tell the truth, to pay our sin debt.

Life for life, remember that from the Old Testament? God in His love and mercy will give you life and all that He has, if you accept His Son's atonement.

But if you don't, life for life, He will give you spiritual death, separation from Him for eternity.

Now that's what Jesus preached, and that's the way it is. If you go to hell it will your own fault, not His.

He has made it clear He is a Righteous, sinless, and perfect God that will not allow anyone in His Kingdom who has sin hanging over their heads.

Now you can take that with a grain of salt if you want, but I can assure you He is dead serious about it!

Old 06-07-2021, 08:06 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,354,085 times
Quote:
Because the Son of God was beaten half to death and nailed to a tree when He had done nothing wrong but tell the truth, to pay our sin debt.

Life for life, remember that from the Old Testament? God in His love and mercy will give you life and all that He has, if you accept His Son's atonement.

But if you don't, life for life, He will give you spiritual death, separation from Him for eternity.

Now that's what Jesus preached, and that's the way it is. If you go to hell it will your own fault, not His.

He has made it clear He is a Righteous, sinless, and perfect God that will not allow anyone in His Kingdom who has sin hanging over their heads.

Now you can take that with a grain of salt if you want, but I can assure you He is dead serious about it!
The human death penalty is a life for a life, or retribution for the sake of punishment, and you equate this human justice to that of a god with a greater sense of morality? The only thing you have done is put him on equal footing to that of your human thinking, believing you are his representative. Personally, I believe he is much more capable of dealing with the situation, rather than handing out an infinite punishment without end. Restoring all to new life.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity