Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-04-2021, 11:52 AM

1,091 posts, read 277,660 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rose2Luv View Post

I also believe Acts 16 (a mite broader in scope than Charles).

Startled from sleep, the jailer saw all the doors swinging loose on their hinges. Assuming that all the prisoners had escaped, he pulled out his sword and was about to do himself in, figuring he was as good as dead anyway, when Paul stopped him: “Don’t do that! We’re all still here! Nobody’s run away!”

The jailer got a torch and ran inside. Badly shaken, he collapsed in front of Paul and Silas. He led them out of the jail and asked, “Sirs, what do I have to do to be saved, to really live?”

They said, “Put your entire trust in the Master Jesus. Then you’ll live as you were meant to live—and EVERYONE IN YOUR HOUSE INCLUDED!”
Good to see you my friend. God has sent you with your wonderful faith in the scriptures to bless me, there is no doubt in my mind.

Old 06-04-2021, 11:57 AM

7,530 posts, read 3,019,505 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
In the Presence of the Lamb, you will learn what is right.

It is not about your false teaching of eternal punishment.
Will God's Plan Fail?

Barriers to a Candid Consideration

The spirit of prejudice stands in the way of all new views of truth. Prejudice has been defined as “a judgment or opinion formed without due examination of the facts or reasons that are essential to a just and impartial determination.”

In Bunyan's Holy War, Mr. Prejudice, with sixty deaf men, keeps Ear-gate, one of the most important gates of entry to the city of Mansoul. It is prejudice that blinds the eye, stops the ear, misunderstands and misinterprets everything that comes its way. Its state of mind is not founded on facts but on some feeling of dislike or something of self-interest.

There are those who will not accept any truth unless it is ministered in a certain conventional manner or supported by certain great names. The question “Can there any good thing come out of Nazareth” shows this same principle of partiality.

One would suppose that it was written in the Word that “Whoso believeth in eternal punishment shall be saved.”

Our point of fellowship and union is in the Lord Jesus Christ; and even if many do not accept our teaching on the points before us, we will not pronounce any anathema against them or say they are not Christians, even though we could not take their standpoint without reflecting on the very person and character of God.

One lad said to another whose mother had been washing a bit of linen, ''I see that your mother is a washer-woman.” The other replied, “If I saw your mother pulling your little brother's wagon, ought I call her a horse?”

It is inconsistent with justice to put in the same class all who may profess the same doctrine. A further question needs to be first settled; viz., upon what grounds and for what reasons is this particular truth held? - Charles Pridgeon

Old 06-04-2021, 12:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjGuru View Post
Good to see you my friend. God has sent you with your wonderful faith in the scriptures to bless me, there is no doubt in my mind.
My friend: you have been a wonderful addition to C.D. Thankyou for joining us in singing of Him.

Coming to know God is in stages of His moving's. Yes, from glory to glory, one glory ultimately eclipsed by the following one. Where shall it all end? In Him who is the beginning and the end.

What I really wanted was to fall in love with God. It's amazing what obstacles there are with us, or at least in me, that seems to slow the process.

Old 06-04-2021, 12:23 PM

4,483 posts, read 1,317,873 times
Quote:
I'm UR, and I believe Acts 4:12 as strongly as you do.
So what happens to those who refuse to obey Acts 4:12?

Old 06-04-2021, 01:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie24 View Post
So what happens to those who refuse to obey Acts 4:12?
Their flesh is purged (that is: divided from the spirit and cutoff) from the soul in judgement. (Mat 25:41 and 46). It's really the same thing that happens with the flesh in those that believe now. Their flesh is crucified, that Christ may live:

Gal_2:20 I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me.

Gal_5:24 And they that are Christ's have crucified the flesh with the affections and lusts.

The flesh (ie: the natural man, the carnal nature) of the unbeliever is cast out in judgement. The veil of the flesh that had previously covered (or hidden) the soul from the spirit is removed, and the soul becomes united to Christ in spirit, through faith. Faith lives in the spirit (ie: the breath of God, the candle of the Lord).

Last edited by jjGuru; 06-04-2021 at 01:43 PM..

Old 06-04-2021, 01:16 PM

Quote:
Their flesh is purged (that is: divided from the spirit and cutoff) from the soul in judgement. (Mat 25:41 and 46). It's really the same thing that happens with the flesh in those that believe now. Their flesh is crucified, that Christ may live:

Gal_2:20 I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me.

Gal_5:24 And they that are Christ's have crucified the flesh with the affections and lusts.

The flesh (ie: the natural man, the carnal nature) of the unbeliever is cast out in judgement. The veil of the flesh that had previously covered the soul from the spirit is now removed, and the soul becomes united to Christ in spirit, through faith. Faith lives in the spirit (ie: the breath of God, the candle of the Lord).
So It seems those who reject Christ in this life get a special break from God in the end.

Those verses you gave don't say that! Can you show me in scripture where these people get that special break?

If you can do that, I'll join up with you! But if you can't, then I'll have to continue on my path.

Old 06-04-2021, 01:30 PM

Quote:
So It seems those who reject Christ in this life get a special break from God in the end.

Those verses you gave don't say that! Can you show me in scripture where these people get that special break?

If you can do that, I'll join up with you! But if you can't, then I'll have to continue on my path.
To live without Christ in this life is not "a special break" or a reward they'll have earned for doing so. Far from it. That's like telling those in prison to stay in prison. It's a curse, why prolong it?

Old 06-04-2021, 02:04 PM

Quote:
To live without Christ in this life is not "a special break" or a reward they'll have earned for doing so. Far from it. That's like telling those in prison to stay in prison. It's a curse, why prolong it?
That's what I thought, you can't prove anything about what you said.

See, that's what upsets people, to make claims you have no way of proving.

And you have no shame in doing it!

Typical UR garbage!

Old 06-04-2021, 02:17 PM

Quote:
That's what I thought, you can't prove anything about what you said.

See, that's what upsets people, to make claims you have no way of proving.

And you have no shame in doing it!

Typical UR garbage!

What is it that you want me to prove? That they get a break? Can you be more specific? I don't believe they "get a special break". So no, I'm unable to prove something I don't believe. No offense, but you sound rather half baked. You need to spend more time in the oven...lol

Last edited by jjGuru; 06-04-2021 at 02:26 PM..

Old 06-04-2021, 02:35 PM

Charlie: You must learn to control your mind and words. The Restitution of all things in your brokenness is "garbage". Please tell that to St. Paul & the mighty men and women who have grasped the "garbage" ! !

"For He pre-destined us to be adopted by Himself as sons through Jesus Christ--such being His gracious will and pleasure-- to the praise of the splendour of His grace with which He has enriched us in the beloved One. It is in Him, and through the shedding of His blood, that we have our deliverance--the forgiveness of our offences--so abundant was God's grace, the grace which He, the possessor of all wisdom and understanding, lavished upon us, when He made known to us the secret of His will. And this is in harmony with God's merciful purpose for the government of the world when the times are ripe for it--the purpose which He has cherished in His own mind of restoring the whole creation to find its one Head in Christ; yes, things in Heaven and things on earth, to find their one Head in Him. And you chosen beforehand in accordance with the intention of Him whose might carries out in everything the design of His own will." -Eph. 1

"Wake up from your sleep Charlie, climb out of your coffin; & Christ will show you the light! So watch your step. Use your head....Don’t live carelessly, unthinkingly. Make sure you understand what the Master wants." -MSG

Last edited by Rose2Luv; 06-04-2021 at 02:53 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity