Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-04-2021, 07:36 PM

4,483 posts, read 1,317,873 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
You simply do not understand that sin has never been an individual problem, Charlie. It WAS a problem for our entire species. Our whole problem was to learn how to love God and each other every day and repent when we fail. As primitive savages, we were not even trying to learn (we were what you would call continually sinning). Even during the schoolmaster stage where we were learning self-control of our baser urges through fear of God and obedience to laws, we still were not remotely trying to learn to love God and each other righteously. (You are stuck in that same fear of God mode, Charlie, and are spreading the Bad News.)

But eventually, by the time of Jesus, the fields were ripe for the harvest and we had achieved enough self-control to learn to control our behaviors out of agape love of God and each other. Jesus came to teach us and unambiguously demonstrate how to do it even unto death. He came to show that death is not the end and is nothing to be feared. Then He unambiguously demonstrated it and was born again as the Holy Spirit to abide with us as the Comforter within our consciousness to guide us to the Truth God has "written in our hearts."

That is the Good News, Charlie, because we can do the same if we love God and each other every day and repent when we don't. You know the Holy Spirit of agape love and its beauty and power, Charlie, so why are you relying on the fear of God and Hell to try to promote that kind of love. It is self-defeating because fear casts out the very love of God and each other you are trying to promote. That is the Bad News and it doesn't work, Charlie. We are supposed to spread the Good News.
Here's a clue why, Mystic. Jesus can say it better than myself.

Matt. 7:13-14

"Enter ye in at the strait gate: for wide is the gate, and broad is the way, that leadeth to destruction, and many there be which go in thereat:

Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it."

Old 06-04-2021, 07:50 PM

63,777 posts, read 40,038,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie24 View Post

"Enter ye in at the strait gate: for wide is the gate, and broad is the way, that leadeth to destruction, and many there be which go in thereat:

Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it."
But that was true of our primitive ancestors over 2021 years ago, Charlie. Do you actually think we have not changed from their primitive status? The narrow gate is a love of God and each other, the broad gate is a love of ourselves and fear of death. Why do you think fear and not agape love is the way to get people to choose the narrow gate, Charlie?

Old 06-04-2021, 07:52 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,344,506 times
Quote:

I hope you find it in this life.

Old 06-04-2021, 08:07 PM

Quote:
But that was true of our primitive ancestors over 2021 years ago, Charlie. Do you actually think we have not changed from their primitive status? The narrow gate is a love of God and each other, the broad gate is a love of ourselves and fear of death. Why do you think fear and not agape love is the way to get people to choose the narrow gate, Charlie?
God have mercy!

Old 06-04-2021, 08:11 PM

Quote:
God have mercy!
I'd like for you answer me a question, Mystic.

If it's all about agape love, why did Jesus preach so much on going to hell?

I'll help you with the answer, because warning someone of hell is showing love.

Old 06-04-2021, 08:15 PM

Quote:
You cannot talk to someone who has been brainwashed, it's like talking to a brick wall.

Quote:

Charlie, you are the one preaching hell doctrine, not Christ Jesus.

Old 06-04-2021, 08:32 PM

Quote:
Come on, Charlie. The answer is obvious. They were far more primitive and savage than we are today (although we are still pretty savage). They still operated on fear, NOT agape love. Far more of us today are motivated by and attracted to love, Charlie.

Old 06-04-2021, 08:40 PM

Quote:
Come on, Charlie. The answer is obvious. They were far more primitive and savage than we are today (although we are still pretty savage). They still operated on fear, NOT agape love. Far more of us today are motivated by and attracted to love, Charlie.
I don't practice the Gospel of Mystic, I practice the Gospel of Jesus Christ.

The One who preached love, righteousness, fire and brimstone on equal terms.

Old 06-04-2021, 08:42 PM

Quote:

The One who preached love, righteousness, fire and brimstone on equal terms.
Please, explain the fire and brimstone that you preach.
And contrast it with the Lake (haven) of fire - if you can?

Old 06-04-2021, 08:56 PM

Quote:
The One who preached love, righteousness, fire, and brimstone on equal terms.
No, Charlie, you practice the Gospel of the Bible which bears no resemblance to the Gospel (Good News ) of Jesus Christ. You wallow in the fear of God and Hell canceling the effectiveness of any love of God and each other you might possess. It is a risky position for you, but as Jesus unambiguously demonstrated, our God is infinite mercy and compassion.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity