Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-04-2021, 02:38 PM

7,530 posts, read 3,026,379 times

Advertisements

Wake up from your sleep, Charlie, climb out of your coffin & Christ will show you the light! So watch your step. Use your head....living carelessly, unthinkingly. Make sure you understand what the Master wants.

Last edited by Rose2Luv; 06-04-2021 at 02:56 PM..

Old 06-04-2021, 04:37 PM

4,483 posts, read 1,320,726 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rose2Luv View Post
Wake up from your sleep, Charlie, climb out of your coffin & Christ will show you the light! So watch your step. Use your head....living carelessly, unthinkingly. Make sure you understand what the Master wants.
I want to join up with you guys, what I need is what you can't give, any kind of proof at all from scripture.

Where is it? Can you not find it? Am I to find it on my own?

Old 06-04-2021, 04:39 PM

Quote:
Charlie: You must learn to control your mind and words. The Restitution of all things in your brokenness is "garbage". Please tell that to St. Paul & the mighty men and women who have grasped the "garbage" ! !

"For He pre-destined us to be adopted by Himself as sons through Jesus Christ--such being His gracious will and pleasure-- to the praise of the splendour of His grace with which He has enriched us in the beloved One. It is in Him, and through the shedding of His blood, that we have our deliverance--the forgiveness of our offences--so abundant was God's grace, the grace which He, the possessor of all wisdom and understanding, lavished upon us, when He made known to us the secret of His will. And this is in harmony with God's merciful purpose for the government of the world when the times are ripe for it--the purpose which He has cherished in His own mind of restoring the whole creation to find its one Head in Christ; yes, things in Heaven and things on earth, to find their one Head in Him. And you chosen beforehand in accordance with the intention of Him whose might carries out in everything the design of His own will." -Eph. 1

"Wake up from your sleep Charlie, climb out of your coffin; & Christ will show you the light! So watch your step. Use your head....Don’t live carelessly, unthinkingly. Make sure you understand what the Master wants." -MSG
Don't need the syrup and honey poured over me, need some scripture showing me what you claim.

Where is it??????????????

Old 06-04-2021, 05:18 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,357,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie24 View Post
Don't need the syrup and honey poured over me, need some scripture showing me what you claim.

Where is it??????????????
Scripture is not the end-all-of knowledge and understanding which equates to wisdom.
Perhaps, you should seek to comprehend, instead of assuming you know the truth.

Old 06-04-2021, 05:36 PM

1,091 posts, read 278,597 times
Quote:
I want to join up with you guys, what I need is what you can't give...
Or, is it that the scriptures we do give you're unable to receive? Not everyone is ready/able at the same time (1Co 15:23).

Old 06-04-2021, 05:49 PM

11,897 posts, read 3,696,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjGuru View Post
Or, is it that the scriptures we do give you're unable to receive? Not everyone is ready/able at the same time (1Co 15:23).
Exactly

And this is where/why patience and forbearance is especially needed

Old 06-04-2021, 06:00 PM

Quote:
LOL, you guys kill me, can't even come up with any scripture that confirms a single thing you say, but some of us are unable to receive.

Sometimes I feel like I've drifted off into the twilight zone when talking to you guys.

Old 06-04-2021, 06:12 PM

7,530 posts, read 3,026,379 times
Quote:
"Then opened He their understanding, that they might understand the scriptures."

Opened = dianoigō =

Open thoroughly what had been closed.

Opening of the eyes and the ears.

Opening of the mind.

Cause to understand.

Arousal of the mind, understanding and desire.

This is the ONLY way one grasps the articulations of scripture !

Old 06-04-2021, 06:17 PM

Quote:
"Then opened He their understanding, that they might understand the scriptures."

Opened = dianoigō =

Open thoroughly what had been closed.

Opening of the eyes and the ears.

Opening of the mind.

Cause to understand.

Arousal of the mind, understanding and desire.

This is the ONLY way one grasps the articulations of Canon !
It seems them there articulations could be the problem.

Rich in opinion and short on scripture.

Old 06-04-2021, 07:30 PM

63,809 posts, read 40,087,129 times
Quote:
All the UR folks have something in common, they never, ever, present how to cure man's problem. They never, ever, present this,

Acts 4:12

"Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved."

Never anything about what we MUST DO, it will all work itself out in the end, right Rose.
You simply do not understand that sin has never been an individual problem, Charlie. It WAS a problem for our entire species. Our whole problem was to learn how to love God and each other every day and repent when we fail. As primitive savages, we were not even trying to learn (we were what you would call continually sinning). Even during the schoolmaster stage where we were learning self-control of our baser urges through fear of God and obedience to laws, we still were not remotely trying to learn to love God and each other righteously. (You are stuck in that same fear of God mode, Charlie, and are spreading the Bad News.)

But eventually, by the time of Jesus, the fields were ripe for the harvest and we had achieved enough self-control to learn to control our behaviors out of agape love of God and each other. Jesus came to teach us and unambiguously demonstrate how to do it even unto death. He came to show that death is not the end and is nothing to be feared. Then He unambiguously demonstrated it and was born again as the Holy Spirit to abide with us as the Comforter within our consciousness to guide us to the Truth God has "written in our hearts."

That is the Good News, Charlie, because we can do the same if we love God and each other every day and repent when we don't. You know the Holy Spirit of agape love and its beauty and power, Charlie, so why are you relying on the fear of God and Hell to try to promote that kind of love. It is self-defeating because fear casts out the very love of God and each other you are trying to promote. That is the Bad News and it doesn't work, Charlie. We are supposed to spread the Good News.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity