Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-03-2021, 10:17 AM

4,483 posts, read 1,321,543 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie24 View Post
What you and your comrades cannot see and we can see is that you have no foundation whatsoever to claim the authors of the scripture wrote what they wanted to write without permission from God the Holy Spirit.

YOU HAVE NONE MYSTIC! But you smear the scripture with your UR agenda because that's how you see that God should have done it.

What would you name a person who does such a thing?
I want to show you something very important concerning our conversation about the authors of scripture.

The following is how they deal with what they say and not what God has said.

1 Cor. 7:6

But I speak this by permission, and not of commandment.

1 Cor. 7:12

But to the rest speak I, not the Lord. If any brother hath a wife that believeth not, and she be pleased to dwell with him, let him not put her away.

There are other verses with the same content, I just can't remember right now where they are.

It's not as you say about these authors, Mystic. You are making a huge mistake, but imo a willful mistake!

Old 07-03-2021, 10:34 AM

4,483 posts, read 1,321,543 times
Quote:
I want to show you something very important concerning our conversation about the authors of scripture.

The following is how they deal with what they say and not what God has said.

1 Cor. 7:6

But I speak this by permission, and not of commandment.

1 Cor. 7:12

But to the rest speak I, not the Lord. If any brother hath a wife that believeth not, and she be pleased to dwell with him, let him not put her away.

There are other verses with the same content, I just can't remember right now where they are.

It's not as you say about these authors, Mystic. You are making a huge mistake, but imo a willful mistake!
What can I do Mystic, what can I show you from scripture to show you this is a terrible thing in the eyes of God? What can I do to keep you from judgment on these things?

I plead with you constantly to keep you from the wrath of God that surely will descend on those who do such things. I don't what that for you! I know you love God, but this is wrong!

Old 07-03-2021, 10:36 AM

63,809 posts, read 40,087,129 times
Quote:
What you and your comrades cannot see and we can see is that you have no foundation whatsoever to claim the authors of the scripture wrote what they wanted to write without permission from God the Holy Spirit.
They did not "write what they wanted to write," Charlie, that is the mistaken interpretation that you continually accuse me of doing. The prophets INTERPRETED the inspirations using THEIR level of knowledge and mistaken barbaric beliefs about God. Even the apostles (except for John and Paul) were too carnal to undertand the spiritual message Jesus was trying to get them to comprehend. They were babes in Christ. That is why Jesus had to resort to "carnal milk" instead of the "spiritual solid food."
Quote:
YOU HAVE NONE MYSTIC! But you smear the scripture with your UR agenda because that's how you see that God should have done it.
What would you name a person who does such a thing?
Again with the accusation that it is how I see that God would have done it instead of that is what JESUS revealed God is like. I do not smear scripture and I have no agenda but a belief in God, Charlie. I did not come to God from UR or Gnosticism, or ANY OTHER religious persepctive. For more than 30 years of my life I had no perspective about God at all because I did not believe God existed. I believe in the God revealed and unambiguously demonstrated by Jesus Christ, Charlie. What about that do you NOT understand?

Old 07-03-2021, 12:05 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,360,776 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
I wish you two would stop lying about me.
It seems to be their modus operandi; misrepresentation.

Old 07-03-2021, 02:18 PM

11,123 posts, read 6,388,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katzpur View Post
Mormons use the KJV and believe it to be the word of God only insofar as it is translated correctly. We also have three other volumes of scripture, but even these are subject to human error.
Hi kat, I was just using it as an example, I am aware of the above and meant no offence.

Old 07-03-2021, 02:45 PM

28,097 posts, read 29,963,441 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pneuma View Post
Hi kat, I was just using it as an example, I am aware of the above and meant no offence.
No problem!

Old 07-03-2021, 04:19 PM

7,530 posts, read 3,026,379 times
No Scriptures continued

The apostle Paul writes, “Christ came and preached peace to you which were afar off, and to them that were nigh.” -Eph. 2:17.

He simply could not have preached peace had he preached an endless despair in hell!

Paul was a faithful minister of the Master for nearly thirty years, and yet the word hell is not found in any of his sermons or epistles!

Can this omission be accounted or on the supposition that he believed there was a place bearing that name in eternity, to which all are exposed?

He says, “I have not shunned to declare unto you all the counsel of God.” -Acts 20:27.

An endless hell can be no part of God’s counsel!

"No chastening for the present seems to be joyous, but grievous; nevertheless, afterward it yields the peaceable fruit of righteousness unto them that are exercised thereby.” -Heb. 12:11.

The punishment of God is limited.

If they are endless there can be no afterward, as the apostle declares.

“Faith the substance of things hoped for; the evidence of things not seen.” -Heb. 11:1.

A person may have faith in the doctrine of endless punishment, but he cannot hope for it.

That dogma is no part of Christian faith.

A person cannot only believe in the benign doctrine of universal reconciliation, but he can hope for its truth with all his heart. That is the right faith.

In the first book of the Bible we read, “And God saw everything that he had made, and behold, it was very good.” -Gen. 1:31.

In the last book of the Bible, the writer, in a vision, says, “every creature” which is in heaven, and on the earth, and under the earth, and such as are in the sea, and all that are in them, heard I, saying, Blessing, and honor, and glory, and power, be unto him that sits upon the throne, and unto the Lamb forever and ever.” -Rev. 5:13.

In the beginning man was pronounced by his Creator VERY GOOD – every way adapted to the stage of action on which he was placed. The Revelator, by the help of God, saw all mankind raised to a higher state of existence, for which also they were created, and heard them blessing their Creator for his infinite goodness, and adoring their Savior for redeeming love.

Such was the beginning of our race, and such will be its glorious consummation. “For God’s pleasure we are and were created.”

Praise the Lord all the ends of the earth! Let everything that has breath praise the Lord!

Speak good of His name, for He is good, and his mercy endures forever.

Old 07-03-2021, 06:20 PM

8,039 posts, read 1,843,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
I wish you two would stop lying about me. I do NOT reject the Bible and certainly not the Word of God who is Jesus. I accept the Bible's fallibility by dint of the flaws resident in our human fallibility. You do NOT! You wishfully think that God has prevented it despite the fact the WE have Dominion and Free Wil by dint of God's Sovereign Will. Why you think God would violate either our Dominion or our Free Will is beyond me.
To believe that the Bible is not infallible is to reject that it is the word of the Lord; it is to say that there are certain portions of it that are merely the word of man.

It amounts to smorgasborg religion; you end up picking and choosing what you want to believe is inspired among all the writings of holy scripture.

And is there a criteria for judging this?

If you say that you just want to get rid of all of the scriptures that have to do with judgment and justice, then you have developed a bias as concerning what you count to be scripture.

If there is no criteria, then you may as well do away with the Bible; and come up with your own religion apart from the words of its pages.

Quote:
I have studied the spiritual fossil record diligently so I know of Gnosticism and many other viewpoints, but as I have said many times now, I came to God from experience, NOT from religion or theology or ideology. I do none of the things John talks about, in fact, just the opposite. I fully accept and trust in Jesus Christ over any and all other sources. IMO, what you preach IS anti-Christ becauseit is anti-agape love. Don't get me wrong. I believe you experienced Jesus' love but you attribute it to the wrong source when you attribute it to the Bible as the word of God instead of Jesus.
Do you confess that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh?

Old 07-03-2021, 06:22 PM

8,039 posts, read 1,843,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rose2Luv View Post
Paul was a faithful minister of the Master for nearly thirty years, and yet the word hell is not found in any of his sermons or epistles!
The concept is found in Paul's writings; specifically in Romans 11:9-10.

Old 07-03-2021, 06:30 PM

11,897 posts, read 3,699,863 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justbyfaith View Post
The concept is found in Paul's writings; specifically in Romans 11:9-10.
Hell?

Rom 11:9**And David saith, Let their table be made a snare, and a trap, and a stumblingblock, and a recompence unto them:
Rom 11:10**Let their eyes be darkened, that they may not see, and bow down their back alway.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity