Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-03-2021, 01:36 AM

8,039 posts, read 1,840,257 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pneuma View Post
and you reading comprehending skills need some work.
My understanding of that passage is not inaccurate.

Old 07-03-2021, 02:47 AM

7,530 posts, read 3,023,833 times
Quote:
It is just plain stupid to hold a translation as being more accurate then the language it was written in.

Good grief Pneuma!

Are you not aware the Scriptures were all written in English: NOT koine or Hebrew, simple English.

"εἰς τοῦτο γὰρ καὶ κοπιῶμεν καὶ ὀνειδιζόμεθα, ὅτι ἠλπίκαμεν ἐπὶ θεῷ ζῶντι ὅς ἐστιν σωτὴρ πάντων ἀνθρώπων μάλιστα πιστῶν"

כִּי־מוֹת נָמוּת וְכַמַּיִם הַנִּגָּרִים אַרְצָה אֲשֶׁר לֹא

Old 07-03-2021, 03:02 AM

The radical all !

"God has highly exalted him, and given him a name which is above every name: that in the name Jesus, every knee shall bow, of things in heaven, and things on earth, and in things under the earth; and that every tongue shall confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father."

NOTE

Every knee (the radical all).

Every tongue (the radical all).

Every dimension of heaven, earth & underworld. (the radical all).

In union with the Name of Jesus (en = in).

No being in any dimension of Fathers world will not worship Him.

Old 07-03-2021, 03:46 AM

11,123 posts, read 6,385,743 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rose2Luv View Post

Good grief Pneuma!

Are you not aware the Scriptures were all written in English: NOT koine or Hebrew, simple English.

"εἰς τοῦτο γὰρ καὶ κοπιῶμεν καὶ ὀνειδιζόμεθα, ὅτι ἠλπίκαμεν ἐπὶ θεῷ ζῶντι ὅς ἐστιν σωτὴρ πάντων ἀνθρώπων μάλιστα πιστῶν"

כִּי־מוֹת נָמוּת וְכַמַּיִם הַנִּגָּרִים אַרְצָה אֲשֶׁר לֹא
lol well you would think so according to these two

Old 07-03-2021, 05:38 AM

4,483 posts, read 1,319,793 times
Quote:
It's a mighty poor God you UR folks serve. He can't even keep His Word in tact for us!

Old 07-03-2021, 06:45 AM

Quote:
Dumb and Dumber make me reconsider our Lord's word to the apostle Paul....

"It is in Him, and through the shedding of His blood, that we have our deliverance--the forgiveness of our offences--so abundant was God's grace, the grace which He, the possessor of all wisdom and understanding, lavished upon us, when He made known to us the secret of His will. And this is in harmony with God's merciful purpose for the government of the world when the times are ripe for it--the purpose which He has cherished in His own mind of restoring the whole creation to find its one Head in Christ; yes, things in Heaven and things on earth, to find their one Head in Him."

Surely the "whole" means some? Surely Dumb & Dumber are not included.

Old 07-03-2021, 07:14 AM

28,956 posts, read 16,354,085 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
Be careful, JBF, you will find out that your warning(s) should have applied to that of yourself, as I am not one of the timid or fearful, nor an unbeliever in that which brought all things into existence. In addition, I do not belong to a slaughterhouse religion, neither do I need a "whipping boy," as I am a man who takes responsibility for his own thoughts, deeds and actions. And you are nowhere close to being a teacher.
Quote:
Originally Posted by justbyfaith View Post
Right...because my spiritual gift, given to me with the laying on of hands and prophecy, was not teaching but word of wisdom.
Thank you for the laugh. It's been awhile since I have laughed that hard.

I believe, that I also scored rather high on those tests given in the Church.

Old 07-03-2021, 08:28 AM

28,091 posts, read 29,952,204 times
Quote:
the Mormon also believe their bible is authoritative. you stance here is just ridiculous. if you don't take scripture to their original language you simply cannot understand the scriptures. What you are doing is relying on MAN'S interpretation of scriptures and not the scriptures themselves.
Mormons use the KJV and believe it to be the word of God only insofar as it is translated correctly. We also have three other volumes of scripture, but even these are subject to human error.

Old 07-03-2021, 09:40 AM

63,797 posts, read 40,068,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justbyfaith View Post
I am not worried in the slightest.

In my own personal testimony, the Lord revealed Himself to me when I told Him that I would begin to read His word and do what it says.

Therefore, I believe that the Bible is the word of God.

You reject that; what you need is faith.

"Faith cometh by hearing; and hearing by the word of God." (Romans 10:17)
See 1 Corinthians 1:18, 21.
I wish you two would stop lying about me. I do NOT reject the Bible and certainly not the Word of God who is Jesus. I accept the Bible's fallibility by dint of the flaws resident in our human fallibility. You do NOT! You wishfully think that God has prevented it despite the fact the WE have Dominion and Free Wil by dint of God's Sovereign Will. Why you think God would violate either our Dominion or our Free Will is beyond me.
Quote:
This explains a lot. The basis of your understanding appears to be rooted in gnosticism.

The apostle John combatted that doctrine in his 1st epistle.

In 1:1, he tells us that his hands had handled the Word of life (Jesus).

In 4:1-3, he tells us that it is the spiirt of antichrist that denies that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh.

In 2 Jn 1:7, he also tells us the same thing.
I have studied the spiritual fossil record diligently so I know of Gnosticism and many other viewpoints, but as I have said many times now, I came to God from experience, NOT from religion or theology or ideology. I do none of the things John talks about, in fact, just the opposite. I fully accept and trust in Jesus Christ over any and all other sources. IMO, what you preach IS anti-Christ becauseit is anti-agape love. Don't get me wrong. I believe you experienced Jesus' love but you attribute it to the wrong source when you attribute it to the Bible as the word of God instead of Jesus.

Old 07-03-2021, 09:45 AM

4,483 posts, read 1,319,793 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
I wish you two would stop lying about me. I do NOT reject the Bible and certainly not the Word of God who is Jesus. I accept the Bible's fallibility by dint of the flaws resident in our human fallibility. You do NOT! You wishfully think that God has prevented it despite the fact the WE have Dominion and Free Wil by dint of God's Sovereign Will. Why you think God would violate either our Dominion or our Free Will is beyond me.
I have studied the spiritual fossil record diligently so I know of Gnosticism and many other viewpoints, but as I have said many times now, I came to God from experience, NOT from religion or theology or ideology. I do none of the things John talks about, in fact, just the opposite. I fully accept and trust in Jesus Christ over any and all other sources. IMO, what you preach IS anti-Christ becauseit is anti-agape love. Don't get me wrong. I believe you experienced Jesus' love but you attribute it to the wrong source when you attribute it to the Bible as the word of God instead of Jesus.
What you and your comrades cannot see and we can see is that you have no foundation whatsoever to claim the authors of the scripture wrote what they wanted to write without permission from God the Holy Spirit.

YOU HAVE NONE MYSTIC! But you smear the scripture with your UR agenda because that's how you see that God should have done it.

What would you name a person who does such a thing?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity