Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-07-2021, 08:57 AM

4,483 posts, read 1,320,172 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rose2Luv View Post
The wonderful event encompassing the feeding of many thousands by the Man of Glory left many baskets of leftovers. What does the Master instruct His disciples to do?

"Gather up the fragments that nothing be lost."

Question =

Are morsels of leftover fish and bread more important to the Saviour of all mankind than those leftover remnants of broken mankind from the disobedience of Adam?

Charles Slagle: Absolute Assurance in Christ – Four Views of the Good News of Jesus Christ – Mercy Upon All
Can you explain why "no fragments will be lost" pertains to salvation when Jesus said this,

Matt. 7:21

"Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven."

It should be very simple for you to explain the contradiction, shouldn't it?

Old 06-07-2021, 09:25 AM

28,956 posts, read 16,354,085 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie24 View Post
Can you explain why "no fragments will be lost" pertains to salvation when Jesus said this,

"Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven."

We trust in the living God, who is the Savior of all men, especially of those that believe.
These things command and teach. (1 Timothy 4:10-11)

What is the will of the Father, Charlie? Are you doing that?
Or, are you merely preaching damnation? Believe this or else?

"Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven..."

Old 06-07-2021, 09:29 AM

Quote:

I guess maybe the Lord has hidden His main objective from everyone in the scripture and revealed it to only the UR.

It's all that I come up with! The insight that they have with no scripture that points to universal salvation must be a revelation given only to them.

They must be the chosen of God to deliver this hidden message to the world. Although they can't prove or even show anything that directly supports what they say, it would be best that we believe them.

This the the only explanation I can find, what do you think, Rose? What did the Lord say to you in this great revelation?

Old 06-07-2021, 09:44 AM

Especially of those that believe, does not mean exclusively, as in Old Charlie boy.

Do you believe he is going to fail because he doesn't reach everyone now, Charlie?

Old 06-07-2021, 09:53 AM

63,797 posts, read 40,068,856 times
Quote:
I guess maybe the Lord has hidden His main objective from everyone in the scripture and revealed it to only the UR.
It's all that I come up with! The insight that they have with no scripture that points to universal salvation must be a revelation given only to them.
They must be the chosen of God to deliver this hidden message to the world. Although they can't prove or even show anything that directly supports what they say, it would be best that we believe them.
This the only explanation I can find, what do you think, Rose? What did the Lord say to you in this great revelation?
Charlie, Charlie, Charlie, you keep harping on about our SALVATION as if we have anything to do with it. You claim to have faith that Jesus saved us, yet you keep fussing about whether or not we are saved! Either Jesus saved us (and you claim to have faith that He did) or He didn't (in which case we are ALL in trouble). Our ONLY concern is our SANCTIFICATION under Christ's perfect agape love (Grace) and that is about letting the Comforter (Holy Spirit of agape love) guide our daily lives in the love of God and each other. There is no issue with our SALVATION.

Old 06-07-2021, 10:07 AM

20,440 posts, read 12,783,448 times
Quote:

This the the only explanation I can find, what do you think, Rose? What did the Lord say to you in this great revelation?
Yes. The whole of scripture leaves no doubt UR is a false teaching. UR is based largely on emotion.

Old 06-07-2021, 10:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmiej View Post
Yes. The whole of scripture leaves no doubt UR is a false teaching. UR is based largely on emotion.
Actually, that's a lie, Jimmiej, as is your notion/ideology of eternal damnation.

Old 06-07-2021, 10:23 AM

1,091 posts, read 278,415 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pneuma View Post
Rev 22:15

For without are dogs, and sorcerers, and whoremongers, and murderers, and idolaters, and whosoever loveth and maketh a lie.

Did you get that Charlie? the only ones outside the gates are the dogs, and sorcerers, and whoremongers, and murderers, and idolaters, and whosoever loveth and maketh a lie.

And they have a right to the tree of life. WHY you ask?

Because Charlie the Spirit and the bride still say, Come. And let him that heareth say, Come. And let him that is athirst come. And whosoever will, let him take the water of life freely.
I've always been curious why the traditional UR position wants to "save" the flesh (the natural man, carnal nature, the body of death within). Is this really what you're trying to say here, or am I miss understanding what you've said?

Does Jesus really say to the flesh: "come" to me? And will the "flesh" actually desire spiritual things at some point? Is it your belief that corruption inherits incorruption, eventually?

Could this be a reason why there is so much antagonism against UR?

Last edited by jjGuru; 06-07-2021 at 10:41 AM..

Old 06-07-2021, 10:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmiej View Post
Exactly right jimmie, the tree-hugging emotion.

There is no foundation whatsoever for their false claims.

Old 06-07-2021, 10:40 AM

Quote:
Exactly right jimmie, the tree-hugging emotion.

There is no foundation whatsoever for their false claims.
If you believe that, then neither of you know the Scriptures as you ought to. But that's not surprising.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity