Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-23-2020, 12:29 AM

63,849 posts, read 40,142,148 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Anointed View Post
So please reveal to all, what is, the lake of fire, which is the second death, and the everlasting punishment, of the goats on the left hand of the lord, who were sent to the fire that is reserved for devil ect.

I await your Ha,haa haaa, biblical supposed educated answer. .
The Bible is NOT the authority for a Christian. Christ is - that means the COMFORTER (Holy Spirit) sent in Christ's name to guide us to the Truth God has written in our hearts.

Old 05-23-2020, 12:38 AM

3,061 posts, read 916,181 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
The Bible is NOT the authority for a Christian. Christ is - that means the COMFORTER (Holy Spirit) sent in Christ's name to guide us to the Truth God has written in our hearts.
And from where did you learn that such a person as 'CHRIST' ever or even existed? And do you believe the source that revealed his existence to you?

Old 05-23-2020, 04:51 AM

2,984 posts, read 3,349,716 times
Our Steady God

As the image of the invisible God, the radiance of His glory, the exact image of His Person, God's Son continues always, through thick and thin, steady as His Father: "Jesus Christ, the same yesterday, today, and into the eons." It's the character of Jesus because it's the character of Him who begat Him. For the Son, steady goes it, out from within His Father into the world, perfectly expressing that character of His Father by which He is unfazed in the face of the changing circumstances of this world, and especially unfazed by the enmity toward Him that characterizes, in the main, the present universal human condition.

That steadiness is the steadiness of love.

The love that God is requires that He be unflinchingly steady whether He is loved or hated, obeyed or disobeyed, confessed or denied. He is never so conflicted that having been offended by us, He must set aside His love until proper punishment is handed out that satisfies His (supposed) need to have His holiness appeased: "Sorry, I've got to hurt you, or hurt Someone standing in for you, or otherwise my righteousness stands in the way of my love for you."

Continued Below

http://greater-emmanuel.org/jg/2020/steadyGod.php

Old 05-23-2020, 05:07 AM

"FEAR NOT * * I HAVE THE KEYS OF HELL AND DEATH." (Rev. 1:18)

Powerful words, especially significant when we remember that Christ had just used these keys to open the prison doors, in His Descent into Hades.

How, if so, can death (the second, or any death) sever from Jesus Christ (Who holds the keys) - from His power to save?

AND EVERY CREATURE WHICH IS IN HEAVEN, AND ON THE EARTH, AND UNDER THE EARTH, * * HEARD I SAYING UNTO HIM THAT SITS ON THE THRONE, AND UNTO THE LAMB, BLESSINGS (Rev. 5:13)

These words embrace every created thing - on the earth, and under the earth, and in the sea. All are represented as swelling the chorus of praise to God, and to the Lamb.

Yes, to such an end we trust and hope that all Creation is indeed coming, because we believe God's distinct promise, that all things shall be made new.

How else could all things join in this glorious chorus?

Old 05-23-2020, 07:15 AM

"My counsel shall stand, and I will do all my pleasure."

"Whatever the Lord pleased, that did He, in heaven and on earth." - (Ps. 135:6)

"He does according to His will, in the armies of heaven and among the inhabitants of earth."

Scripture goes farther still.

It tells us plainly that the creature (creation) has been made "subject to vanity (sin and imperfection), not willingly, but by reason of Him who has subjected the same in hope." (Romans 8:20)

"God has shut up all unto disobedience that He might have mercy upon all " (Rom. 11:32)

We are plainly told that it is "not of him who wills, but of God who shows mercy."

Old 05-23-2020, 10:45 AM

28,956 posts, read 16,381,688 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
This is true, but some have never tried to educate themselves, and merely remain ignorant no matter how much they ramble and rant. And, I have no doubt that some herein, do not even grasp what the Lake of fire is all about - they merely follow an ignorant mindset based on an English translation, ever learning but never able to come to the knowledge of [the] truth.
Quote:
So please reveal to all, what is, the lake of fire, which is the second death, and the everlasting punishment, of the goats on the left hand of the lord, who were sent to the fire that is reserved for devil ect.

I await your Ha,haa haaa, biblical supposed educated answer. .
The way you paint GOD would make human beings more moral than he is, but you are far from it.
There is no such thing as EVERLASTING PUNISHMENT, nor that of a literal DEVIL called SATAN.

And I don't have the desire to EDUCATE you, it will serve no purpose given your repetitious mindset.

Old 05-23-2020, 03:58 PM

Quote:
The way you paint GOD would make human beings more moral than he is, but you are far from it.
There is no such thing as EVERLASTING PUNISHMENT, nor that of a literal DEVIL called SATAN.

And I don't have the desire to EDUCATE you, it will serve no purpose given your repetitious mindset.
It is you who deny the God of the OT, who chastises his son Israel, by allowing nations to attack, destroy and take captive the survivors, and who orders the destruction of the men, women, children, and babies, whose ancestors, over three hundred years previously, Had wronged his chosen nation. See 1 Samuel 15: 1-3.

You have your head stuck in the sand my friend, You don't want to see God as the righteous Judge that he is, because you are so afraid that you must pay for your past sins.

You even Judge the Lord and say that anyone who reveals that which is recorded of the actions of God, is trying to make mankind more moral than he.

I pray that you are not one of those, to who the "SON OF MAN' says, "Get away from me, you who are accursed, into the eternal fire that has been prepared for the devil and his angels!

The eternal fire, which is the second death from which there is no return, the everlasting punishment for those who are cursed by our Lord God and savior, 'THE SON OF MAN" who revealed himself to us through his earthly host body, Jesus, who he filled with HIS SPIRIT, HIS WORDS..

Old 05-23-2020, 07:19 PM

Quote:

Quote:
It is you who deny the God of the OT, who chastises his son Israel, by allowing nations to attack, destroy and take captive the survivors, and who orders the destruction of the men, women, children, and babies, whose ancestors, over three hundred years previously, Had wronged his chosen nation. See 1 Samuel 15: 1-3.

You have your head stuck in the sand my friend, You don't want to see God as the righteous Judge that he is, because you are so afraid that you must pay for your past sins.

You even Judge the Lord and say that anyone who reveals that which is recorded of the actions of God, is trying to make mankind more moral than he.

I pray that you are not one of those, to who the "SON OF MAN' says, "Get away from me, you who are accursed, into the eternal fire that has been prepared for the devil and his angels!

The eternal fire, which is the second death from which there is no return, the everlasting punishment for those who are cursed by our Lord God and savior, 'THE SON OF MAN" who revealed himself to us through his earthly host body, Jesus, who he filled with HIS SPIRIT, HIS WORDS..
It won't be me, Mate, but you should be very concerned.

Last edited by Jerwade; 05-23-2020 at 07:27 PM..

Old 05-23-2020, 08:49 PM

Quote:
Why??? Because I tell the truth as revealed in the Holy Scriptures, which you choose to deny?

Old 05-23-2020, 09:50 PM

Quote:

Quote:
Quote:
Why??? Because I tell the truth as revealed in the Holy Scriptures, which you choose to deny?
How exactly does it happen, Mate, that normal human beings, all endowed with that of a conscience, having an awareness of individual responsibility for their judgments and choices; manage to justify in their own eyes the most inhuman atrocities and acts of self-righteousness without running into intolerable cognitive dissonance within their own supreme values?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity