Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-18-2020, 02:51 PM

17,161 posts, read 11,387,904 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
Very true, Pleroo. It is why I personally tend to view it as a form of child abuse.
I don't. It's just another human construct that causes damage. Religion is not the only source of such constructs and I personally don't believe any parent is perfect in that regard. So, damaging to children, absolutely. But not abuse in the sense that I think parents who believe in it themselves think they are doing the loving thing by passing the belief on to their children.

Old 05-18-2020, 02:54 PM

63,795 posts, read 40,063,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pleroo View Post
I don't. It's just another human construct that causes damage. Religion is not the only source of such constructs and I personally don't believe any parent is perfect in that regard.
I understand. I did not mean to imply DELIBERATE child abuse but an unknowing one based on a sincere belief in the "precepts and doctrines of men."

Old 05-18-2020, 02:55 PM

17,161 posts, read 11,387,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
I understand. I did not mean to imply DELIBERATE child abuse but an unknowing one based on a sincere belief in the "precepts and doctrines of men."
Yes, I agree, completely.

Old 05-18-2020, 05:33 PM

3,061 posts, read 913,848 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Birdy_56 View Post
Search = "eternal death"

Your search query has yielded no results. Please modify your query & try again.
Mine was not a query, not a question, not an inquiry, It was a statement supported by Scriptures. Rev 20 states those who are dead to the flesh are judged from the books that were opened and any of those dead people whose names were not recorded in the book of the living were thrown into the lake of fire, those who were dead in the flesh, who were thrown into the lake of fire, were the cowards, traitors, perverts, murderers, the immoral, those who practise magic, those who worship idols, and all liars — the place for them is the lake burning with fire and sulphur, which is the second death.”

Those who were already dead in the flesh, then suffer the second death. What is it of those people which dies a second time?

And Jesus was nearly two years old and Living in Nazareth, when the wise men were warned not to return to Herod and reveal the child's location, and on that same night, Joseph was warned to get out of bed and flee into Egypt.

Last edited by The Anointed; 05-18-2020 at 06:37 PM..

Old 05-18-2020, 07:50 PM

2,984 posts, read 3,346,253 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Anointed View Post
Mine was not a query, not a question, not an inquiry, It was a statement supported by Scriptures.
There is no support for "eternal death" in Scripture, NONE, nada.

In fact, the One who has triumphed over death, consumes all thanantos into Himself.

And there shall be no more death, neither sorrow nor crying > > >

The former things are done away."

Done away =

poieo = to seize lift up & take away.

Old 05-18-2020, 09:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Birdy_56 View Post
There is no support for "eternal death" in Scripture, NONE, nada.

In fact, the One who has triumphed over death, consumes all thanantos into Himself.

And there shall be no more death, neither sorrow nor crying > > >

The former things are done away."

Done away =

poieo = to seize lift up & take away.
Only after he has totally destroyed the wicked, who are cast into the lake of fire and sulfur, which is the second death, the death of the wicked minds/spirits which had developed within the bodies that had suffered the first death. Then God will allocate those empty souls, new bodies in which new minds will develop in a righteous world.

1 Thessalonians 5: 23; Now may the God of peace himself sanctify you completely, and may your whole spirit=Mind, and soul=life-force, and body=heart, be kept blameless at the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ. Love God with all your heart, mind and being.

Old 05-18-2020, 09:53 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,352,130 times
Quote:
Only after he has totally destroyed the wicked, who are cast into the lake of fire and sulfur, which is the second death, the death of the wicked minds/spirits which had developed within the bodies that had suffered the first death. Then God will allocate those empty souls, new bodies in which new minds will develop in a righteous world.
Be careful crossing the street.

Old 05-18-2020, 10:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
Which street?

Old 05-18-2020, 10:04 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,352,130 times
Quote:

1 Thessalonians 5: 23; Now may the God of peace himself sanctify you completely, and may your whole spirit=Mind, and soul=life-force, and body=heart, be kept blameless at the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ. Love God with all your heart, mind and being.
Quote:
Quote:
Which street?
One with a sign that says, "no crossing" in a language you do not comprehend.

Old 05-18-2020, 10:15 PM

Quote:
One with a sign that says, "no crossing" in a language you do not comprehend.
Now why would I bother crossing a road with a foreign sign that my Smart phone has translated for me as a 'NO CROSSING ' sign?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity