Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-06-2020, 06:38 AM

7,530 posts, read 3,026,379 times

Advertisements

All descriptions of the Divine Being, that we find in the Holy Scriptures, together with all that may be believed, thought, or uttered of God, center in one word, Love.

“He that loves not, knows not God; for God is Love. And we have known and believed the love that God has to us. God is Love, and he that dwells in love, dwells in God, and God in him.” (1 John 4:8-16)

If God is Love essentially, and so that God and Love is one and the same thing, it undeniably follows, that whatsoever God does (though in our eyes it should appear to be the most terrible affair) proceeds from Love, because God, who does it, is Love itself: as, on the contrary, whatsoever Satan does, let it appear never so good and useful, proceeds from hatred against God and his creatures.

All works, that are not works of love, in their very principle, or spring from it as their center, are not the works of God; because God, as the essential, everlasting, unchangeable love, can do no other but works of love. As the tree is, so are its fruits.

http://www.mercyuponall.org/pdfs-cli...UTHORS_PREFACE

Old 09-06-2020, 07:27 AM

Our God is the One who dwells in mystery. Only as He opens our minds and hearts to His expansive Being can we begin to fathom the unfathomable.

Unfathomable=

Difficult or impossible to understand; incomprehensible.

Difficult or impossible to measure.

Incapable of being fathomed or sounded; too deep to be measured.

Do you know that God has concluded the radical all of pas in unbelief?

Do you know the same radical all are destined by Him for mercy?

“For God has concluded them all (or shut them up together) in unbelief, that He might have mercy upon all.” (Rom. 11:32)

Old 09-06-2020, 11:28 AM

Christ Triumphant =

https://www.tentmaker.org/books/ChristTriumphant.htm

2nd Death & The Restitution of All Things =

https://tentmaker.org/books/Restitut...utionindex.htm

Old 09-06-2020, 12:39 PM

Our God is the One who dwells in mystery. Only as He opens our minds and hearts to His expansive Being can we begin to fathom the unfathomable.

Unfathomable=

Difficult or impossible to understand; incomprehensible.

Difficult or impossible to measure.

Incapable of being fathomed or sounded; too deep to be measured.

The Scripture speaks coming to know the love of Christ which exceeds knowledge.

Exceeds/ passes = hyperballō =

To surpass/ transcend /surpass /exceed.

Over & beyond in transcendence.

"I ask him that with both feet planted firmly on love, you’ll be able to take in with all followers of Jesus the extravagant dimensions of Christ’s love. Reach out and experience the breadth! Test its length! Plumb the depths! Rise to the heights! Live full lives, full in the fullness of God."

Old 09-06-2020, 01:24 PM

63,809 posts, read 40,087,129 times
I am so glad you are still posting, Rosey! Your threads are a constant source of inspiration. Thank you.

Old 09-06-2020, 04:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
I am so glad you are still posting, Rosey! Your threads are a constant source of inspiration. Thank you.
Dear Mystic: Those are very kind words and much appreciated.

64 years ago this lovely journey into Him began for me. The years have been swallowed into wonderful new horizons which are so difficult to articulate. Two wee words should suffice: BUT GOD.

The following should more adequately express the result of Rosey's endeavours....

https://www.foxnews.com/lifestyle/da...-media-praises

Old 09-06-2020, 07:14 PM

"For all creation, gazing eagerly as if with outstretched neck, is waiting and longing to see the manifestation of the sons of God. For the creation fell into subjection to failure and unreality (not of its own choice, but by the will of Him who so subjected it). Yet there was always the hope that at last the creation itself would also be set free from the thraldom of decay so as to enjoy the liberty that will attend the glory of the children of God."

The Father has subjected creation to failure. We had no contribution to what transpired in Adam1 by way of disobedience.

Theos math =

Adam1 = the many made/ constituted sinners.

Last Adam = the identical many made/constituted sinners.

Old 09-07-2020, 03:31 AM

Restoration (The Feast of Tabernacles)

“The feast of tabernacles means the feast of in-gathering. It takes an eight day period to bring in the fullness of the in-gathering. Eight is the number of new beginnings in scripture or full restoration

1 Corinthians 15 is the last chapter in the Bible. The fifteenth chapter clearly shows how great the totality of the feast of tabernacles will be.

‘As in Adam all die (every preacher will agree that all people are in Adam but few believe that the word all mean all in the second part of the verse) so in Christ all shall be made alive.’ Jesus is going to gather all together in Himself.

He will have everyone in His nature.

Everything that occurs, occurs in the plan and order of God. In 1 Corinthians 15 God shows that there are different orders. The highest order is Jesus Christ.

Everything will, in time, be brought into Jesus Christ. All shall be gathered into Him. When this is done then Jesus, the Son, will turn all over to the Father. It is then we find that time ends, for God becomes All in all (verse 28). -Chas. Weller-

God All & in all

Old 09-07-2020, 07:29 AM

The message of the Prophets rings in our ears!

The Hum of all hums=

The Prophets

“He shall come down like rain upon the mown grass; as showers that water the earth. In his days shall the righteous flourish: and abundance of peace so long as the moon endures. He shall have dominion from sea to sea, and from the river unto the ends of the earth.” Psl. 72: 6-8.

" All the ends of the world shall remember and turn unto the Lord; and all the kindreds of the nations shall worship before you." Psl. 22: 27.

" All nations whom you have made shall come and worship before you, O Lord; and shall glorify your name." -Psl. 86: 9-

"Will the Lord cast off for ever? and will he be favorable no more? Is his mercy clean gone forever? does his promise fail for evermore? Has God forgotten to be gracious? has he in anger shut up his tender mercies? Selah.

And I said, This is my infirmity: but I will remember the years of the right hand of the Most High." - Ps. 77: 10.

“For he says, The Lord is merciful and gracious, slow to anger, and plenteous in mercy. He will not always chide: neither will he keep his anger forever”. Ps. 103: 9.

“For his anger endures but a moment; in his favor is life: weeping may endure for a night, but joy comes in the morning.” Ps. 30: 5.

“If his children forsake my law, and walk not in my judgments; if they break my statutes, and keep not my
commandments; then will I visit their transgressions with the rod, and their iniquities with stripes, nevertheless my loving kindness will I not utterly take from him, nor suffer my faithfulness to fail.” Ps. 89: 30-33.

“The Lord is gracious and full of compassion; slow to anger and of great mercy. The Lord is good to all and his tender mercies are over all his works.” Ps. 165: 8, 9.

" All nations whom you have made shall come and worship before you, O Lord, and shall glorify your name. "Ps. 86: 9.

“O you that hears prayer, unto you shall all flesh come.” Ps. 65: 2.

" All the ends of the earth shall remember and turn unto the Lord; and all the kindreds of the nations shall worship before you." Ps. 22: 27.

"He will swallow up death in victory; and the Lord God will wipe away tears from off all faces. " Isa. 25: 8.

"Look unto me and be you saved, all the ends of the earth , for I am God, and there is none else. I have sworn by myself; the word is gone out of my mouth in righteousness, and shall not return, that unto me every knee shall bow, every tongue shall swear, surely shall say: “In the Lord have I righteousness and strength.” Isa. 45: 24-27.

"He shall see of the travail of his soul and shall be satisfied."Isa. 53: 11.

“As the rain comes down, and the snow from heaven, and returns not thither, but waters the earth and makes it bring forth and bud that it may give seed to the sower, and bread to the eater, so shall my word be that goes forth out of my mouth, it shall not return unto me void, but it shall accomplish that which I please, and it shall prosper in the thing whereto I sent it.” Isa. 55: 10, 11.

“Can a woman forget her sucking child, that she should not have compassion on the son of her womb? Yea, they may forget, yet will I not forget you.” Isa. 49: 15.

“Behold, the days come, says the Lord, that I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel, and with the house of Judah: not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers, in the day that I took them by the hand to bring them out of the land of Egypt; which my covenant they broke although I was a husband unto them, says the Lord. But this shall be the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel: After those days, says the Lord, I will put my law in their inward parts, and write it in their hearts, and will be their God and they shall be my people. And they shall teach no more every man his neighbor, and every man his brother, saying, know the Lord, for they shall all know me from the least of them unto the greatest of them, says the Lord, for I will forgive their sin and I will remember their iniquity no more.” Jer. 31: 31-34.

“I will ransom them from the power of the grave; I will redeem them from death: O death, I will be your plagues: O grave, I will be your destruction: repentance shall be hid from mine eyes.” Hos. 13: 14.

“Who is a God like unto you, that pardons iniquity, and passes by the transgression of the remnant of his heritage? he retains not his anger forever because he delights in mercy. He will turn again, he will have compassion upon us. He will subdue our iniquities, and you will cast all their sins into the depth of the sea. You will perform the truth to Jacob, and the mercy to Abraham, which you have sworn unto our fathers from the days of old.” Mic. 7: 18, 19, 20.

“And there was given him dominion, and glory and a kingdom, that all people, nations and languages should serve him: his dominion is an ever lasting dominion, which shall not pass away, and his kingdom that which shall not be destroyed.” Dan. 7: 14.

Old 09-07-2020, 08:33 AM

Is all an synecdoche or metonymy in the following?

Perhaps the radical all of pas should be tis (some) in scope in tis occasions. Let's try that in the following passages

1 Cor. 15:22

“For as in Adam [some] die, so also in Christ [some] shall be made alive. But each in his own order; Christ the first fruits, after that those who are Christ’s at His coming, then comes the end, when He delivers up the kingdom to the God and Father, when He has abolished [some] rule and [some] authority and power.”

Rev. 5:13

“And [some] created things that are in heaven and on the earth and under the earth and on the sea, and [some] things in them, I heard saying, To Him who sits on the throne and the Lamb, be blessing and honour and glory and dominion and power forever.” -Col. 1:18-20

“He too is that head whose body is the Church, the Firstborn from the dead, he is to the Church the Source of its life, that in [some] things He might occupy the foremost place/ to be in [some] things alone supreme. For it pleased the Father that in him the divine nature in [some] of its fullness should dwell. And, having made peace through the blood of His cross, by him to reconcile [some] things unto Himself; by him, I say, whether they be things on earth, or things in heaven. And you that were sometimes alienated…” -Acts 3:20,21

“And He will send Jesus, your destined Christ, yet heaven must retain Him, until the restitution of [some]things. (when [some] things are put right)” -1 Cor. 15:28

“And when [some] things shall be subdued unto Him, then shall the Son also Himself be subject unto Him that put [some] things under Him, that God may be [some in some.]” -1 Cor. 15:25,27

“For He must reign until He hath put [some] enemies under His feet…For He hath put [some] things under His feet. But when He saith [some] things are put under Him, it is manifest that He is excepted, which did put [some] things under Him.” -Romans 11:32

“For God has consigned [some] men to disobedience that He might have mercy upon [some].” -Eph. 4:10

“Yes, He who came down is the same who is gone up, far above [some] heavens, that He might fill [some] things with His Presence.” -John 5:28

“Marvel not at this: for the hour is coming, in the which [some] that are in the graves shall hear His voice. Those who have done good will to live and those who have done evil to the resurrection of judgment.” -1 Timothy 2:4

“For this is good and pleasing in the eyes of God our Saviour; who will have [some] men to be saved and come to an increasing knowledge of the truth.” -1 Timothy 2:6

“For there is one intermediary (One who brings God and men together) who gave Himself a ransom in behalf of [some] to be testified in due time.” -Cor. 5:15

“For the love of God overmasters us because we judge that if one died for [some], then were [some] dead; And that His purpose in dying for [some] was that men, while still in life, should cease to live for themselves, and should live for Him who for their sake died and was raised to life.” -Col. 1:16

"For by Him were [some] things created, of things in heaven and on earth, things seen and things unseen (angels or archangels and [some] of the powers of Heaven)…[some] things were created by Him, and for Him ([some] were made by Christ for His own use and glory.) -John 3:35

“The Father loves the Son, and has given [some] things into His hand ([has given Him control over less than everything]). Whoever trusts on the Son possesses eternal life and he who does not obey the Son, God’s displeasure hangs over him continually.” -Gal. 3:20

“The Scripture has concluded/consigned [some] without exception to the custody of sin, in order that the promise by faith in Christ Jesus might be given to those who believe in Him.” -Heb. 1:2

“God…hath in these days spoken unto us in His Son who is the predestined Lord of the universe. (whom he has appointed heir of [some] things)” -2 Cor. 5:14

“For the love of Christ constrains/overmasters/compels/controls us, and this is the conviction we have reached; if one man died on behalf of [some], then [some] thereby became dead men. Christ died for [some], so that being alive should no longer mean living with our own life, but with his life who died for [some] of us and has risen again.” -Heb.8:11

“And they shall not teach [some] men his neighbor, and [some] his brother, saying get to know the Lord, for [some] of them shall know me from small to great. For I will be merciful to their unrighteousness…” -Acts 10:36

"The word which God sent unto the children of Israel, preaching peace by Jesus Christ: He is Lord of [some]. -Rom. 11:36

“For from him [some] things come; through Him [some] things exist; and in him [some] things end.” (For of him and through him, and to him are [some] things.) -Eph. 4:6

“One Lord, one faith, one baptism. One God and Father of [some], who is over [some], and works through [some, and dwells in some.]” -Heb. 12:23

“To the festal gathering and Church of the first-born, enrolled as citizens in heaven, and to God the Judge of [some] men and unto the spirits of righteous ones made perfect.” -James 2:10

“For whomsoever shall keep the whole law, but fails in a single point, has become guilty of violating [some].” -Romans 3:22,23

“…the righteous of God which comes by believing in Jesus Christ. …For [some] have sinned/ none have attained the glorious likeness of God/lack the glory that comes from God/ are deprived of the Divine splendour.” -John 17:2

"You have made him sovereign over [some] of mankind that he should give aionios life to as many as You have given him.” -Romans 9:5

“The patriarchs are theirs and of their race, according to the flesh, is the Christ. May God who is supreme above [some], be blessed throughout the ages.” -2 Peter 3:9

“The Lord is not slack/does not loiter/ is not dilatory concerning his promise, according to some people’s conception of slowness; but He bears patiently with you, because it is not His will for any to be lost, but for [some] to come/reach repentance.” -Phil. 2:10,11

"In order that in adoration of the Name of Jesus [some] knees will bow themselves and openly acknowledge with joy, in celebration and praise, that Jesus Christ is Lord to the glory of God the Father. This profession and confession of His lordship shall be open and freely proclaimed, acknowledged joyfully by [some] beings in the heavens, by [some] beings on the earth and by [some] beings in the underworld.

Please remember

All/pas does not radically mean all.

Whole is not whole.

All = Some/ tis.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity