Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-18-2022, 01:17 AM

7,530 posts, read 3,021,446 times

Advertisements

Rev. 5:13

Every created thing (παν κτισμα). Every creature in a still wider antiphonal circle beyond the circle of angels (from κτιζω, for which see 1 Timothy 4:4; James 1:18), from all the four great fields of life (in heaven, upon the earth, under the earth as in verse Revelation 5:3, with on the sea επ της θαλασσης added).

No created thing is left out. This universal chorus of praise to Christ from all created life reminds one of the profound mystical passage in Romans 8:20-22 concerning the sympathetic agony of creation (κτισις) in hope of freedom from the bondage of corruption. If the trail of the serpent is on all creation, it will be ultimately thrown off.

Saying (λεγοντας). Masculine (construction according to sense, personifying the created things) if genuine, though some MSS. have λεγοντα (grammatical gender agreeing with παντα) present active participle of λεγω, to say.

And to the Lamb (κα τω αρνιω). Dative case. Praise and worship are rendered to the Lamb precisely as to God on the throne. Note separate articles here in the doxology as in Revelation 4:11 and the addition of το κρατος (active power) in place of ισχυς (reserve of strength) in Revelation 5:12. ~A.T. Robertson (N.T. Word Pictures)

Old 05-18-2022, 01:39 AM

8,039 posts, read 1,837,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rose2Luv View Post
Rev. 5:13

Every created thing (παν κτισμα). Every creature in a still wider antiphonal circle beyond the circle of angels (from κτιζω, for which see 1 Timothy 4:4; James 1:18), from all the four great fields of life (in heaven, upon the earth, under the earth as in verse Revelation 5:3, with on the sea επ της θαλασσης added).

No created thing is left out. This universal chorus of praise to Christ from all created life reminds one of the profound mystical passage in Romans 8:20-22 concerning the sympathetic agony of creation (κτισις) in hope of freedom from the bondage of corruption. If the trail of the serpent is on all creation, it will be ultimately thrown off.

Saying (λεγοντας). Masculine (construction according to sense, personifying the created things) if genuine, though some MSS. have λεγοντα (grammatical gender agreeing with παντα) present active participle of λεγω, to say.

And to the Lamb (κα τω αρνιω). Dative case. Praise and worship are rendered to the Lamb precisely as to God on the throne. Note separate articles here in the doxology as in Revelation 4:11 and the addition of το κρατος (active power) in place of ισχυς (reserve of strength) in Revelation 5:12. ~A.T. Robertson (N.T. Word Pictures)
Rev 5:13, And every creature which is in heaven, and on the earth, and under the earth, and such as are in the sea, and all that are in them, heard I saying, Blessing, and honour, and glory, and power, be unto him that sitteth upon the throne, and unto the Lamb for ever and ever.

Every creature; which refers to the animals.

Mankind is obviously left out because people in humanity blaspheme God later in the book (Revelation 16:9-11).

Old 05-18-2022, 07:58 AM

7,530 posts, read 3,021,446 times
"Every creature" is exactly that, every created thing!

Those who are lost or perished, are like the lost sheep. The lost sheep was perished, but the shepherd sought it out and restored it. We are all like the lost sheep before God finds us. Even now we are.

We are all apollumi (lost and perished) as the lost sheep was. We are separated and alienated from God.

But the lost sheep did not stay that way. And neither does anyone else. The Good Shepherd does not stop looking until He has found the last one.

Old 05-18-2022, 10:52 AM

4,625 posts, read 1,170,418 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by legoman View Post
You are misunderstanding these verses. The unrighteous will not inherit the Kingdom, yet all will be made righteous eventually. It's that simple.

I know you will bring up verses about everlasting fire & the lake of fire, or maybe gehenna etc. Its ok, we've been over it. It is good news for all.

Romans 5
18 Consequently, just as one trespass resulted in condemnation for all people, so also one righteous act resulted in justification and life for all people.
19 For just as through the disobedience of the one man the many were made sinners, so also through the obedience of the one man the many will be made righteous.

Like Rose2Luv said, it is a balanced equation
No Im not misunderstanding them obviously you are. The unrighteous [shall not]thats a promise, inherite the kingdom, thats eternal life.

1 Cor 6:9-10

9 Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind,

10 Nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners, shall inherit the kingdom of God.

Old 05-18-2022, 11:29 AM

676 posts, read 203,376 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brightfame52 View Post
No Im not misunderstanding them obviously you are. The unrighteous [shall not]thats a promise, inherite the kingdom, thats eternal life.

9 Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind,

10 Nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners, shall inherit the kingdom of God.
YOU JUST DON'T GET BF. People change. Look at Saul. Saul could not enter the kingdom EVER! But Saul is now Paul. Can't you see this? This verse is perfectly true, all those will not inherit the kingdom but through Christ, they cease that behavior. Some do it with little help, some with much loss and pain but in the end Brightfame52, God wins. Are you really capable of believing that 2 different realms will exist forever, one with 99% of souls screaming in agony forever and the other partying on in paradise like nothing is wrong? ReallY??

Old 05-18-2022, 11:42 AM

6,657 posts, read 8,126,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brightfame52 View Post

Simple question. Were you ever unrighteous?

Old 05-18-2022, 11:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HAL-5 View Post
YOU JUST DON'T GET BF. People change. Look at Saul. Saul could not enter the kingdom EVER! But Saul is now Paul. Can't you see this? This verse is perfectly true, all those will not inherit the kingdom but through Christ, they cease that behavior. Some do it with little help, some with much loss and pain but in the end Brightfame52, God wins. Are you really capable of believing that 2 different realms will exist forever, one with 99% of souls screaming in agony forever and the other partying on in paradise like nothing is wrong? ReallY??
Yep.

However there is another level understanding here we can address in a future post... Just because someone does not enter the "Kingdom of God", does not mean they will not ultimately be saved/reconciled.

I was recently re-reading this study, take a peek if you are so inclined HAL-5.

https://www.mercifultruth.com/links-chosenkingdom.html

Those chosen for the Kingdom of God will bring the rest of the harvest in.

Old 05-18-2022, 11:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by justbyfaith View Post
I would say that the website you have posted is one-sided and does not give any room for arguments to the contrary.

And all of it is basically subjective since we do not have the original manuscripts anymore and therefore it cannot be determined that anything in the kjv was an actual mistranslation.

Because the only way to prove that anything was mistranslated would be to go to the original manuscripts and show that the word that was translated does not mean what was written in the original manuscripts.
By your same reasoning since we don't have the "original manuscripts", you cannot determine that anything in the KJV is accurate.

However we are not talking about the "original manuscripts"... but simply the translation from the Hebrew or Greek languages - WHICH WE DO HAVE. Look at blueletterbible.org for one source.

And anyone can go see how the KJV arbitrarily translates the Greek & Hebrew differently/incorrectly in many cases. Even you can look for yourself, but I guess you are afraid to look lest your belief system is challenged. The mistranslation of Gehenna as 'hell' is one of the most glaring errors, but there are many other examples.

Old 05-18-2022, 01:49 PM

63,785 posts, read 40,053,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by legoman View Post
Yep.

However there is another level understanding here we can address in a future post... Just because someone does not enter the "Kingdom of God", does not mean they will not ultimately be saved/reconciled.

I was recently re-reading this study, take a peek if you are so inclined HAL-5.

https://www.mercifultruth.com/links-chosenkingdom.html

Those chosen for the Kingdom of God will bring the rest of the harvest in.

Old 05-18-2022, 02:53 PM

11,895 posts, read 3,685,900 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HAL-5 View Post
I think he does believe exactly that!

How I understand it is there is an obtuseness of those attached to their own inherited systems referred to here in Hebrews

Heb 6:1**Therefore leaving the principles of the doctrine of Christ, let us go on unto perfection; not laying again the foundation of repentance from dead works, and of faith toward God,
Heb 6:2**Of the doctrine of baptisms, and of laying on of hands, and of resurrection of the dead, and of eternal judgment.

Those in the systems will understand/interpret in a different manner than those out of those systems

This is the meaning ‘in the body’ or ‘out of the body’ referred to here

2Co 12:2**I knew a man in Christ above fourteen years ago, (whether in the body, I cannot tell; or whether out of the body, I cannot tell: God knoweth; ) such an one caught up to the third heaven.
2Co 12:3**And I knew such a man, (whether in the body, or out of the body, I cannot tell: God knoweth; )
2Co 12:4**How that he was caught up into paradise, and heard unspeakable words, which it is not lawful for a man to utter.
2Co 12:5**Of such an one will I glory: yet of myself I will not glory, but in mine infirmities.

And here

2Co 5:6**Therefore we are always confident, knowing that, whilst we are at home in the body, we are absent from the Lord:
2Co 5:7**(For we walk by faith, not by sight: )
2Co 5:8**We are confident, I say, and willing rather to be absent from the body, and to be present with the Lord.
2Co 5:9**Wherefore we labour, that, whether present or absent, we may be accepted of him.
2Co 5:10**For we must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ; that every one may receive the things done in his body, according to that he hath done, whether it be good or bad.

Last edited by Meerkat2; 05-18-2022 at 03:03 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity