Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-19-2022, 08:27 PM

8,039 posts, read 1,837,694 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
Neither of them verses mention anything about being IN Christ.
They don't need to. It is biblically viable that those who are recipients of grace are in Christ.

It is the teaching of the Bible that those who are not in Christ are not saved...and we are saved by grace.

Quote:
Obviously your faith is in your own faith. You are boasting in yourself
My faith came by hearing and hearing by the word of God (Romans 10:17).

Old 05-19-2022, 08:30 PM

6,657 posts, read 8,126,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justbyfaith View Post
There are few, who, in seeking out the truth, actually find the truth.

Others have the truth shoved in their faces and there are many who will receive the gospel that way. They did not seek it and find it; they are not of the few who will do that.

Nevertheless they will be saved because the gospel was brought to them (even shoved down their throats).
So you believe many are saved?

Old 05-19-2022, 08:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by legoman View Post
So you believe many are saved?
I believe that if many are saved, it is because they entered in through the narrow gate.

The broad path leads to destruction (Matthew 7:13-14).

Old 05-19-2022, 08:37 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,279,591 times
Quote:
They don't need to. It is biblically viable that those who are recipients of grace are in Christ.

It is the teaching of the Bible that those who are not in Christ are not saved...and we are saved by grace.

Yes it does need to, especially when you keep telling us everything is plain speech.

THEREFORE as by the offence of one judgment came upon all men to condemnation; EVEN SO by the righteousness of one the free gift came upon all men unto justification of life.

What Adam DID came to ALL men EVEN SO, what Christ DID came to All men. This verse is clearly saying this, and you can't see the plain speech that you boast the Holy "Guest" presents to you.

There's no if's, but's and however's in this verse.

Old 05-19-2022, 08:38 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,279,591 times
Quote:
Did you choose to be in Adam?
Jbf ?

Old 05-19-2022, 09:10 PM

63,785 posts, read 40,053,123 times
Quote:
Your faith came by reading the interpreted Bible and IGNORING the personal and direct Divine Revelation of God's True Nature by THE Word of God, Jesus Christ!!! You are in such primitive OT confusion and doo-doo you can't possibly escape from it. Sadly, I fear you are not alone!

Old 05-19-2022, 09:14 PM

Quote:
Again I ask, if many are made righteous, why do you think it is only 'few' are saved?
And yes even those who do not enter the Kingdom of God at this time will be saved later.

Read this:
https://www.mercifultruth.com/links-chosenkingdom.html

Really. Please read it. All of it.

Many are called but few are chosen. Few will enter. What do you think the few will be doing? Hanging out in heaven peacefully while the rest of humanity is tortured forever? NO.

What is the Kingdom of God?

"Did you realize that God is choosing very few people, who have been faithful to the end, to inherit His reign for the purpose of becoming PASTORS to the entire world? Just as God chooses shepherds (pastors) in the Body of Christ, God will be using the Kingdom through His Son to be SHEPHERDS under Christ over all Creation who are groaning to be "delivered into the glorious freedom of the Children of God." Remember: "the saints shall judge the world." They will do that with the purpose to break them all down, so they can receive the food of humility.
"

Romans 8:18-24
For I consider that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory which shall be revealed in us. For the earnest expectation of the creation eagerly waits for the revealing of the sons of God. For the creation was subjected to futility, not willingly, but because of Him who subjected it in hope; because the creation itself also will be delivered from the bondage of corruption into the glorious liberty of the children of God. For we know that the whole creation groans and labors with birth pangs together until now.

1 Corinthians 6:2-3
Do ye not know that the saints shall judge the world? and if the world shall be judged by you, are ye unworthy to judge the smallest matters? Don't you realize that we will judge angels?

Revelation 2:26-27
And he that overcometh, and keepeth my works unto the end, to him will I (Jesus) give power over the nations: And he shall rule (POIMANO) them with a rod of iron; as the vessels of a potter shall they be broken to shivers: even as I received of my Father.

POIMANO - is to shepherd.

God is calling a few to inherit his Kingdom; they are given a very high calling - to bring in the harvest of everyone else.
I think justbyfaith and jimmiej did not see this; or they ignored it.

For the interested reader: the kingdom of God has a greater purpose than you can imagine.

'Did you realize that God is choosing very few people, who have been faithful to the end, to inherit His reign for the purpose of becoming PASTORS to the entire world? Just as God chooses shepherds (pastors) in the Body of Christ, God will be using the Kingdom through His Son to be SHEPHERDS under Christ over all Creation who are groaning to be "delivered into the glorious freedom of the Children of God." Remember: "the saints shall judge the world." They will do that with the purpose to break them all down, so they can receive the food of humility.'

Old 05-19-2022, 09:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
Your faith came by reading the interpreted Bible and IGNORING the personal and direct Divine Revelation of God's True Nature by THE Word of God, Jesus Christ!!! You are in such primitive OT confusion and doo-doo you can't possibly escape from it. Sadly, I fear you are not alone!
This insidious teaching of eternal conscious torment - souls being tortured forever, endless billions of years, no closer to any relief - it is truly a horrible thing. And this goes on while Christ's followers are at peace in "heaven"... how can anyone be at peace knowing this?

It is a very interesting but sad phenomena, that those who believe in this evil doctrine, defend it as if their own soul depended on it. So they are blinded to see anything but the reign of eternal torment, because without it, they feel they are risking their worldview and their very soul. It is the power of FEAR.

Old 05-19-2022, 09:49 PM

20,439 posts, read 12,779,436 times
Quote:
First of all, I already analyzed it, did you miss the post? I'm not trying to avoid your questions. I'm trying to engage you and show you why I understand the things the way I do. But you need to read what I write.

https://www.city-data.com/forum/63462817-post7860.html

I'll paste it here:

Luke 13
22 Then Jesus went through the towns and villages, teaching as he made his way to Jerusalem. 23 Someone asked him, “Lord, are only a few people going to be saved?”

He said to them, 24 “Make every effort to enter through the narrow door, because many, I tell you, will try to enter and will not be able to. 25 Once the owner of the house gets up and closes the door, you will stand outside knocking and pleading, ‘Sir, open the door for us.’

“But he will answer, ‘I don’t know you or where you come from.’

26 “Then you will say, ‘We ate and drank with you, and you taught in our streets.’

27 “But he will reply, ‘I don’t know you or where you come from. Away from me, all you evildoers!’

28 “There will be weeping there, and gnashing of teeth, when you see Abraham, Isaac and Jacob and all the prophets in the kingdom of God, but you yourselves thrown out. 29 People will come from east and west and north and south, and will take their places at the feast in the kingdom of God. 30 Indeed there are those who are last who will be first, and first who will be last.”

Notice Jesus answer to the question "are only a few people going to be saved?". He tells people to follow the narrow path, because he won't know them if they aren't on it. Very true. Even so far as to speak about them not being in the Kingdom of God. I suppose some think that is evidence that they never get in, or are simply left to burn in endless fire (that is not stated).

However the last line of the response is of utmost importance: The last shall be first and the first shall be last!. This is a common theme. Its not "the first shall be tortured forever". No. The first shall be last. It is implying a definite order of things. The proud shall be humbled, and the meek shall inherit the earth.

Now additionally, this cannot contradict Romans 5... and Romans 5 says MANY are made righteous. Not a FEW.

Additionally look at the other post I made about the purpose of the Kingdom of God.
So, how will these (that were shut out) get back in once the door is shut?

Old 05-19-2022, 10:10 PM

Quote:
Yes it does need to, especially when you keep telling us everything is plain speech.

THEREFORE as by the offence of one judgment came upon all men to condemnation; EVEN SO by the righteousness of one the free gift came upon all men unto justification of life.

What Adam DID came to ALL men EVEN SO, what Christ DID came to All men. This verse is clearly saying this, and you can't see the plain speech that you boast the Holy "Guest" presents to you.

There's no if's, but's and however's in this verse.
It is a free gift, and a gift must be received in order to be appropriated.

In Christ all shall be made alive. There are those who are still in Adam, and not alive in Christ.

Quote:
Did you choose to be in Adam?
Quote:
Jbf ?
I have no recollection of whether I had any kind of life before I was born; or whether I chose to be in Adam.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
Yes, for while Jesus is the Word (and not the Word "of God"; for He is God);

The Bible is the word of God.

Last edited by justbyfaith; 05-19-2022 at 10:19 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity