Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-21-2021, 04:02 PM

4,483 posts, read 1,318,618 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
I deny no scripture that agrees with Jesus, Charlie. I interpret scripture more intelligently and knowledgeably than our primitive ancestors or their successors. Your mistake is thinking WE are judged but it is our works that are judged and we are "saved as by fire," Charlie.
That PLAINLY states that what we DO or have DONE is judged "to make manifest in our consciences" the error of our ways, Charlie. We will reap the consequences of them in the lake of fire where the dross is refined out for an age-during time equivalent to what we sowed. Thanks to Jesus whatever we have done that is good or we have repented of escapes as do WE who are "saved as by fire."
Yeah, and no concern about what you did wrong is there, Mystic.

The Judgement Seat of Christ is not about salvation, those who have overcome this world will be the only ones at that judgement.

It's the White Throne of Judgement that the lost will face to everlasting punishment separated from God.

Paul is telling us to make sure we know what we are doing according to scripture.

I'm warning you Mystic, you don't know what you are doing with this UR thing. It should be a warning of itself that can prove nothing they say from scripture.

You will not lose your salvation for teaching the UR, if your faith is in Christ. But you sure will suffer loss when the rewards are given out, and you will be ashamed of it!

Old 06-21-2021, 04:16 PM

63,785 posts, read 40,047,381 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie24 View Post
Yeah, and no concern about what you did wrong is there, Mystic.

The Judgement Seat of Christ is not about salvation, those who have overcome this world will be the only ones at that judgement.

It's the White Throne of Judgement that the lost will face to everlasting punishment separated from God.

Paul is telling us to make sure we know what we are doing according to scripture.

I'm warning you Mystic, you don't know what you are doing with this UR thing. It should be a warning of itself that can prove nothing they say from scripture.

You will not lose your salvation for teaching the UR, if your faith is in Christ. But you sure will suffer loss when the rewards are given out, and you will be ashamed of it!
Charlie, I tell you in all sincerity, that if God is the way you believe Him to be and not as Jesus revealed Him to be, I would be ashamed of God.

Old 06-21-2021, 04:21 PM

Quote:
Charlie, I tell you in all sincerity, that if God is the way you believe Him to be and not as Jesus revealed Him to be, I would be ashamed of God.
I'm ashamed for you, Mystic! You know as well as I that you are denying the punishment not only for doing what we should have done according to scripture in studying to show yourself approved, but also denying the eternal separation from God through unbelief.

You just do as you see fit, I did what I had to do and I will leave it there.

Old 06-21-2021, 04:32 PM

Quote:
I'm ashamed for you, Mystic! You know as well as I that you are denying the punishment not only for doing what we should have done according to scripture in studying to show yourself approved, but also denying the eternal separation from God through unbelief.

You just do as you see fit, I did what I had to do and I will leave it there.
How did you miss the refinement of the dross in the lake of fire as reaping EXACTLY whatever we sow, Charlie. Why is that not sufficient for you. What is this punishment that you seem to require that must last for an eternity?? That bespeaks of a very hateful and broken soul to demand that be true. I can think of NOTHING that would EVER require eternal punishment, Charlie, NOTHING!

Old 06-21-2021, 04:44 PM

Quote:
How did you miss the refinement of the dross in the lake of fire as reaping EXACTLY whatever we sow, Charlie. Why is that not sufficient for you. What is this punishment that you seem to require that must last for an eternity?? That bespeaks of a very hateful and broken soul to demand that be true. I can think of NOTHING that would EVER require eternal punishment, Charlie, NOTHING!
Show me in scripture where hell is the "refinement of dross." It's not there Mystic, wake up!

The "refinement of dross" takes place in this lifetime through our sanctification by the indwelling Holy Spirit.

You have not studied the scripture Mystic, that I know for sure!

No wonder why with your attitude toward the authors.

Old 06-21-2021, 05:17 PM

Quote:
Show me in scripture where hell is the "refinement of dross." It's not there Mystic, wake up!

The "refinement of dross" takes place in this lifetime through our sanctification by the indwelling Holy Spirit.
It does, Charlie, but will you be satisfied that it was sufficient. Do you really think you have removed all the failures from your Spirit, Charlie? Do you really remember all that you needed to repent of? Have you actually made restitution to those you have hurt or harmed by your "works"?
Quote:
You have not studied the scripture Mystic, that I know for sure!
Stop that, Charlie. You know no such thing and I'm pretty sure you know that I have studied the scripture. I just used a different context to interpret it based on the revelations and unambiguous demonstration of God's Holy Spirit of agape love by Jesus.
Quote:
No wonder why with your attitude toward the authors.
I do not blame the authors for their primitive understanding, lack of knowledge, and barbaric beliefs about God, Charlie. But I do blame you for retaining them as infallible truth by ignoring what Jesus revealed.

Old 06-21-2021, 05:21 PM

Quote:
It does, Charlie, but will you be satisfied that it was sufficient. Do you really think you have removed all the failures from your Spirit, Charlie? Do you really remember all that you needed to repent of? Have you actually made restitution to those you have hurt or harmed by your "works"? Stop that, Charlie. You know no such thing and I'm pretty sure you know that I have studied the scripture. I just used a different context to interpret it based on the revelations and unambiguous demonstration of God's Holy Spirit of agape love by Jesus. I do not blame the authors for their primitive understanding, lack of knowledge, and barbaric beliefs about God, Charlie. But I do blame you for retaining them as infallible truth by ignoring what Jesus revealed.
LOL, time for another truce! Can't agree with any of this!

Old 06-21-2021, 05:27 PM

11,895 posts, read 3,685,900 times
Quote:
LOL, time for another truce! Can't agree with any of this!
Maybe it is, because it seems to me you are both just going round and round in circles, not achieving what you want the other to see/perceive/understand about your respective perspectives - gotta give credit where it’s due, you both have perseverance

Old 06-21-2021, 06:54 PM

7,530 posts, read 3,020,870 times
No Scripture Continued

No one can obey the divine commandment, which is, to pray for all men in faith, unless they believe in universal salvation.

Calvinists can pray for all; but for the elect only can they pray in faith.

Arminians can pray for all; but, in faith, only for part.

Universalists can pray for all mankind, in full faith, “without wrath or doubting.”

They are the only class of Christians who obey both of these divine injunctions, and whose faith corresponds with their prayers.

It is the desire of every true Christian that all may be redeemed.

There is not a follower of Christ on earth, but who desires that all our race may enjoy the salvation of God.

This blessed faith is in accordance with every Christian’s heart. Wicked men only hope it may prove false, that they may be gratified by the damnation of their enemies.

It is, then, the will of God – was the prayer of Christ – is the desire of all the angels of heaven, and of all the Christians on earth, that all mankind may “be saved, and come to the knowledge of the truth.”

Can that be an error, which God, Christ, all the angels and Christians are in favor of?

Are they all enlisted on the side of a base falsehood?

The goodness of men would cause them to save all, if they had power.

Will not God redeem all, who is infinite in goodness, and has ample power?

Would a drop of love in the human breast save the world, and will the ocean of love which God possesses cause him to damn half of it?

Can a stream rise higher than its fountain?

“Shall mortal man be more just than God? Shall a man be more pure than his Maker?” Job 4:17.

A man would be deemed a monster who should say that he would, if he could, ruin half of mankind; yet, we are told that God has said he will do it!

The Love of God never fails, EVER.

Old 06-21-2021, 08:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rose2Luv View Post
No Scripture Continued

No one can obey the divine commandment, which is, to pray for all men in faith, unless they believe in universal salvation.

Calvinists can pray for all; but for the elect only can they pray in faith.

Arminians can pray for all; but, in faith, only for part.

Universalists can pray for all mankind, in full faith, “without wrath or doubting.”

They are the only class of Christians who obey both of these divine injunctions, and whose faith corresponds with their prayers.

It is the desire of every true Christian that all may be redeemed.

There is not a follower of Christ on earth, but who desires that all our race may enjoy the salvation of God.

This blessed faith is in accordance with every Christian’s heart. Wicked men only hope it may prove false, that they may be gratified by the damnation of their enemies.

It is, then, the will of God – was the prayer of Christ – is the desire of all the angels of heaven, and of all the Christians on earth, that all mankind may “be saved, and come to the knowledge of the truth.”

Can that be an error, which God, Christ, all the angels and Christians are in favor of?

Are they all enlisted on the side of a base falsehood?

The goodness of men would cause them to save all, if they had power.

Will not God redeem all, who is infinite in goodness, and has ample power?

Would a drop of love in the human breast save the world, and will the ocean of love which God possesses cause him to damn half of it?

Can a stream rise higher than its fountain?

“Shall mortal man be more just than God? Shall a man be more pure than his Maker?” Job 4:17.

A man would be deemed a monster who should say that he would, if he could, ruin half of mankind; yet, we are told that God has said he will do it!

The Love of God never fails, EVER.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity