Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-26-2022, 07:33 PM

8,039 posts, read 1,837,694 times

Advertisements

I was just reading some of the original posts in this thread, and it got me thinking that some who actually believe this bullcrap will actually say to God, when asked what He ought to do with them, will say, "cast me into the lake of fire."

If he does cast them in, it is because their names are not written in the Lamb's Book of Life and because they are worthy of the second death.

How much better would it be to receive Jesus as your Lord and Saviour in the course of this life so that your name might be written in the Lamb's Book of Life and you will not be cast into the lake of fire.

Because there is the distinct probability that the lake of fire is a permanent location for all who are cast therein (see Revelation 20:10).

Old 05-26-2022, 07:47 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,279,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justbyfaith View Post
A shepherd may do all that he can to find a sheep that is gone astray; but if the wolf reaches him before the shepherd does, that sheep will be fodder for that wolf.

Sad but true.
You just don't get it do you ? The wolf reaching the lost sheep before the Good Shepherd is not the narrative of the parable. You have the devil finding the lost before Jesus does, you speak on behalf of the wolf.

Old 05-26-2022, 08:18 PM

6,657 posts, read 8,126,771 times
Quote:
A shepherd may do all that he can to find a sheep that is gone astray; but if the wolf reaches him before the shepherd does, that sheep will be fodder for that wolf.

Sad but true.
Wow this is hilarious, jbf preaching the good news as always.

Why don’t actually go read the parable?

Old 05-26-2022, 09:40 PM

553 posts, read 172,134 times
Quote:
So, okay, considering that what you are saying is true about APOLLYMI,

Jesus was saying that unless you repent, you will all likewise be lost.

How does that change the general meaning of what has been spoken?

For, those who are lost will most assuredly perish.

You quoted part of Luke 13, the verse at Luke 13:5? Why don't you read the context of Luke 13:5 in modern language?

"It was just at this moment that some people came up to tell him the story of the Galileans whose blood Pilate had mixed with that of their own sacrifices. Jesus made this reply to them: “Are you thinking that these Galileans were worse sinners than any other men of Galilee because this happened to them? I assure you that is not so. You will all die just as miserable a death unless your hearts are changed! You remember those eighteen people who were killed at Siloam when the tower collapsed upon them? Are you imagining that they were worse offenders than any of the other people who lived in Jerusalem? I assure you they were not. You will all die as tragically unless your whole outlook is changed!”

Now look at the ending verses of Luke 13. Jesus was warning them in that whole chapter about the future destruction of Jerusalem. And, of course, they all died a miserable death.

But were they lost forever? Read Romans 11:26-29

And in this way all Israel will be saved, as it is written,
“The Deliverer will come from Zion,

he will banish ungodliness from Jacob;

and this will be my covenant with them

when I take away their sins.”
As regards the gospel, they are enemies for your sake. But as regards election, they are beloved for the sake of their forefathers. For the gifts and the calling of God are irrevocable.

Last edited by Mightyqueen801; 05-26-2022 at 10:00 PM.. Reason: Leave red for the mods, thanks.

Old 05-26-2022, 09:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
you just don't get it do you ? The wolf reaching the lost sheep before the good shepherd is not the narrative of the parable. You have the devil finding the lost before jesus does, you speak on behalf of the wolf.
lol

Old 05-26-2022, 10:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wellsmaine View Post
You quoted part of Luke 13, the verse at Luke 13:5? Why don't you read the context of Luke 13:5 in modern language?

"It was just at this moment that some people came up to tell him the story of the Galileans whose blood Pilate had mixed with that of their own sacrifices. Jesus made this reply to them: “Are you thinking that these Galileans were worse sinners than any other men of Galilee because this happened to them? I assure you that is not so. You will all die just as miserable a death unless your hearts are changed! You remember those eighteen people who were killed at Siloam when the tower collapsed upon them? Are you imagining that they were worse offenders than any of the other people who lived in Jerusalem? I assure you they were not. You will all die as tragically unless your whole outlook is changed!”

Now look at the ending verses of Luke 13. Jesus was warning them in that whole chapter about the future destruction of Jerusalem. And, of course, they all died a miserable death.

But were they lost forever? Read Romans 11:26-29

And in this way all Israel will be saved, as it is written,
“The Deliverer will come from Zion,

he will banish ungodliness from Jacob;

and this will be my covenant with them

when I take away their sins.”
As regards the gospel, they are enemies for your sake. But as regards election, they are beloved for the sake of their forefathers. For the gifts and the calling of God are irrevocable.
This is also what Paul says about the fate of certain ones who are descended from Jacob.

Rom 11:9, And David saith, Let their table be made a snare, and a trap, and a stumblingblock, and a recompence unto them:
Rom 11:10, Let their eyes be darkened, that they may not see, and bow down their back ALWAY.

In the last days all of Israel will be saved; however, until the times of the Gentiles are fulfilled, there are those who are even of Israel who will have as their fate everlasting torment, i.e. their back will be bowed back always; and they will not be able to see.

Old 05-27-2022, 12:04 AM

Quote:
This is also what Paul says about the fate of certain ones who are descended from Jacob.

Rom 11:9, And David saith, Let their table be made a snare, and a trap, and a stumblingblock, and a recompence unto them:
Rom 11:10, Let their eyes be darkened, that they may not see, and bow down their back ALWAY.

In the last days all of Israel will be saved; however, until the times of the Gentiles are fulfilled, there are those who are even of Israel who will have as their fate everlasting torment, i.e. their back will be bowed back always; and they will not be able to see.
One more verse there, bub, for idiomatic clarity. Romans 11:11 So I ask: When the Jews fell, did that fall destroy them? No!

Old 05-27-2022, 12:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wellsmaine View Post
One more verse there, bub, for idiomatic clarity. Romans 11:11 So I ask: When the Jews fell, did that fall destroy them? No!
Verse 11 does not change the fact that their backs are bent back alway according to verses 9-10; nor does it change the fact that they will be unable to see because of darkness.

It is true that all of Israel shall in fact be saved after that the times of the Gentiles have been fulfilled;

However, before that time comes, there are Jews who will be subjected eternally to the punishment in verses 9-10 of Romans 11 when they have passed into the next life.

The point being that when Jesus says, "Except ye repent, you will all likewise perish..."

The perishing that He is speaking of is the same perishing that is spoken of in John 3:16, in contrast to everlasting life.

Biblically the perishing spoken of refers to being cast into the furnace of everlasting fire (Matthew 25:41) where there is wailing and gnashing of teeth (Matthew 13:41-42, 13:49-50); where they are tormented day and night for ever and ever. (Revelation 20:10,15).

Old 05-27-2022, 05:44 AM

676 posts, read 203,376 times
Quote:
Verse 11 does not change the fact that their backs are bent back alway according to verses 9-10; nor does it change the fact that they will be unable to see because of darkness.

It is true that all of Israel shall in fact be saved after that the times of the Gentiles have been fulfilled;

However, before that time comes, there are Jews who will be subjected eternally to the punishment
in verses 9-10 of Romans 11 when they have passed into the next life.

The point being that when Jesus says, "Except ye repent, you will all likewise perish..."

The perishing that He is speaking of is the same perishing that is spoken of in John 3:16, in contrast to everlasting life.

Biblically the perishing spoken of refers to being cast into the furnace of everlasting fire (Matthew 25:41) where there is wailing and gnashing of teeth (Matthew 13:41-42, 13:49-50); where they are tormented day and night for ever and ever. (Revelation 20:10,15).
Jesus , Savior of all mankind ( except for....almost everybody?)

All Israel shall be saved (However, they are subject to eternal damnation first)

jbf, your the accuser , don't even care about grace. Get thee behind us doer of iniquity.

Old 05-27-2022, 06:39 AM

7,530 posts, read 3,021,446 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HAL-5 View Post
Jesus , Savior of all mankind ( except for....almost everybody?)

All Israel shall be saved (However, they are subject to eternal damnation first)

jbf, your the accuser , don't even care about grace. Get thee behind us doer of iniquity.
My earthly father would have laid down his life for me without a second thought. My heavenly ABBA? ? ?

"For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have everlasting life. For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through him."

Perish= verb = ἀπόληται =

To separate/ put asunder.

To pick out/ select/ choose/ prefer.

To determine, resolve, decree, judge.

To save = verb = σῴζω =

To save/ rescue from danger or destruction.

To save from peril/ injury.

To save a suffering one.

Our God is the Saviour of all mankind.

He has come to save the suffering ones and σῴζω each and every one of them.

Last edited by Rose2Luv; 05-27-2022 at 06:48 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity